Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 322131 times)

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1365 on: February 14, 2012, 02:37:21 PM »
if climax means new chaaracters please anyone but no hokutomaru

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: February 14, 2012, 06:40:21 PM »
Now that I think about it, Mai is the only one of the Fatal Fury five (the FF characters that were in the very first KOF and have been in all of them for the most part) that doesn't have a disciple. (Or does she?)

I've always imagined her disciple to be a blond, white American girl so that she would be the opposite of Andy (blond, white American man discipling a Japanese boy - Japanese woman discipling a blond, white American girl).

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 14, 2012, 07:19:15 PM »
Now that I think about it, Mai is the only one of the Fatal Fury five (the FF characters that were in the very first KOF and have been in all of them for the most part) that doesn't have a disciple. (Or does she?)

I've always imagined her disciple to be a blond, white American girl so that she would be the opposite of Andy (blond, white American man discipling a Japanese boy - Japanese woman discipling a blond, white American girl).

Hokutomaru?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 14, 2012, 07:37:30 PM »

KoF needs a sassy black chick who dont need no man

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 14, 2012, 07:45:42 PM »

Hokutomaru?

Yeah, judging mai pic from KOF XI ending, is seems that hokotomaru is the disciple of both, even some of his moves resemble more mai fighting style than andy

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 14, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »

So...Miki from KS?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 14, 2012, 07:56:29 PM »

So...Miki from KS?
could possibly work

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 15, 2012, 04:55:49 AM »
I just got beat down by MastaCJ 5-0, some replays coming later tonight or tomorrow.  I would've replayed them all..but I'm still too habitual in going past the replay screen.

Isn't that the UMvC3 player who plays on a 360 pad or something?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: February 15, 2012, 05:12:18 AM »
That would be him.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 15, 2012, 06:40:12 AM »
Yeah, I got bodied by MastaCJ at Kumate on stream as well.  He has a sick chin and very annoying athena.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: February 15, 2012, 07:08:35 AM »
Yeah, but how I ended up taking him on was completely random and surprising.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: February 15, 2012, 07:16:52 AM »
Online is dead on PS3. Played one guy and one guy only and he basically just used gimmicks, every time he rolled I could not punish it for some reason. I beat him 3 times but I didn't feel like I got anything out of it other than figuring out that Billy's cr.C easily beats all of Raiden's Shoulders aside from EX.

I gotta' play you guys offline but I swear to fuck every time a weekend comes up horrible snowy weather appears and there's road warnings.

Possible scrub KOF question: What purpose do CD's have? Because it seems like they benefit only certain members of the cast by giving them an amazing Air to Air or a really good standing Meatie for pressure. But some characters have CD's that do neither of these. So is the purpose of a CD just to be a pressure move on the ground or is it supposed to be this amazing jump in that beats a variety of AA's even though in this game certain AA's and EX beat it clean? I just don't get their purpose.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: February 15, 2012, 08:31:01 AM »
Where you play at? I still get some folks to play with on PSN, but it happens MUCH less often now than it did before the patch.

I must only be pitting me against people in my area. I even ran into one guy I recently saw at a tourney. While that was a fun coincidence, it made me wonder if people outside of a certain radius aren't even visible to me.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 15, 2012, 09:08:08 AM »
Online is dead on PS3. Played one guy and one guy only and he basically just used gimmicks, every time he rolled I could not punish it for some reason. I beat him 3 times but I didn't feel like I got anything out of it other than figuring out that Billy's cr.C easily beats all of Raiden's Shoulders aside from EX.

I gotta' play you guys offline but I swear to fuck every time a weekend comes up horrible snowy weather appears and there's road warnings.

Possible scrub KOF question: What purpose do CD's have? Because it seems like they benefit only certain members of the cast by giving them an amazing Air to Air or a really good standing Meatie for pressure. But some characters have CD's that do neither of these. So is the purpose of a CD just to be a pressure move on the ground or is it supposed to be this amazing jump in that beats a variety of AA's even though in this game certain AA's and EX beat it clean? I just don't get their purpose.

Summore merits:
CDs can do good guard damage.
Many have good priority once into the attack frames.
More blockstun (some chrs get frame adv).
They leave the opponent juggleable after counter-hits. You see a lot of seasoned players quickly doing another jump attack if not more on reaction after hitting with a CD counter in the air.
They can be empty-cancelled into specials, etc. to keep the opponent guessing or mess up their timing - some chrs can get a little extra range on moves like EX kyo doing qcf+P on empty cancel of CD that moves him fwd a bit.
Lastly, soft knock-downs can always be good for gaining position or changing the tide.

Hope that helps round out the picture :)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 15, 2012, 10:49:34 AM »

Namco beat SNKP to that probably.

But yeah, Hokutomaru is under both Andy and Mai in a sense, so maybe give him a few more recognizable moves that originally belong to Mai, and there's her half-stand in.

Of course, Jenet was always supposed to be a younger, different iteration of Mai, with moves too similar to Mai's now that I think about it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:36:50 PM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995