Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 318999 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #870 on: January 03, 2012, 01:20:49 PM »
^ You and me both. I never got into GGPO cause the selection of games was less then Supercade and knew there was a good chance Supercade and GGPO won't like to be on my old shitty computer together. It never bothered me cause I knew a shitty connection is a shitty connection when it comes down to it. Hell I had a few xbox 180 matches that were next to flawless just cause the connection was good.  When it comes down to net connection until the normal net speed surpasses the net speed that is really required to run whatever game we are talking about it will never be what we truly want it to be.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 03, 2012, 02:39:38 PM »
Does Iori come out in Japan on Jan 10th? He's not in the Japanese PSN at the moment.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 03, 2012, 04:06:12 PM »
He was a pre-order bonus, so no surprise if he is not available at this moment.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 03, 2012, 04:28:31 PM »
BB's netcode is trash, it's only useful for doing chains of attacks, not for reaction based stuff. 5 frames is an unplayable delay.

2002 on Supercade has 0 delay frames added to it, the only game that has extra delay is 3S I think, ¿trashing Supercade just because of that one game?. It's a fallacy to say all games on it have extra delay.

Supercade has 0 delay added to all games, but has no delay control where you can add to it to make your online matches run smoother. Ggpo comes with 1 delay added to it by default which you can decrease, so in fact Supercade is by default less laggy than Ggpo.

The only way to go for fighting games producers nowadays is to build netcodes with the premise of completely or almost completely eliminating delay, since the technology is already out there. It looks shameful, how companies haven't been able to come up with better netcodes than ggpo and supercade with the same vision. There is no other way to offer an acceptable online fighting game. 2 delay frames is the last playable spot a good player must accept, anything beyond that is unplayable and distorting the metagame in the end. When it comes to games like XIII with input delay netcodes, I can withstand up to 6 frames but in the end I'm not playing the game as it should be played.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 03, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »
No offence, but seems to me like you haven't actually played BB online.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 03, 2012, 10:15:36 PM »
isn't 3s on GGPO pretty bad as well? i haven't had any decent experiences with my friends, but when we play st it works fine.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 03, 2012, 10:31:24 PM »
3S is very weird when it comes to emulators.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 03, 2012, 10:42:06 PM »
BB's netcode is trash, it's only useful for doing chains of attacks, not for reaction based stuff. 5 frames is an unplayable delay.

2002 on Supercade has 0 delay frames added to it, the only game that has extra delay is 3S I think, ¿trashing Supercade just because of that one game?. It's a fallacy to say all games on it have extra delay.

Supercade has 0 delay added to all games, but has no delay control where you can add to it to make your online matches run smoother. Ggpo comes with 1 delay added to it by default which you can decrease, so in fact Supercade is by default less laggy than Ggpo.

The only way to go for fighting games producers nowadays is to build netcodes with the premise of completely or almost completely eliminating delay, since the technology is already out there. It looks shameful, how companies haven't been able to come up with better netcodes than ggpo and supercade with the same vision. There is no other way to offer an acceptable online fighting game. 2 delay frames is the last playable spot a good player must accept, anything beyond that is unplayable and distorting the metagame in the end. When it comes to games like XIII with input delay netcodes, I can withstand up to 6 frames but in the end I'm not playing the game as it should be played.

Um.... Actually none of us were trashing Supercade in general. Just the 3rd Strike. I even said I am exclusively (computer wise) on Supercade. 'Cept for 3S I like playing on it. Had the best match from someone from Japan on Supercade (Alpha 3 to be exact). Now do I really care anymore if they fix 3S? Hell no. But the original post was just to say Supercade had memory issues with getting a decent netcode on 3S.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 03, 2012, 10:59:27 PM »
6 Hours until XIII's fate is decided.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 03, 2012, 11:20:13 PM »
6 Hours until XIII's fate is decided.
Whats in 6 hours?
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 03, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »
I'm guessing the netcode patch.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 03, 2012, 11:28:15 PM »

Uh no...why would a patch be at 10PM on a random day of the week with no knowledge of it?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 03, 2012, 11:36:58 PM »
The EVO 2012 announcement.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 04, 2012, 02:02:28 AM »

Uh no...why would a patch be at 10PM on a random day of the week with no knowledge of it?
cause it would make me happy

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 04, 2012, 02:04:38 AM »
Xxenace, you aren't allowed to be happy while I'm around, not during WAR.