Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 318957 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #615 on: December 14, 2011, 05:59:57 AM »
Maybe I should revise to say, at least in the US it seems dead.  Only matches available off of searching were 2 bars or lower, and making a room for two hours, not one entrant.

I know how you feel.  I played a lot of matches vs my friend and it bumped my player level up pretty high.  If I wait 30 mins for someone to join, chances are they leave immediately anyway. 

Me and you should play together, we connected decently didn't we?  I won't use Kula, I promise.

I wait an hour, I go into training mode because I feel like working out maybe Claw Iori or Shen (because Terry HD combos are insanely finicky so idk if I want to keep him, still waiting on EX Kyo next week...by the way, weren't we supposed to get a blog about him today or something?), and I go in there forever, someone finally joins and by the time I make it back to the lobby, they're gone.

It was half decent between us.  Better than the crap I usually get anyway.  And it's fine if you use Kula, I hate the bitch but with the frequency she's used, I have to learn how to fight her anyway.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 14, 2011, 06:18:03 AM »
Even though that could had made a diference

1) This are the VGA, for god's sake, wwe all stars was there

2) Plus MK9 was really popular, in a local survey here, the game won by big difference

Marvel, could have won if weren't for the whole umvc 3 fiasco, street fighter is fading in obscurity, and KOF XIII is an incredible niche game, mk9 winning is not weird for me in any sense

Honestly, people shouldn't care for the VGA awars, at least the FGC
anyone who can play a video game shouldn't give a rats ass about the VGA's and personally as much as i love KoF i think mortal Kombat deserved the win ive honestly enjoyed it a lot more than both games content wise (inb4 rage)

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 14, 2011, 07:13:23 AM »

I know how you feel.  I played a lot of matches vs my friend and it bumped my player level up pretty high.  If I wait 30 mins for someone to join, chances are they leave immediately anyway. 

Me and you should play together, we connected decently didn't we?  I won't use Kula, I promise.

I believe we played the other day and I left after one match.   :) The connection was weird that day that I was dropping combos left and right. 

Perhaps we can play again some other time?

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 14, 2011, 08:19:04 AM »
I believe we played the other day and I left after one match.   :) The connection was weird that day that I was dropping combos left and right. 

Perhaps we can play again some other time?

Yeah, sure.  It's possible we live too far apart for a decent connection.  Add me on Xbox and we'll find out.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 14, 2011, 08:40:12 AM »
KOF XIII PS3 version took the 5th place of sales ranking of gamer.com.tw last week.
http://buy.gamer.com.tw/atmItem.php?sn=10306
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:39:19 AM by a11111357 »

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 14, 2011, 09:31:53 AM »

Yeah, sure.  It's possible we live too far apart for a decent connection.  Add me on Xbox and we'll find out.
Yes, definitely.  I feel like it has more to do with my cable internet connection.  My speed is unstable when my neighbors start streaming netflix during peek hours and weekends. 

KOF XIII PS3 version took the 5th place of sales ranking of gamer.com.tw.
http://buy.gamer.com.tw/atmItem.php?sn=10306

Well, the KOF series has always been huge in Asia.  I'm more curious to see how well the game sells in North America.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 15, 2011, 12:07:31 AM »
It would be nice if SNK released the KOF12 stages as dlc for 13 since their pretty much layout and art style.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 15, 2011, 06:21:19 AM »
Question: Only Neo Max/Hyperdrive combo I'm good with is Clark's. And I know that's because it's piss easy to do but bare with me here.

Let's say you have your 2nd character out there, Clark is your anchor. You're sitting on 2-3 bars and full Drive Cancel meter. Do you go into Neo Max to kill the 1st or 2nd character on you're opponents team, but in the process leave practically no meter and no Drive Cancel for Clark? Or do you keep it basic and build meter and possibly lose your 2nd character but you know that Clark's going to come in 3-4 bars and full drive cancel? Keep in mind that Clark is my main.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 15, 2011, 06:28:52 AM »
Depends on matchups and health of your second character and how well he builds meter.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 15, 2011, 06:34:09 AM »
So... anyone else's player data get erased lol?

I was playing a level 8 and all of a sudden after one match he turned into a level one, mine was still the same. I then turn the system off but when I come back a little while later I'm in the same boat, I'm a level 1 and all my stats have started from scratch.

Billy and Saiki are still unlocked but all the unlocked colors have been lost.

Fuck.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 15, 2011, 06:42:59 AM »
Depends on matchups and health of your second character and how well he builds meter.

My 2nd is usually Flame Iori or Billy. Sometimes I run Billy first but because I'm still figuring out Iori I run him 2nd when I see the other guy has figured out my Iori and wants to rush down Billy.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 15, 2011, 07:08:37 AM »
Hmm, well okay, it still also depends on health and your opponent's characters. 

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 15, 2011, 07:36:58 AM »
So... anyone else's player data get erased lol?

I was playing a level 8 and all of a sudden after one match he turned into a level one, mine was still the same. I then turn the system off but when I come back a little while later I'm in the same boat, I'm a level 1 and all my stats have started from scratch.

Billy and Saiki are still unlocked but all the unlocked colors have been lost.

Fuck.

Something similar happened to me several times - The other side's stats are reset in the middle of a long set.  When that happens, their names are blanked out and the win loss stats within the room don't add up.  However, my stats have never been reset.  I did suspect they increased my loss numbers by about 10 games once.  It probably happened during the glitch where the game attributed my opponent's losses to me by error.

Anyways, I actually don't mind having my stats reset.  A lot of people come into my room, saw my level, and leave immediately.  :)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 15, 2011, 11:53:32 AM »
Yeah I like the stat reset (I really want an option to hide stats) but losing my unlocks not so much.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 17, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »
If anyone still cares about reviews, the guy from the fighters generation gave a 9.1 to this game.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/games/kof-xiii.html