Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319053 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #960 on: January 09, 2012, 03:36:58 PM »
I just dont understand what we as a people can do to get "spectator mode" in the game! Capcom players cried for months but got it, I would have no prob paying for it. Its just too many people who plays it and love it but the online set up needs to change, and change fast! SNK wake up, give us spectator mode!! Oh and by the way......Great stream!! Obaiyo mina.......

why do you want spectator mode if only 2 persons rooms are allowed?
im pretty sure he just forgot to add in that he wanted more people per room

Hagaishi

• New Challenger
  • I live for the fight!!
    • View Profile
    • Playfire
« Reply #961 on: January 09, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »
Oh yeah that too! lol!

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #962 on: January 09, 2012, 04:21:38 PM »
KOF XIII WP Cup beginning right now
http://pt-br.twitch.tv/wpgames

Since this is my first competitive KoF I don't know any of the top players outside of North America. Is there anybody in that stream I should take note of? I only caught the grand finals and it was a complete blow out.  

For those who came in WP Cup:
Brazil: KlĂ©berYagami, RenatoKOF. NeoGeo, AlĂȘ and CNB.House
Chile: Garode

Other Countries:
For Mexico: our known player BALA, Romance, El Rosa and LDA.Kula (he'll focus only on XIII in next month)
France: Frionel
Japan got many tops in arcade version (1.1), but for console, I just know Dune and Oogosho, both from eLive

and I don't know if Dakou and Xiaohai, from China, are playing KOF XIII but I think they'll show their face just in EVO, I think
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:24:59 PM by G100.Vinn Aleixo (AleixoFM) »

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 09, 2012, 05:46:24 PM »
Thanks for the response. I'll keep an eye on those players you mentioned.

What do you guys think about this boycott from eLive Pro? They made an announcement saying they will not be sending any players to compete in tournaments for game companies that are supporting SOPA. I know this effects players who are playing SF4 2012 since Capcom is part of the ESA and ESA is pro SOPA. I'm not sure if SNK-P or ATLUS are part of the ESA so I'm not if this effects KoFXIII players.

If they are then wouldn't this prevent players such as Mr.KOF from entering tournaments?

It's really unfortunate since I just want to see the best players compete but I understand how bad SOPA is going to be for all of us if it gets passed.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 09, 2012, 07:24:36 PM »
I just dont understand what we as a people can do to get "spectator mode" in the game! Capcom players cried for months but got it, I would have no prob paying for it. Its just too many people who plays it and love it but the online set up needs to change, and change fast! SNK wake up, give us spectator mode!! Oh and by the way......Great stream!! Obaiyo mina.......

Asking for spectator mode is probably a moot point sice it takes away bandwidth and they are trying to conserve as much as possible. What they could do is put back in match save mode where you can download other people's matches. This was already in KOF XII. Just to have the ability to watch how other people play would be good enough for me.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 10, 2012, 12:55:45 AM »
Downloadable matches sounds like a pretty good compromise. The infrastructure would already be there to filter out scrub matches with the ranking system already in the game. Like that idea.

@Killey, I def understand the elive ban. Their business would be utterly destroyed if that passes. I really hope that it won't affect KOF either. I would hope that snkp would be against the bill bc of all of the positive press kof got due to streams and youtube.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 10, 2012, 04:30:55 AM »
I can't be the only one hanging out around midnight for Mr. Karate I hope.

So Hype for him.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 10, 2012, 04:38:46 AM »
I still think he shouldnt be able to counter against fireballs but we'll see how that turns out.
In my case I am waiting for Mr. Karate and also Nest Style Kyo since I am on PSN.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 10, 2012, 04:51:48 AM »
Mr.Karate looks really freaking good. I know it's really early to say but based on the footage we've seen, he seems overpowered to me. I hope it's not another case of SSF4 Dudley. lol

@Killey, I def understand the elive ban. Their business would be utterly destroyed if that passes. I really hope that it won't affect KOF either. I would hope that snkp would be against the bill bc of all of the positive press kof got due to streams and youtube.

I understand it too and I definitely applaud eLive and twitch.tv for making a stand. However, it seems like pulling players from events hurts the players more.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 10, 2012, 05:39:04 AM »
At which time the updates appear on the xbox and the psn?

Waifu Material

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 10, 2012, 02:01:08 PM »
Mr Karate is up on xbox live.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 10, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »
@ryouma, I like the idea of countering fireballs a lot - don't think that has been done in this manner before and is unique. I think it may appear a bit much considering the rest of karate's movelist and how he comes across as overwhelmingly strong. I'm still really interested to see how crazy he really is or isn't.

@killey, yeah same. I guess that is the most potent way for them to do battle unfortunately... In general, the top COs whether it be movies/music/games may be looking to support it in order to stunt exposure of underdog competitors in their respective areas.

@sibarraz, good question. Blog says tomorrow for 360 and 1/12 for ps3, maybe the same outside of north america?
NA is probably the 20th along with NESTs Kyo for ps3, haven't heard a thing about 360 dates for NA..

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 10, 2012, 02:11:08 PM »
Mr Karate is up on xbox live.

Wait, 1/10 is today, isn't it? Damn you 360 bastards! lol

(please hook us up with impressions)

I guess I will be doing the ps3 wait...again *groan*

Hagaishi

• New Challenger
  • I live for the fight!!
    • View Profile
    • Playfire
« Reply #973 on: January 10, 2012, 02:39:20 PM »
Mr Karate is a BEAST!!!! Get hype!! Now ima ask god for them to KEEP bring out people! (And then God spoke: Fat chance!) lol! But on the real, I see soo many people maining him! Just watch, He can jump cancel his normals??? OMG!

And i think PSN folks get 2 people today right?? Didnt they push back Nest Kyo till today?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:02:00 AM by Rex Dart »

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 10, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »
I can see him being the best character to abuse in lag.