Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 321732 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1380 on: February 15, 2012, 10:51:21 AM »
Where you play at? I still get some folks to play with on PSN, but it happens MUCH less often now than it did before the patch.

I can't seem to find anyone to play with on PSN myself anymore. Today in the morning, afternoon and late at night, the rooms were damn near barren. I did play on blue bar match but the guy left after we played. Yeah, the online isn't perfect by any means at all, but it is still really playable to a fair degree if you have 3 or 4 bar delay connection if both of the players feel the connection is smooth.

So, yeah I think more people have to play more, that's really it.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 15, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »
Where you play at? I still get some folks to play with on PSN, but it happens MUCH less often now than it did before the patch.

I can't seem to find anyone to play with on PSN myself anymore. Today in the morning, afternoon and late at night, the rooms were damn near barren. I did play on blue bar match but the guy left after we played. Yeah, the online isn't perfect by any means at all, but it is still really playable to a fair degree if you have 3 or 4 bar delay connection if both of the players feel the connection is smooth.

So, yeah I think more people have to play more, that's really it.
tbh i really dont think anyone wants to play this game online any more most games of any genre that release in this state usually have their online communities die off with in a month or two maybe im just regurgitating the same shit ive been saying for the last few weeks but ive had to deal with this stuff on 5 different accounts and im not going to keep throwing my money at them just to be disappointed   i love this community to death but the devs need to straighten the fuck up 

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 15, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »
But yeah, Hokutomaru is under both Andy and Mai in a sense, so maybe give him a few more recognizable moves that originally belong to Mai, and there's her half-stand in.

Boo

She needs her own disciple. She can't possibly be so lazy as to conform to being Andy's disciple's other master.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 15, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »
I don't know if this is at all common or not, but it happens to me pretty often...When I play in 3 bar matches (and good 2 bar matches), generally things are totally fine, but when I play 4 bar matches, they seem to alternate between normal and basically playing like a 1 bar match.  In fact, I've played 1 bar matches that are better than a lot of the 4 bar matches I've played in, just because they were consistently slow, rather than randomly picking up gigantic input delays.

In any case, it seems to me that a lot of the 4 bar connections I've played are very unstable, and the actual connection quality fluctuates during the match, unlike in 1, 2 and 3 bar matches.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 16, 2012, 05:00:43 AM »

Summore merits:
CDs can do good guard damage.
Many have good priority once into the attack frames.
More blockstun (some chrs get frame adv).
They leave the opponent juggleable after counter-hits. You see a lot of seasoned players quickly doing another jump attack if not more on reaction after hitting with a CD counter in the air.
They can be empty-cancelled into specials, etc. to keep the opponent guessing or mess up their timing - some chrs can get a little extra range on moves like EX kyo doing qcf+P on empty cancel of CD that moves him fwd a bit.
Lastly, soft knock-downs can always be good for gaining position or changing the tide.

Hope that helps round out the picture :)

Good reasons but for me it just seems like CD's favor certain characters far more than others but I can understand the reasoning a little better now.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 16, 2012, 06:22:50 AM »
Well yeah, but you could say that about any normal really.  Think of CD's less like a mechanic and more like just another normal for a character, and not every character have the same good normals.  Compare like...Iori's sweep to Kensou's.  Obviously Kensou makes more of a use out of his sweep over Iori's...horribad one.  Same deal with CD's.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 16, 2012, 07:07:07 AM »
Yeah, but how I ended up taking him on was completely random and surprising.

Did you play him online?  xbox or ps3?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 16, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »
XBL but I wouldn't expect to find him the way I did.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 16, 2012, 04:28:39 PM »
I don't know if this is at all common or not, but it happens to me pretty often...When I play in 3 bar matches (and good 2 bar matches), generally things are totally fine, but when I play 4 bar matches, they seem to alternate between normal and basically playing like a 1 bar match.  In fact, I've played 1 bar matches that are better than a lot of the 4 bar matches I've played in, just because they were consistently slow, rather than randomly picking up gigantic input delays.

In any case, it seems to me that a lot of the 4 bar connections I've played are very unstable, and the actual connection quality fluctuates during the match, unlike in 1, 2 and 3 bar matches.

What I have seen (and I have seen it a lot) is the movement between the different bars in the match causes a lot of crap to happen. The game constantly changes the speed, frames, and input throughout the match. It messes with frames 1st then speed when you get to 3 bar and then input when you go further down 3 and into 2 bar. What you experience is your connection deciding whether to be a 4 bar or a 3 bar match. It gets really crappy when it can't decide.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 16, 2012, 10:48:34 PM »
The online is really worse after patch for me.. I gave up:(

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 17, 2012, 09:25:57 PM »
What I have seen (and I have seen it a lot) is the movement between the different bars in the match causes a lot of crap to happen. The game constantly changes the speed, frames, and input throughout the match. It messes with frames 1st then speed when you get to 3 bar and then input when you go further down 3 and into 2 bar. What you experience is your connection deciding whether to be a 4 bar or a 3 bar match. It gets really crappy when it can't decide.

This sounds pretty reasonable to me.  It seems that quite often, when I get back to the lobby after a weird 4-bar match, it often shows the connection as 2 or 3 bars, and then arbitrarily returns to 4 bars sometime before starting another match.  Conversely, when I join the room, it'll show 4 bars, and then after the match, I'll get booted from the room because the connection has dropped to 1 or 2 bars, and the room was >3-bar only.  It's a bit annoying, really
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 19, 2012, 01:53:57 AM »
WTF DID I JUST HEAR ON THE STREAM??!  THE BEST SOCAL KOF PLAYERS INVOLVED IN A LETHAL CAR ACCIDENT??

IS THIS TRUE????

IF SO MY HEART GOES OUT THEM

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 19, 2012, 01:56:42 AM »
Giby, Reynald, Romance, Kane 317, metaphysics were mentioned iirc, and more I think.

Really hope this is a fucking joke.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 19, 2012, 02:00:05 AM »
Someone on Neogaf posted that Bala just got a text from Romance so all is good.

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 19, 2012, 02:07:28 AM »
yeah i heard that but it's still a fucking shit joke. Not funny at all.

i just came in the room while i had the stream on speaker, and my heart literally stopped for a second