Author Topic: Want a solution to the painfully annoying input delay?  (Read 2257 times)

Strifesterz0r

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Want a solution to the painfully annoying input delay?
« on: November 24, 2011, 11:07:18 AM »
sup guys, are you tired of the input delay that kills this game as this game is combo-dependent?
please help us to send a message to Atlus, which can in turn send it to SNKP regarding requesting a netcode patch, post in here:
http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9766

Thanks, long live KOF!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Want a solution to the painfully annoying input delay?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 07:59:23 AM »
Good idea but right now I would consider the netcode to be 'okay' not super amazingly good, but not bad by a long shot, and the few bad things could easily be fixed with a simple patch.

If you play Green connections it's quite good, good enough to learn how to play and get better at least. Never experienced a 'hey I teched that grab!' or 'Oh fuck, my move didn't come out' while playing guys with Green bars or really good Yellow connections and unbelievably I've been able to find quite a few Green on PS3. Compare this to my experience with 3SOE also on PS3 and I shit you not when I say that I found a grand total of 3 Green connections in that game in the span of 3 months. 2 of which were at one point Yellow and still had lag issues.

Only issues right now:

Connecting to a room. Sometimes you try to connect and it say's no rooms available, but I can create a match and boom, within 5 seconds someone joins.

Fix any desync issues.

Lower input delay (right now it feels like 5 or even 10 frames on a bad Yellow connection).

Fine tune the netcode and matchmaking. I can create a room and set the ping limit to 3 (Yellow or better) and twice did a guy with Red ping somehow get matched up with me.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

MC2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 10:57:50 AM »
I think it's too early to judge the netcode fairly.  Give the game about a month, because every fighter I have played online had really hectic online upon release and got a lot smoother over time. 

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 01:23:44 PM »
I think it's too early to judge the netcode fairly.  Give the game about a month, because every fighter I have played online had really hectic online upon release and got a lot smoother over time. 
yeah i agree with this mane

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »
Learn from http://www.atlus.com/forum/showpost.php?p=271166&postcount=45 that guy to post a correct opinion about the netcode. You are read like a kid complaining to his mother illogically. Fix your stuff first, and if you don't have everything you should have, don't complain.