Author Topic: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports  (Read 87161 times)

TrulyAmiracle

• New Challenger
  • The Eternal Blaze~
    • View Profile
Re: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2011, 01:04:45 AM »
4 bars is pretty fun, barely any delay from my experience so far.

3 bars is playable but the delays are annoying against some characters coz u cant punish properly.

2 bars and lower is plain crap.

Seeing as this is the online thread i wanted to ask and maybe someone can give me an answer here, if you go to ranked>quick match and get paired with a 1 bar or someone you dont want to play is there no way to back out? it shows your profiles for a few seconds but it seems you cant do shit but accept no matter what.
Winning is Everything. How you do it doesn't matter...

PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle

Angel|Mian|Meitenkun|Ralf|Geese|Ramon|Vice

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2011, 01:36:40 AM »
i m in china and i tried online.
first, a patch already came out (6mb) xD
i played 2 matches with 2 ppl i dont know.. 1 line.. awful
i èlayed 10 matches with my bro (he is in china too), 2 line , the game was playable (at least the combos worked for the most time) but nothing to really scream about.. i still have to find a 3 lines connection lol

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2011, 02:20:23 AM »
I wonder what the little patch is for.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it might be to fix the usb adapters error.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 02:43:53 AM by pablofsi »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2011, 02:50:08 AM »
dunno, i dont need an adapter for my stick xD

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2011, 03:38:40 AM »
Got almost nothing but desyncs tonight. Played one guy, good connection, his name was I believe KimKPhwan, a Mexican dude judging by the flag in his avatar. It was actually pretty good. Got 2 sets in with him, then it desynced. And every person afterwards desynced. We'd get to the character select screen, synchronising message would pop up, 15-20 seconds later an opponent has left the match message would come up. Every time.

Hope this is patched
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2011, 03:40:28 AM »
I'll have to keep this in mind. Haven't tried online yet. Btw, you are Eternal Blaze from SRK right? Welcome to DC! I played in one of your SSFIV tournaments I wanna say last year.

4 bars is pretty fun, barely any delay from my experience so far.

3 bars is playable but the delays are annoying against some characters coz u cant punish properly.

2 bars and lower is plain crap.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2011, 03:47:23 AM »
Just played my first 4 bar match, got two matches in before the guy left. I felt in total control with miminal lag. Me and the pad clicked at about this time as well and I was able to pull of tons of combos too (unfortunately, I guess, he probably would have stayed if he won).

So yeah, 4 bars was really good.

Having played on all 4 types I would say the netcode overall is a pretty good starting point, with some additional polishing I definitely think it can shine nicely.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2011, 03:50:22 AM »
Got almost nothing but desyncs tonight. Played one guy, good connection, his name was I believe KimKPhwan, a Mexican dude judging by the flag in his avatar. It was actually pretty good. Got 2 sets in with him, then it desynced. And every person afterwards desynced. We'd get to the character select screen, synchronising message would pop up, 15-20 seconds later an opponent has left the match message would come up. Every time.

Hope this is patched

Why are you directly supposing this has to do with how the game is coded, most people play without desyncs or disconnects.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2011, 04:03:29 AM »
The fact that it happened something like 10 times in a row with multiple people say's a lot, dude.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2011, 04:17:32 AM »
The fact that it happened something like 10 times in a row with multiple people say's a lot, dude.

Yeah, about you, no offense.

As much as I dislike the netcode, desynchs haven't really happened for me at least.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2011, 04:22:55 AM »
While it's very possible, like a couple others are saying, that it's just your connection...I've played you before over GGPO, Supercade, Arclive, and PSN and we've never desynced really. And the netcode for KoF XIII is kind of meh. So...logically, I'd say it's most likely KoF XIII. Just because some people aren't desyncing doesn't mean it can't happen with the way the netcode is designed :P

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2011, 04:42:17 AM »
i m in china and i tried online.
first, a patch already came out (6mb) xD
i played 2 matches with 2 ppl i dont know.. 1 line.. awful
i èlayed 10 matches with my bro (he is in china too), 2 line , the game was playable (at least the combos worked for the most time) but nothing to really scream about.. i still have to find a 3 lines connection lol

As far as our location, we live 1200KM from each others...to me the online was good, well more than playable..unfortunately i played with that shitty PS3 controller (wasnt in the mood to plug my stick lol) and of course wasnt the same as the offline BUT i had fun...my bro did some pretty cancels combos (kyo,ralf,iori ex,takuma)...so i suppose 2 bars at least here in China is not that bad...next time bro..i ll use my stick lol

our  internet connection is a DSL (no wifi) 2MB

Before him i play a guy ..dont remember the bars or anything else so my test was just those 10matches against my bro..overall not that bad.
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2011, 05:01:01 AM »
Was wondering if dreamcancel had a twitter set up so i can link to it next time I do the stream?

@dreamcancelsnk

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2011, 05:33:16 AM »
I never desynced with anyone on GGPO/Supercade or on 3SOE. So I don't know what to tell you guys.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2011, 05:44:01 AM »
I do...weirdest isolated case ever.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.