Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 318969 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1140 on: February 01, 2012, 05:12:22 AM »
http://www.gamershell.com/companies/atlus_software/951596.html

Along with the patch, apparently there`s a temporary $10 price drop on KOF13 and some Atlus EVO support info. If you guys knew people waiting for the patch or a price drop, now's the time to bring up KOF again.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 01, 2012, 05:43:42 AM »
Online is still ass with my piss poor usa fios connection.

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 01, 2012, 05:46:52 AM »
You mean US patch is out? Time to check it out later.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 01, 2012, 06:08:41 AM »
Played a grand total of three people tonight. Looks like a lot of guys are starring at Ivy's tits in Soul Calibur.

Desmond: About the same as it was, maybe slightly better. Hard to tell if it's improved at all.

Jairo-killer: Somehow got worse, almost underwater connection whereas before it was pretty playable.

Some other dude with a Blue connection: Underwater.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:07:21 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 01, 2012, 06:20:37 AM »
I played 4 matches - 2 green, 2 blue, all awful. It's gotten worse for me. I did go back and check to be sure my router was still properly configured and it's fine. Alas, was my internet upgrade for nothing?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 01, 2012, 06:25:22 AM »
so is it safe to say that i/we should be severely disappointed in SNK?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 01, 2012, 06:27:04 AM »
To be fair, not too many people on tonight.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 01, 2012, 06:33:04 AM »
To be fair, not too many people on tonight.
well i hope this patch changes something cause ive been hearing mixed things  about it

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 01, 2012, 06:35:48 AM »
Here's what they're saying on Orochinagi.

http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=3507

Mixed results.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 01, 2012, 06:38:08 AM »
When the results are mixed, it's best to assume the ones with the "better" connections are undergoing a placebo effect, trying to see something that isn't really there.

It was a matchmaking patch, nothing more, nor did they really state that it would be anything more.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1150 on: February 01, 2012, 07:05:27 AM »
After I downloaded the patch I played with someone that was a blue bar and it was horrible, lots of stuttering all over the place. Then I made a room and whenever someone would enter, the snyc pop up would come on the character select screen, then disconnect. This happened to almost everyone I tried to connect with in a 20 minute span.

Then I looked at my router settings and found out that my ps3's IP address changed and was off my portforwarding profile. After I fixed it, the matches began to connect. Weird.

I played with a red connection (from Morroco) and that was obviously horrible.

The yellow connections as far as I remember had a lots of input delay.

The green and blue connections I felt were the most playable but I'm trying to figure out if its just because the colors have switched their meanings. It's like green is yellow, and green is blue?

Many of the blue connections, on my side felt good, I played against Nilcam (was our connection really that horrible?), FameDouglas, and Sparkster. Those felt like a big upgrade from the pre-patch green bars to me. I'm trying to figure out why FameDouglas connection from pre-patch was so HORRIBLE and now, it felt damn good, and he was on a mic. We were both busting out combos and the input lag felt very low. I tried playing with Mikel on a blue connection, but he told someone was playing other games on their connection, so it was hella laggy throughout.

Many of the random blue bar connections (4?) felt good to me, and even though once in a while there was a little lag brief lag spike, the input lag I felt was minimal.

I played with Louis on a green bar connection and honestly it felt a little bit of the same as previous times.

I did notice the loading times from character select to the match online was more brief while the team screen had some lag.

So overall, I'm not sure if I'm seeing things because of the patch but it still feels a little inconsistent. I do think there has been a small improvement, but I hope it just wasn't because I was hosting a majority of the time. I think most definitely your connection speed and ping to the player plays a major role on how playable it will be, but I'm still concerned on how the connection between FameDouglas and I pre-patch was so ASS and now we were both like "wow, this is actually good".

Just remember this is day one, I'm interested to continue testing with others and seeing how it is. I will try some matches of me joining other players rooms instead of just hosting to see the difference.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 01, 2012, 08:10:45 AM »
I think most definitely your connection speed and ping to the player plays a major role on how playable it will be, but I'm still concerned on how the connection between FameDouglas and I pre-patch was so ASS and now we were both like "wow, this is actually good".

Same experience for Solid and I, we've always had crazed connections until last night. Will try and do another session w him tonight to see if we can replicate that good blue bar experience again.

GGs Bio. I can't remember the last time I played an online game like that so flawlessly, though the only fighters I've played recently are XIII, 3SOE, and a game of AE once. Hope this means a lot more competition will be available now, everywhere.

^The patch doesn't seem to be doing much for most peeps, but seriously I went from not playing online due to horrendous connections time and time again to this. All the other randoms I did online last night were good too - also a first as I've never had a connection that made it worth it to be online till now period. We'll see what the new day brings...

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 01, 2012, 11:48:46 AM »
played some matches.. 2 bars still bad, only 3 bar i got was "slow" ... i m in china and played in the afternoon.. i played a guy from korea, 2 bars bad... tonight i try with my bro who lives in china as well...

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 01, 2012, 01:25:34 PM »
so it seems patch is on just in the usa ? i plaied last nite (around late afternoon time in usa ) and what i noticed is just less ppl available in player match. connection was still the same shit , i didnt noticed any parameters of search or preferences memorized (of course cause i didnt get the patch yet ) so i think im in the box of ppl without patch and i see less players available for this ?

for those who have the patch : when launching the game u received a message saying there was an upgrade for the game or u have to look for the  patch in the marketplace ?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 01, 2012, 01:29:43 PM »
so it seems patch is on just in the usa ? i plaied last nite (around late afternoon time in usa ) and what i noticed is just less ppl available in player match. connection was still the same shit , i didnt noticed any parameters of search or preferences memorized (of course cause i didnt get the patch yet ) so i think im in the box of ppl without patch and i see less players available for this ?

for those who have the patch : when launching the game u received a message saying there was an upgrade for the game or u have to look for the  patch in the marketplace ?
it should ask you if you want to install the patch before you start playing the game it wouldn't be in the marketplace unless it was some type of dlc im guessing if you haven't got it yet it might not be up in your area