Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 321706 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1290 on: February 09, 2012, 09:54:58 PM »
Shen
- Shen will no longer receive a counter hit penalty when he's hit during his Far C
- Shen will gain some power meter when he bounces off anything stronger than an EX projectile with his Danken(Projectile parry)

Ralf
- Fixed issue where Ralf and Raiden's positions will change and command has be input in reverse when doing Bareback Vulcan (DM) > MAX Cancel >NEOMAX

Saiki
- Fixed Normal throw so that it no longer raises the opponent's meters.

Benimaru
- Fixed issue where doing cl.D>HD bypass will make the characters switch position when the opponent is facing back

Billy
- Took out invincibility on HD bypass

Raiden
- Changed damage on short hop & hyper hop C from 72 to 70

Flame Iori
- Fixed issue where MAX canceling too late from normal Maiden Masher wouldn't target lock the NEOMAX.
- Changed input frames for canceling from Maiden Masher.
- Fixed issue where repeatedly blocking low would display his standing block for a split moment.

Hwa
- Changed cr.B so that it can be HD bypassed.

mmm, imo those are balances, but nothing really radical

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: February 09, 2012, 09:57:35 PM »
You're right, it seems to be a straight up port with a bit of cleaning up...I wouldn't say issues, just some quirks I guess.

And just as I was about to post, Sibarraz beats me to it.  At least I can get the video up.

KOF XIII:知ってると得する(かもしれない)Part.2
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: February 09, 2012, 10:59:14 PM »
I'm really impressed with SNK's tutorial videos. While most of us probably already know the information presented in these videos, I'm impressed at the content they cover. They went over system mechanics, character specific mechanics, and community developed tactics.

This video goes over a lot of input shortcuts that can be done with certain characters. It goes over drive cancel combo issues such as K' DP drive cancel fireball becoming a super. They showed the HCB~F method to make this consistent and then applied it to other characters or in Flame Iori's case changed it to make one of his drive cancel combos to work.

Then they go into buffering techniques and I've never seen any game company go over buffering before. They didn't go over the basics of buffering but went into the more advance stuff like Ryo doing c.B, s.A xx Neomax. The later half of the video shows how to buffer a command grab from a run, and then examples of oki games/mind games that come about from this using Raiden as the example.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: February 10, 2012, 01:09:41 AM »
Kinda hoping for new characters on Climax, but I won't hold my breath.

For the love of God, give me Geese...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: February 10, 2012, 01:19:53 AM »
Kinda hoping for new characters on Climax, but I won't hold my breath.

For the love of God, give me Geese...

>_>  I saw that.  And you have the wrong Howard...though I know the chances of Rock are literally zero.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #1295 on: February 10, 2012, 01:39:10 AM »
Retelling the Treta announcement:

Now Giovane_CWB (treta organizer) confirmed Treta Armageddon (with KOF XIII) date:
September, 1st and 2nd @ Curitiba, PR, Brazil (venue still TBA)

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: February 10, 2012, 01:54:56 AM »
Someone could check if the DM scaling damage freeze bug/glitch still working with Chin (he is able to connect the NM before the last hit of DM avoiding scaling). There are a vids somewhere.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: February 10, 2012, 05:02:39 AM »
I hope these changes come to the console soon enough. Most intrigued by the input changes because I miss Clark's Neomax more often than I should.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: February 10, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »

Then they go into buffering techniques and I've never seen any game company go over buffering before. They didn't go over the basics of buffering but went into the more advance stuff like Ryo doing c.B, s.A xx Neomax. The later half of the video shows how to buffer a command grab from a run, and then examples of oki games/mind games that come about from this using Raiden as the example.

but in snkp there is not a clown with a blanka toy and a chun li cosplay !!( free trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrolling against crapcom)

by the way is great how they r focusing on this stuffs, honestly im impressed and think months ago we werent even sure the game would have come out.

little ot ( or maybe related case there ll be a streaming for sure ) : anyone of this site is going to WGC 2012 next week ?

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: February 10, 2012, 05:53:54 PM »
Kumatei is today at Next Level. Heading there soon. It's a 2 and a half hour ride but I went further for a local. To those in the area you should go and enjoy some KoF 13  :).
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: February 10, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »
if they plan to make character update like capcom I see mary,rock or yamazaki to complete a team with billy and botan, shroom or adel to complete a boss team with normal saiki. It is just 4 characters and they can also add a second neomax to each character (which is just effects no need of new frames) and voila, 40 bucks new copy or 10-15 bucks dlc update.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: February 10, 2012, 11:02:50 PM »
You're dreaming, new char will be far more too expensive, if they had some it will be new ex, like robert or yuri i guess.

And snkp didn't show any willingness to add some for now, considering the fact making a new character took them one year from scratch for arcade version, i believe we won't see any for a while.

SNK is one hundred times smaller than Capcom, and 2d games aren't 3d, it's far cheaper and faster to do char on 3d than in 2d.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:07:46 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

kofoguz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: February 11, 2012, 12:46:05 AM »
You're dreaming, new char will be far more too expensive, if they had some it will be new ex, like robert or yuri i guess.

And snkp didn't show any willingness to add some for now, considering the fact making a new character took them one year from scratch for arcade version, i believe we won't see any for a while.

SNK is one hundred times smaller than Capcom, and 2d games aren't 3d, it's far cheaper and faster to do char on 3d than in 2d.
I dont get this logic. We know that they were working on this game for years. And they had problem with deadlines. So maybe some characters, like maybe agents team or Adel were already had been worked (lets say %70 were done by the time they released the console games) and they might finish the rest during the time. There was even unfinished Winquote art for Adel. This IMHO is the solid proof of there is at least one character meant to be added but not finished apparently.

Well I can say that people who are expecting (more like hoping) for more characters, are not thinking "Great, they announced Climax, so if they start to work on new characters today, there might be three more teams done in two weeks!"

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: February 11, 2012, 01:19:23 AM »
I definitely think they'll have new chars roll out. It might not be this minute, but this is a good thought that they'll keep updating with more content as time wears on.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: February 11, 2012, 01:43:37 AM »
Just noticed did the patch remove the Dark Ash stage from online or was this never available to play online pre patch?