Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319066 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1200 on: February 04, 2012, 01:28:50 AM »
I played some games with Desmond this morning with much better results. There was a tiny bit of input lag but it was quite playable. I had some trouble with simple links like King's B, dp+B but that's to be expected.

I think they are using rollbacks cause I have yet to play w/o the 2 frame lag. I need to play a guy on my friends list who lives near me. As for your blue bar bad sessions all I can think of is your ping is erratic. I had a similar problem with Xxenace. Are you on cable? Cause a problem I had back in the day was during peak times the netspeed drops drastically cause of the amount of users in general area who get online. I live in the 'burbs now, but in the city it was really bad.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 01:30:38 AM by Mr Bakaboy »
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 04, 2012, 01:34:24 AM »
According to pingtest.net, my ping is pretty stable, usually between 20 and 24ms. I did a speed test before and after we played and got a lower speed rating than the last few sessions. I am on cable and I am baffled by the results to say the least. When it's good, it's really good; when it's bad, it's awful.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 04, 2012, 01:45:33 AM »
I played some games with Desmond this morning with much better results. There was a tiny bit of input lag but it was quite playable. I had some trouble with simple links like King's B, dp+B but that's to be expected.

I think they are using rollbacks cause I have yet to play w/o the 2 frame lag. I need to play a guy on my friends list who lives near me. As for your blue bar bad sessions all I can think of is your ping is erratic. I had a similar problem with Xxenace. Are you on cable? Cause a problem I had back in the day was during peak times the netspeed drops drastically cause of the amount of users in general area who get online. I live in the 'burbs now, but in the city it was really bad.
how did that match run for you that we played? for the short while before i had to go i wasn't feeling any noticeable lag also i used wireless btw (only because it's a lot more convenient in my situation)

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 04, 2012, 02:57:23 AM »
after patch test:

vs fiol (1300km (JinHua china) from where i live (Shenzhen china)) yellow bar

awful...24+ matches and there was so much lag i just didnt give a damn anymore about what i was doing.
Before the patch there was no lag just a bit slow, nothing to scream about but was actually playable...now? the SHIT!
Sometimes there was 1s lag, sometimes none, but most of the time was something like 3s or 5s lag...to me was unplayable...

they xxxxed up pretty badly for me, kudos to SNK...as we say here in china 越来越差!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:59:17 AM by asociale »
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 04, 2012, 03:12:30 AM »
Yellow bar was never really playable, you were fooling yourself if you thought it was.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 04, 2012, 03:37:00 AM »
Yellow bar was never really playable, you were fooling yourself if you thought it was.

Yeah and green bars pre patch but yeah now i just leave my lobby open with 4 bar restriction not hard finding them here.

Also i wish there was frame data for this game was getting pressured with normal iori claw specials on block didnt know how to deal with them besides roll. :/

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 04, 2012, 03:51:31 AM »

u r in China? have u ever played yellow bars before in China? no right? so you comment, no offence, is useless.. before the patch i had good yellow bar matches here in the red land...really playable... so come on...
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 04, 2012, 04:18:23 AM »

u r in China? have u ever played yellow bars before in China? no right? so you comment, no offence, is useless.. before the patch i had good yellow bar matches here in the red land...really playable... so come on...

No I do take offence because I don't give a shit if you're in China, Australia, London, Mars, Venus or fucking Pluto.  Yellow Bars do not come with a Disclaimer "Warning, Yellow Bars in China are equivalent to Green-Blue Bars in other regions".

On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 04, 2012, 04:20:28 AM »

No I do take offence because I don't give a shit if you're in China, Australia, London, Mars, Venus or fucking Pluto.  Yellow Bars do not come with a Disclaimer "Warning, Yellow Bars in China are equivalent to Green-Blue Bars in other regions".

chill bro

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 04, 2012, 04:23:28 AM »
You're right...went off again...I apologize...he's right, I'm not in China, I shouldn't talk about connections in places I've never been in.

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 04, 2012, 04:27:23 AM »

PAL if before the patch came out yellow bars were playable here doesnt mean they were perfect BUT at least they were fun to play with ,NOW ,at least with my bro (before """no problem"""), it s a lag fest.
I ve never said china yellow bars = green & blue bars in other regions so dont freak out like that ... god... i just said before the patch i had nice time playing against my bro ,now it's just a nightmare... we ll try to switch the host (yesterday evening was him hosting)...

so CHILL OUT a bit lol

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 04, 2012, 05:44:41 AM »

how did that match run for you that we played? for the short while before i had to go i wasn't feeling any noticeable lag also i used wireless btw (only because it's a lot more convenient in my situation)

The game speed was wonky. It couldn't decide wether to go slower or faster. Of late frames are the usual things to drop or they drop the speed down permantly I haven't seen the speed in flux like it was there. For a 3 bar match it was bad. I thought you were getting frustrated when you dropped. Appreciated the message after explaining.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 04, 2012, 06:07:58 AM »

The game speed was wonky. It couldn't decide wether to go slower or faster. Of late frames are the usual things to drop or they drop the speed down permantly I haven't seen the speed in flux like it was there. For a 3 bar match it was bad. I thought you were getting frustrated when you dropped. Appreciated the message after explaining.
naw dude i dont rage quit even if i am against unbeatable odds or a extremely annoying 12 year old cuz i ain't a bitch like that anyway sorry to hear about things on your end

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 04, 2012, 06:33:58 AM »
I ragequit only when it's laggy. I don't care if I'm winning or losing but I will ragequit because of lag. The way I see it; I play to get better. And if I'm not gaining anything from the experience then what's the point?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 04, 2012, 09:18:49 AM »
It's so unfair that KOF is not as popular as SF. On SF I can get perfect connections cause ppl around me play it a lot. I want to become better and get deeper in KOF but the circumstances won't allow it :(