Author Topic: New York / New Jersey Players! Stand Up!  (Read 32833 times)

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: New York / New Jersey Players! Stand Up!
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »
hello NJ NYC peeps, so now that KOFXIII is part of evo, local battles in fort lee jersey wants to build a scene and they are starting with this tournament,

http://orochinagi.com/2012/01/kof-xiii-local-battles-ny-nj

if you guys are interested in going, please register here

http://binarybeast.com/xKFXIII1201130

hope to see you guys there!!

EDIT: more info on the tourney here http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1935.0
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 02:08:56 PM by meanestrage »

Siren

• New Challenger
  • I'm sorry, can you make the music louder?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 01:44:37 AM »
thanks for the notice bro. I'm definitely going to try and make it to that.
Leona "That chick from high school you liked but thought she might be a lesbian,
or just a ***, she's in the army now..probably a lesbian"Heidern.

SidTheSquid

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 05:15:18 PM »
I currently live in North Jersey specifically Kearny (which is by Newark for those who don't know) and I currently am trying to get into the local scene.  I have been to a couple of break tournaments and I would like to improve by playing more offline matches.  Unfortunately, I always work Tuesday and Thursday nights so I can't participate in tournaments like The Break Weekly and Local Battles because they start when I am still at work.  Does anyone know of any tournaments that are not on those days?

BladeOfJustice

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 08:11:49 AM »
Hello everyone,
The Montreal Community Blazblue community would like to reach out to their fellow fighters in the States. We will be having people travel up to Montreal from New jersey and New York to attend our tournament on April 14th, which includes KOF13.

I posted a thread in the tournament subforum here: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2014.0

Hope to see you there :)

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 01:45:15 PM »
My fellow kof'ers local battles will feature their venue free tourney this Thursday. Let's make it out there!!

4FIVE

• New Challenger
  • it has begun
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 01:40:57 PM »
i live in north bergen and always going to fort lee, or jersey city a lot so im willing to set up sessions or go to one, but yeah local battles is the place to be, the immis run right thru it at good hours so it wont be a problem. def come or hit me up to get a session going lets get a scene up and running fellas
twitter.com/4FIVE

RIL

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 02:18:12 AM »
Well finally made an account.

Call Me: Raymond
Gamertag: Ril

hope to get into this game more often. I also play umvc3, mb, bb, gg, and arcana.

4FIVE

• New Challenger
  • it has begun
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 05:04:38 AM »
jersey yo, wtf is good sup with some ranbats at LB!!
twitter.com/4FIVE

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 07:17:40 PM »
Ok so after watching the Kumate yesterday, East Coast's skill level overall is shit & this needs to change ASAP. I'll be moving back to Queens this Wednesday, so anyone who's really trying to get better needs to post up on here & contact me because I know people, we all need some fire lit up under our asses because this play is so atrocious & some of the commentary does not help, giving misleading information to stream viewers who are interested in the game. Marco's my boy & no bad blood to him, but he should not be winning that easily when Zidane/XAQ/RyRy (Who's from VA) are not in attendance at all, so if you're mad at me, good, then step your shit up. Also that's not to say I don't appreciate what people are doing but this scene here is so stagnant about actual progress, do you guys not care about losing to the same Month 2 shit, good god, anyway, I hope this helps.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Kirah

• Rising Dragon
  • <}Suspendisse Brujo{>
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2012, 12:04:57 AM »
Hello fellow New Jersey KOFers I haven't posted in a minute, but i'm back and we definitely need to stand up and now an announcement!!

1st Kumate #6 Has been posted and it's been pushed back to Sept 7th and pertaining to that can anyone make a flyer for this event. The main problem with tournaments and this one is no exception is publicity, and a flyer would increase it's publicity and help expose it. Kuma has posted it on SRK, DC, and Orochinagi and I personally think a folder will go nicely. At the bottoms here's the link for the event so post and show your support.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-7-2012-the-kumate-6-brooklyn-ny.165742/
MBAA: Artifex Hyacinthinas
KOFXIII: Athena\ K' \ Leona or \Kyo

Kirah

• Rising Dragon
  • <}Suspendisse Brujo{>
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »
Sorry to double post, but Aug 17th - 19th "The Secret Society" aka My House is opening its doors and having a Pre-Summerjam KOF session. Currently the attendees are as follows. There are a few shops around to get food, and 3 tvs so we can have multiple setups, other setups can be brought to add to the excitement. This house is also very barebones and I do mean barebones perfect for gatherings. Max number of attendees is 12 so lets fill up those slots. If you want to come message me personally and i'll add your name to the list and give you the directions or the address.

1)Kirah
2)Yui (Saika)
3)Kain (Siren)
4)Malik
5)Dynasty
MBAA: Artifex Hyacinthinas
KOFXIII: Athena\ K' \ Leona or \Kyo

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 02:08:21 PM »
Keep up the good work Kirah!

Name: Ryudo
PSN: xXRyudo8904Xx

I'll be at next level this friday. I'm trying to make this a weekly thing for me to go every friday. If anyone is going today and wants some casuals just pm me. I should be there around 7ish.

malpicam1

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2012, 07:34:06 AM »
In regards to Malik statement,

I'm going to agree with him on this. Malik and mostly everyone knows of my play style and credibility as I place in local and majors. However that's not the case of discussion. The EC community needs to grow and commit to a community as a whole. I attempted with Drive Cancel and created a scene for the EC. However its up to the players to do their part as well. In response to the last Kumate, he does have a point. I genuinely wanted to see a new challenger that wanted to step their game up. Besides my NJ friends as I sparred with them, no one necessary step it up (even Dynicksty beat Chris Hu and hes known as a 98 god back in the good ole days). As you saw in the videos, I play 6 different teams with choosing my main in winners finals. I would have like to play my friends (Josh, XAQ), but they were at work :( But for you guys, if you want to get better, you need to commit and go out there. I want to help and do my part in helping the community, but I, Malik, Nick, nor others can't do it on their own. So here is an opportunity that is offered. Go to sessions, make friends, and make the effort.

NJMarcoPolo

P.S. I'm still free nonetheless :(

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 04:15:06 AM »
Guys Next year Jan 11-13 lets do it up!!

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2630.0