Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319149 times)

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1230 on: February 05, 2012, 10:42:05 PM »
Im getting bodied really hard online, am i the only new person playing this game everyone online seems really experienced, don't feel like i can learn with how one sided it is :(

Femto

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: February 05, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »

I don't know if the Northwest is really getting into KOF or what, but I haven't had any trouble (yet) finding matches. Of course it varies by time of day, but I typically don't have to wait more than a minute or two in practice mode.

YO!!!!  We are playing this in WA, Canada BC and Oregon.  There is a NWKOF page.  I don't like FB but ended up making a dummy account and joining.  There's about 55 heads in WA alone. Tourney's and gatherings just about every week.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 05, 2012, 11:46:21 PM »
Im getting bodied really hard online, am i the only new person playing this game everyone online seems really experienced, don't feel like i can learn with how one sided it is :(

Really, it's the opposite for me.  Facing a lot of people who don't really know what they're doing.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 06, 2012, 05:44:36 AM »

Really, it's the opposite for me.  Facing a lot of people who don't really know what they're doing.

Sounds like you're playing people who are playing King of Street Fighters.  Have a FIREBALL ZEEEE.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 06, 2012, 05:49:54 AM »
Except for the part where they didn't even try that.  It's not that they didn't know what they were doing in KoF.  It's that most of them didn't know what they were doing in a FG period it seemed.  If they had played like they were playing SF, one, I would've said so and two, depending on who they used the fundamentals would've at least provided me with something.

EDIT: http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/climax/

http://shoryuken.com/2012/02/05/snk-playmore-announces-kofxiii-climax-japanese-location-tests-begin-this-weekend/

Also, it's official, the KOFXIII Arcade Machines are indeed getting the console updates...however, it's being called KOFXIII:Climax.

Find that a bit...suspicious.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:23:38 AM by Saitsuofleaves »
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 06, 2012, 11:17:12 AM »
That's awesome. I'm glad to see that there's people still supporting the arcade, especially when KOF has thrived on it so much. It's sad when arcade players are left behind.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 06, 2012, 02:48:17 PM »
And here I am wondering if it's just a port ;)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: February 06, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »
That's awesome. I'm glad to see that there's people still supporting the arcade, especially when KOF has thrived on it so much. It's sad when arcade players are left behind.

More like its all that matters in Japan it seems, KOFXIII match vids etc from there pretty much completely dried up after the console release.

Doubt it but wonder if there are any differences from the console version, though as much as I'd like SNK to put new content into XIII at the same time I'd rather they shift their focus onto a new project, XIII is friggin amazing as is (easily my no.1 fighter of all time).

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 06, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »
Anyone else find it odd how even though SoCal seems to hold Robert in such high regard when talking about tiers they never ever actually use him?

Also, seems Mature is moving up their ranks. She was getting a lot of use in yesterday's tournament, even as anchor. Her EX fireball pretty much completely shuts down fireball games, like that of Saiki. Her links equal tons of damage and she can really lock you down with block strings.

I've been curious about the Robert thing for a long time. He's good, but works best at mid to long range IMO. The mid range attacks can set up the close range, but he always seemed weak up close compared to Takuma, or Ryo. Every time I hear about Robert though, they make him out a all around fighter w/ high priority. I just don't see it.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 06, 2012, 05:01:53 PM »
I has been saying for a long time the same thing about robert too, I don't see why he is supposed to be top tier

And for climax, great, now the asians will show us their secret tech

Waifu Material

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1240 on: February 06, 2012, 05:17:32 PM »
Anyone else find it odd how even though SoCal seems to hold Robert in such high regard when talking about tiers they never ever actually use him?

Also, seems Mature is moving up their ranks. She was getting a lot of use in yesterday's tournament, even as anchor. Her EX fireball pretty much completely shuts down fireball games, like that of Saiki. Her links equal tons of damage and she can really lock you down with block strings.

I've been curious about the Robert thing for a long time. He's good, but works best at mid to long range IMO. The mid range attacks can set up the close range, but he always seemed weak up close compared to Takuma, or Ryo. Every time I hear about Robert though, they make him out a all around fighter w/ high priority. I just don't see it.

I think it's exactly because he's an all-around fighter that he seems to pale in comparison with Takuma or Ryo in close range. When you look at it, Robert has pretty much everything in his arsenal: a fireball, an anti-air, a cross up, a grab...you name it, he probably has it, except more juggling options.

When he corners an opponent, he turns out to have less juggling options without having to sacrifice meter or drive. The biggest difference is that his db_f+K makes him jump backwards, unlike Takuma's version or Ryo's hcb+K. Ryo can also juggle his opponents a few times with his qcf+A while Takuma can prolong his combos further with his zanretsuken into grab. Even Yuri outjuggles Robert with her qcb+P.

Basically, he's like Mario. He's pretty well-rounded, having almost every single trick you can find, but not really the best in all of them.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: February 06, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »
I guess the Climax (puts on sunglasses) has come earlier than everyone expected.

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 06, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »
so ive changed locations and my interwebs is supposed to be better so im down if anyone wants to have a few matches later today though i might not be around for a bit as im still trying to put shit away

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 06, 2012, 05:53:38 PM »
Online is not fun at all, especially against people who rush down like crazy, maybe i found out my new strategy.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 06, 2012, 05:57:32 PM »
So I've been finding more green/blue bar matches on ranked instead of player match. I'm glad that I'm actually getting in some good matches, but a little sad that I keep getting my ass handed to me by so man Clark and Kula players...