Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 318949 times)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1065 on: January 26, 2012, 06:35:11 AM »
new Neo Geo Pocket
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57365580-17/remember-the-neo-geo-it-might-be-making-a-comeback/
Neo Geo games aren't exactly the most sought-after titles, even though they've been making appearances in Sony's PlayStation Store as of late...

They aren't all forgotten either. Also, I think XIII really help jump-start SNKP's popularity in the video gaming scene. Taking advantage of this might help them win even just some sales.

...and based on the specs reported by Famicom-Plaza and Kotaku, the device might be easily overshadowed by the more-capable Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita

I dunno. I wouldn't exactly call the 3DS and Vita the most affordable handheld. If SNKP decides to play it safe, selling the device at a much lower price, as well as release some new and memorable games, they could probably win a good number of gamers who are looking for cheap but enjoyable games, games they won't have to work 3 months worth of pay day. Having a cheap alternative handheld might work out for them.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:36:45 AM by Aenthin »

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 26, 2012, 06:51:10 AM »
new Neo Geo Pocket
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57365580-17/remember-the-neo-geo-it-might-be-making-a-comeback/
I wanna punch the asshole who wrote that article right in the damn face.

Everytime I read a cnet article, it seems that that's exactly what I want to do. Not long ago, I read a cnet article basically calling the Dreamcast a total waste of parts and not worth the time - completely ignoring how much it changed the way online was integrated into consoles.

Man, I do hate cnet these days. Really hope this SOPA thing bites them in the ass eventually.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 26, 2012, 06:59:10 AM »
Other than the guy saying the Neo Geo MVS wasn't worth a $1... It'd be pretty insane for SNKP to release a handheld at this point. The market is saturated with state of the art smart phones and Nintendo and Sony have the market cornered for handheld gaming consoles. It wouldn't even work as a small time hobby-ist device because the GP2X and Whiz models are out there and can emulate Neo Geo shit.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 26, 2012, 08:41:53 AM »
Just curious if anyone feels this way or not:

I have a philosophy that you should keep combos that are not necessarily basic but ones you absolutely know you can do. My opinion is that if you try those fancy Trial Mode combos when you can do them maybe 5 times out of 10 you run a big risk of dropping it and losing the whole thing.

Basically I ignore fancy combos that don't do that much more damage. I mean if at the most I stand to gain 100-150 more damage by doing a fancy combo that I could easily if I blink the wrong way, then I don't think it's worth it. I won't practice a trial mode combo unless the damage is 200+.

Do you guys feel the same way?

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 26, 2012, 09:23:01 AM »

I have a philosophy that you should keep combos that are not necessarily basic but ones you absolutely know you can do. My opinion is that if you try those fancy Trial Mode combos when you can do them maybe 5 times out of 10 you run a big risk of dropping it and losing the whole thing.

Basically I ignore fancy combos that don't do that much more damage. I mean if at the most I stand to gain 100-150 more damage by doing a fancy combo that I could easily if I blink the wrong way, then I don't think it's worth it. I won't practice a trial mode combo unless the damage is 200+.

I'd say keep all the viable combo opportunities available to you. I've risked dropping a combo while trying to perform a bigger one; it's half-and-half whether it works out or not. The only combos I'm really wary of is the ones that leave me really open under the wrong circumstances. I'm eventually trying to work on half-performed blocked combos that I see some Japanese players trying. Those always surprise the hell out of me asa they turn it into a grab. A Beni player always put me in the corner with a grab and started his own corner combo from there.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 26, 2012, 11:37:31 AM »
On the one hand, i wouldn't be afraid to try a combo i'm a bit uncomfortable with, because you've got to practice in actual matches for things to really sink in. On the other hand, if i wanna win i'd probably rather do a combo i'm confident in completing and see if i can do a reset to make up for potential damage loss or something like that.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 26, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »
I wish SNK would re-release some of the NGPC titles on the PS Vita or 3DS.  I used to own the original NeoGeo Pocket and later the Neo Geo Pocket Color.  Fun times!!

PhoenonX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 29, 2012, 04:42:15 AM »
I wasn't sure where to put this so...yeah.

KDD-0000

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 29, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »
I wish SNK would re-release some of the NGPC titles on the PS Vita or 3DS.  I used to own the original NeoGeo Pocket and later the Neo Geo Pocket Color.  Fun times!!

Me too. Those were hell good and had the best joypads on any handheld.

Tanner

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 30, 2012, 03:12:07 AM »

Most trial mode combos aren't practical in a real match anyway.  Whether it's too difficult to execute (especially if there are more damaging and easier combo options) or bad damage to meter usage ratio.  In a tourney match I'd also rather do a combo that, for example, does 400 damage that I can hit 100% of the time than a 530 combo that I can only do 75% of the time.  In casuals though, I try to practice some harder versions.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 30, 2012, 04:51:55 AM »
KOF PS3 UPDATE
1.02?! :OOO
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 30, 2012, 04:54:46 AM »
damn you, now I have to connect online.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1077 on: January 30, 2012, 05:35:45 AM »
KOF PS3 UPDATE
1.02?! :OOO

????

I didn't get anything.

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 30, 2012, 05:43:27 AM »
Here's what I can find on this.

http://atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9943

One dude from europe seems to have it and has been posting updates.

RobocopTwo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 30, 2012, 05:44:59 AM »
The update is there, it doesn't appear to make things faster although it does look like it makes connections a fair bit more consistent but this is only after testing it once so I would be very happy to admit I am wrong when that is proved so. Also I could be wrong but Takuma's cr.C seemed marginally faster (but as I said I could be wrong).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:47:27 AM by RobocopTwo »