Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319067 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #690 on: December 21, 2011, 02:59:02 PM »
I focused on Ryo because he was the less used of the two and Robert seemed a little too good. Socal guys said the same thing in that one levelup stream, going on and on about how he's top tier. Though its funny how none of them bothered with him during SCR. Same with Hwa Jai, they said that he's top but he didn't do much worth mentioning in SCR. So yeah, I still maintain that, so far, this is one of the best balanced fighting games to date.

Now that I feel more comfy with Ryo I'll focus on Robert but, honestly, based on the few matches I've played with him I can't see myself not doing well with him. He's like a swiss knife of sorts, pretty much has everything. Fireball, DP, command throw, air special, invincible and super fast neomax (that can also be done in the air), very safe db f+B special, etc. Add to this easy hit confirms via f+B and f+A, which also work starting from lows, and you have a very solid character.

Maybe you guys are playing him way too much like in the previous years? Dunno. Most probably just have to adjust to his XIII style instead of relying on past knowledge, which is the same with a lot of the cast due to all the refreshing that took place.
dont really rely on much knowledge from old games much generally because i forget it in like 10 minutes but like baka said robert has all the makings of a solid character but a lot of his shit is kinda risky as of right now im gonna try to focus on find a replacement for him sure ill still use him time to time but just not right now which is kinda dissapoint because in almost every other kof i played he was a mainstay in my team well heres to hoping we get 96 rob as a ex

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 21, 2011, 03:24:45 PM »
I'm not saying he's bad. Best way to describe him is like Kula. She has good stuff and if you break her down and really start to use the combo system she can be a beast, however just using the specials in a footsies game will get you killed if you are not careful. Her shoryuken hits aren't very reliable (meaning unless you have the shoryuken mastered on how it hits you are going to whiff on your opponent a lot). Her slide is very punishable, her freeze breath is easy to get inside of, and her psudo hurricane kick to iceball isn't nearly what it used to be. However if you figure her out all together she is a beast.

Robert is a lot of the same. The shoryuken isn't nearly as accurate as it used to be, the hurricane kick (Hien shenpuken I know the names but I talk SF to simplify) is not safe at all, the fireball is average at best on properties, the dive kick is not nearly as safe as in past game also is a bit slower giving the opponent more time to adjust to it, and Ryoko Ranbu can be knocked out of pretty simply taking away one of the bigger advantages he had in the past games. That all being said put all his stuff together and I'm sure you can do serious damage w/ him cause he has many different attacks to work from, but on a simple footsies level, he's not very safe to use. I'll probably pick him up and work harder on him eventually, but there are a lot more characters to master that are more my style that I can work my way into the combo system while still feeling comfortable playing footsies with.

The balance is ridiculously good on this game cause I've watched the different streams of the game and the players seem to change their mind on who they want to use tournament by tournament. I mean do you remember a SF game where the players were picking totally different people from one tournament to the next?

There was actually quite a bit of character variation after the 2012 AE patch but yeah, they tend to stick more with one character in that game.

As for Robert, not having overly safe moves isn't much of an issue. Kyo is the same way, pretty much all his moves are punishable and yet he is a complete beast. Robert's ground db f+D is very unsafe but the B version seems pretty damn safe from the looks of it. unless they have a really fast move (like an EX super).

His footsie game is strong actually, you can use the same cancelling normals into fireballs tactic as Kensou. I used it with him in 2k2 and seems to work just as well here, highly annoying. Should be even better since he can easily capitalize of lows in XIII, like cr.Bx3, db f+B and cr.B, cr.A, f+B, f+A, finisher. Such strings also give him forever to hit confirm into HD. Then there is also that wall bounce and Iori style crossup. This guy has a ton of tools, if most of his moves were safe then he would probably be broken. A safe on block fireball, pretty safe db f+B and super safe neomax are enough for me.

Not sure what you mean about his dp but it has been pretty good at stuffing stuff, there is always the EX one as well. Can't remember his regular Ranbu being too hot outside of combos, Takuma's was the one that was always good (which makes sense since its one of the very few defensive options he has).

So yeah, maybe he just doesn't fit you guys anymorebut to me he seems similar to his previous years just with more combo options, tools and tricks etc.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:26:40 PM by Diavle »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 21, 2011, 09:35:47 PM »
Wow, I just realized.  DC had what, around 100-200 as their max of people on at one time?

SCR Weekend, we got 400.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 21, 2011, 09:39:30 PM »
It's understandable though.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 21, 2011, 09:42:35 PM »
It's understandable though.

Well sure, still cool though.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 21, 2011, 10:51:46 PM »
Okie dokie.

But anyways, does anyone know if SNKP has any plans to update the arcade version of the game with the console changes? Or is the arcade game considered obsolete to them now and not worth the resources to update?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 21, 2011, 11:19:58 PM »
Okie dokie.

But anyways, does anyone know if SNKP has any plans to update the arcade version of the game with the console changes? Or is the arcade game considered obsolete to them now and not worth the resources to update?

I bet they are doing a Arcade Update, maybe with the DLC characters already playable and some extra characters that might appear for DLC on consoles. Well this is me wishing for more Characters.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 21, 2011, 11:38:09 PM »
Wow, I just realized.  DC had what, around 100-200 as their max of people on at one time?

SCR Weekend, we got 400.

It was 115 up to last 2 weeks, 400+ is real nice.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 21, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
Very very nice indeed.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 22, 2011, 12:00:17 AM »

I bet they are doing a Arcade Update, maybe with the DLC characters already playable and some extra characters that might appear for DLC on consoles. Well this is me wishing for more Characters.

I'm actually hoping something like this will happen. considering how little play the cab at Next Level saw, I think an update to it may get some people playing it more often. All I would have to do is deal with the japanese stick and buttons. But I do hope it happens and it wouldn't surprise me if it did considering how many players who played the arcade version in Japan there were.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 22, 2011, 12:04:59 AM »

I'm actually hoping something like this will happen. considering how little play the cab at Next Level saw, I think an update to it may get some people playing it more often. All I would have to do is deal with the japanese stick and buttons. But I do hope it happens and it wouldn't surprise me if it did considering how many players who played the arcade version in Japan there were.

As long as everyone focuses on getting more and more ppl into KOFXIII, with the hype of NEC and SCR almost guaranteeing a spot for EVO, an update to the arcade is inevitable IMHO.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:08:11 AM by Kane317 »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 22, 2011, 01:07:52 AM »
I'm actually thinking that SNKP is expecting to create more characters for said update, since billy, saiki, and 3 ex characters doesn't seem that exciting to chill

SNKP adding 3-6 characters and focusing on other game could help them a bit

Waifu Material

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 22, 2011, 01:39:43 AM »
Pretty much. Truth be told, since they have fully delivered an amazing game and are getting such huge props for the finished product on console from the mainstream and the FGC, it would not surprise me at all if they are already at the drawing board for their next big project.

As much as I would want a new Fatal Fury, Metal Slug or Last Blade game, it  would come as no surprise if they are going to take another shot at making another SNK vs. Capcom game. But for now, back to KOF13!!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 23, 2011, 07:38:46 AM »
Had a decent time online. It kinda' pisses me off that everyone plays keepaway against Clark but I can kinda' understand why but it still pisses me off. Pretty much impossible to pull off clutch shit online with him.

Probably not going to keep Terry on 1st. There's things I like about him, especially that EX Projectile, but he has a lot of things going against him. I remember I did his AA super at the start of the match, knowing my opponent would do something dumb, and they did a random Hangetsuzan with Kim, and Kim hits me out of the Super... Holy shit that's bad.

Billy is amazingly good on 3rd. Just pure rushdown. I love him.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 23, 2011, 07:40:41 AM »
You kinda understand?  I'll make it clear, I see Clark, I'm running straight across to the other side of the screen.