Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 318967 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #735 on: December 26, 2011, 07:24:18 AM »
There's no macro button for it?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 26, 2011, 07:35:06 AM »

Yes, but you can still activate it by mistake. It can happen with those c.LK > HP links, it has happen to me like that.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 26, 2011, 07:38:50 AM »

The point isn't to activate it easier, it was to avoid accidental activations when having to use B and C in quick succession.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

robisntdrunk

• New Challenger
  • The King of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 26, 2011, 07:46:41 AM »
I hope snk includes a rematch option after match online with their patch.

What about lobbies?
I play fighting games much more than I train in real life, yet i'm still a better fighter in real life, guess I can't complain though.

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #739 on: December 26, 2011, 04:30:15 PM »
lobby? to bring more delay in an online match? no, thanks

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 26, 2011, 07:07:04 PM »

What about lobbies?

One thing that made me hate SSFIV is endless lobby, it made finding matches really hard because everyone just has 4-8 man lobbies open, so you have to wait a long time just for your turn in which the host might randomly kick you i rather just have player matches like in MVC3 with a rematch option after you finish a match and quickly go at it rather than picking characters all over again.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #741 on: December 26, 2011, 07:20:52 PM »
Yeah, I can't stand waiting either, I like to either wait in training mode (or back in SF4 days wait in arcade mode) and keep practicing until someone joins. The only purpose I feel lobbies are good for if you are streaming or recording a session with others (for a online tournament etc.) or if you are hosting a gathering with others you know, and you want to watch and help people while they play.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 26, 2011, 07:31:13 PM »
Well, PeacefulJay has said if XIII gets lobbies, he's gonna do his stream on that as well, so that would help exposure.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 26, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »
lobby? to bring more delay in an online match? no, thanks
this shouldn't be a problem SNK should lrn2netcode so we can have lobbys. as much as i love those bros its a pretty shitty excuse to cut that out because they wanted a good netcode and still gave us a shitty one anyway

robisntdrunk

• New Challenger
  • The King of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 26, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »

What about lobbies?

One thing that made me hate SSFIV is endless lobby, it made finding matches really hard because everyone just has 4-8 man lobbies open, so you have to wait a long time just for your turn in which the host might randomly kick you i rather just have player matches like in MVC3 with a rematch option after you finish a match and quickly go at it rather than picking characters all over again.

I mean just regular lobbies though, i dont see what they can hurt, MVC3 has them too.
I play fighting games much more than I train in real life, yet i'm still a better fighter in real life, guess I can't complain though.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 26, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
I have always preferred lobbies. I feel they tend to make for a friendlier environment. When playing strictly one on one people almost never use their mics, and the silence kinda bothers me. In a lobby it's easier to get a conversation going and it makes me less tense because now I'm suddenly playing with friends instead of a complete stranger that doesn't say anything. I still hate the waiting between fights, but the trade off is worth it to me.

robisntdrunk

• New Challenger
  • The King of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 26, 2011, 09:06:15 PM »
The wait during lobbies isn't that bad most of the time though, i mean just get some mics or make a chat room, and of course spectator mode.

...I'm talkin like 4 man lobbies here, 6 at most because 8 is way to long of a waiting time for me and for everybody else id say.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 26, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »
Okay, so for two straight videos, SNKP has proven that the f.B loop for Athena is viable in a match...start using them Athena mains.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 27, 2011, 02:03:23 AM »
Some more online musings:

The worst offenders of lag tactics are typically dudes who are Yellow bar and run a team made entirely of shoto characters.

Billy is just a really hard matchup for Goro. Pretty much nothing Goro can do to make Billy come to him, I feel like you have to use jump CD to get in a lot and against Billy that's not a good option. I have to learn some anti-Billy technology with Goro.

Clark is really good on 1st. I don't think he has any bad matchups. Not even against Billy, if you play a little patient you can beat him pretty easily. Online is another story though as always.

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 28, 2011, 05:58:02 AM »
New Blog:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/

It's continuing Mr.Karate info