Author Topic: Ash Crimson (Console)  (Read 59962 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ash Crimson (Console)
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 05:02:16 AM »
I see, man. well, there is this problem with the distance, that way u mentioned (sb, b+B) is a good way to start the Sans Cullote, u could do a crouching+b, b+B too, i prefer cause it gives u a litlle more range to begin the combo, and also hits the first hit low like the stand version.  But, if u want to carry the oponent without changing sides, try to incorporate the b+C or b+D after the Germinal Capr. u will recovery fast and the oponnet will fall in front of you, like the corner loop. If u anti-air someone with SC, try to to the combo loop finshing with b+D. This way u will maintain the oponent always in front of you, it works well with b+B, but the timing is more restrict cause your recovery is slower. I can't tell what version is better for the loop, u need to calculate the space, and get used to it. This way u will be capable off carry the oponent to the corner and go for the HD mode combos to get some really HIGH damage. I prefer to SC the oponent near corner, cause u can get 5 repetitions of the loop and finsh with an C Ventose, 2 back+D and finishing with a D nivose or CD. if you got HD meter do the C ventose back+D and HD mode. With this u can use the best Ash HD corner combo (the one with A Ventose, C Ventose, b+D and so on...) and, if u got bar, finish with the Pluivose, or even with the Fructidor (cancel the D Nivose into the Neomax) The problem is, u need 4 bars, so i only do this when messing around, in offline play to joke =)...

As u asked about the damage, 403 is an good amount of damage for the super, but in corner, u can go for almost 500 of damage. Try the loop, always canceling the last Nivose with back+D, and after the last repetitions go for C Ventose, b+D, dash a little, b+D and D Nivose. Take an look at this video: KOF13 Combo video - Ash/Elizabeth/Duo Lon/Shen Woo
Its the outdated arcade version, but u still can pull these ash combos. With will help u seing the time of the b+C or D cancels on the SC loop.

imo, Sans cullotte combos are about get used to the inputs and pay atention on the distances that u take your oponent. If u get used to this, in no time u be able to take your oponnet to the corner very easily without droping problems, or just messing with him changing sides. Hope that i helped u a litlle =)

Not a little, you pretty much told me all I needed to know. Thanks so much.

I've got the loop kind of consistent now, in practice mode lol. Incorporating this into real matches will be the real challenge. I'll try to learn that HD combo you posted but it doesn't look like something I'll be able to do easily.

Doing this stuff has definitely brought a new level of fun to the character, like Milln I was an effective troll with him but didn't feel like I was playing him right.

Now that I can do the SC loop though, I dunno, is it really worth it? All that effort and timing and the overall damage isn't that special, dunno if its worth it unless you do double SC or go into HD for a really long combo. The probability of dropping is pretty high, even someone of Mr.Kof's calibur often drops them.

Keep in mind though that Sans-Culotte scaling is now 50% versus 60%, so 400 is actually pretty high for that loop. I did a calculation on that video loop and if I did the math right that same loop now does 436 damage. Still really solid damage for 2 meters and starting from a cr.B, b+B.

It's hard to keep track of all the options available, so I've actually had a little spreadsheet to help figure out damage you can get in Sans-Culotte. Might be a bit picky, but we oughta grind as much damage out as possible, right?  :)

Thanks for those stats man, I think I'll be sticking to my two loops then. They cover the whole screen and aren't too difficult (which I can't say with a straight face considering how much I mess up).

Hayabusa

• New Challenger
  • "Engrish" speaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 04:34:55 AM »
I see, man. well, there is this problem with the distance, that way u mentioned (sb, b+B) is a good way to start the Sans Cullote, u could do a crouching+b, b+B too, i prefer cause it gives u a litlle more range to begin the combo, and also hits the first hit low like the stand version.  But, if u want to carry the oponent without changing sides, try to incorporate the b+C or b+D after the Germinal Capr. u will recovery fast and the oponnet will fall in front of you, like the corner loop. If u anti-air someone with SC, try to to the combo loop finshing with b+D. This way u will maintain the oponent always in front of you, it works well with b+B, but the timing is more restrict cause your recovery is slower. I can't tell what version is better for the loop, u need to calculate the space, and get used to it. This way u will be capable off carry the oponent to the corner and go for the HD mode combos to get some really HIGH damage. I prefer to SC the oponent near corner, cause u can get 5 repetitions of the loop and finsh with an C Ventose, 2 back+D and finishing with a D nivose or CD. if you got HD meter do the C ventose back+D and HD mode. With this u can use the best Ash HD corner combo (the one with A Ventose, C Ventose, b+D and so on...) and, if u got bar, finish with the Pluivose, or even with the Fructidor (cancel the D Nivose into the Neomax) The problem is, u need 4 bars, so i only do this when messing around, in offline play to joke =)...

As u asked about the damage, 403 is an good amount of damage for the super, but in corner, u can go for almost 500 of damage. Try the loop, always canceling the last Nivose with back+D, and after the last repetitions go for C Ventose, b+D, dash a little, b+D and D Nivose. Take an look at this video: KOF13 Combo video - Ash/Elizabeth/Duo Lon/Shen Woo
Its the outdated arcade version, but u still can pull these ash combos. With will help u seing the time of the b+C or D cancels on the SC loop.

imo, Sans cullotte combos are about get used to the inputs and pay atention on the distances that u take your oponent. If u get used to this, in no time u be able to take your oponnet to the corner very easily without droping problems, or just messing with him changing sides. Hope that i helped u a litlle =)

Not a little, you pretty much told me all I needed to know. Thanks so much.

I've got the loop kind of consistent now, in practice mode lol. Incorporating this into real matches will be the real challenge. I'll try to learn that HD combo you posted but it doesn't look like something I'll be able to do easily.

Doing this stuff has definitely brought a new level of fun to the character, like Milln I was an effective troll with him but didn't feel like I was playing him right.

Now that I can do the SC loop though, I dunno, is it really worth it? All that effort and timing and the overall damage isn't that special, dunno if its worth it unless you do double SC or go into HD for a really long combo. The probability of dropping is pretty high, even someone of Mr.Kof's calibur often drops them.

Hey man, im glad i helped u =)... just some extra info... i was testing ash´s SC combos in midscreen , and got some points. If u do the loop, try to use the b+C Version after the Germinal C. cause the  D Version travel a litlle and cause u to drop. Sorry for that, im was messing that info with the corner options, my bad... but, in the loop, u dont need to use the b+C in the end. After the: d,u+D - b+D - b,f+D, Try the nest loop starting with d, u+B, instead the D version, until u got the corner. U have to wait the oponent to get close to the flor. The C Nivose juggles easily tha the D version, cause ists faster. This way, u dont nedd to use de b+C in the end. And its work enven on point blank, anti Air or comboed Sans Cullote. Another way to carry to the corner is with this loop: (Sans Cullote, b+D, D Germinal, b+D Whiff, repeat again...) If u got the Sans Cullote  a litlle far, just run a litlle before de b+D ... im not pretty sure if the whiff could be done with b+C... need to test again ... but u can mess up a litlle around with ash do see =)...

On the HD combo, yeah, its really, really hard to pull it consistentely, without droping... online ive done that 2 times... in countless fights... offline i can do it much better, but its impossible to get the full combo always. IMO, that HD ash combo (the one with A Ventose, C Ventose, b+D and so on...) its one of the hardest in the game, cause the charges must be done in a very, very strict time, if not, u drop =(...  in other way,, u almost didn use the HD cancels, so u can do lots of repetitions ultil the bars runs out... the easy version of hd combo its the one that u cancel Nivose, into C ventose,  do a A ventose, and repeat... the mission mode shows u how to done... its much more easy, but gives u less damage. Ash is a char that demands a f#cking riddiculos hard excecution, but is fun as hell to play ... if u need more help, or a better explanation cause my f#cking Brazilian Engrish, just PM me man =)
Duo Lon, Benimaru, Ash - For the win!
K', Kim, Shen -  For the Fun!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 09:01:52 PM »
Hey man, im glad i helped u =)... just some extra info... i was testing ash´s SC combos in midscreen , and got some points. If u do the loop, try to use the b+C Version after the Germinal C. cause the  D Version travel a litlle and cause u to drop. Sorry for that, im was messing that info with the corner options, my bad... but, in the loop, u dont need to use the b+C in the end. After the: d,u+D - b+D - b,f+D, Try the nest loop starting with d, u+B, instead the D version, until u got the corner. U have to wait the oponent to get close to the flor. The C Nivose juggles easily tha the D version, cause ists faster. This way, u dont nedd to use de b+C in the end. And its work enven on point blank, anti Air or comboed Sans Cullote. Another way to carry to the corner is with this loop: (Sans Cullote, b+D, D Germinal, b+D Whiff, repeat again...) If u got the Sans Cullote  a litlle far, just run a litlle before de b+D ... im not pretty sure if the whiff could be done with b+C... need to test again ... but u can mess up a litlle around with ash do see =)...

On the HD combo, yeah, its really, really hard to pull it consistentely, without droping... online ive done that 2 times... in countless fights... offline i can do it much better, but its impossible to get the full combo always. IMO, that HD ash combo (the one with A Ventose, C Ventose, b+D and so on...) its one of the hardest in the game, cause the charges must be done in a very, very strict time, if not, u drop =(...  in other way,, u almost didn use the HD cancels, so u can do lots of repetitions ultil the bars runs out... the easy version of hd combo its the one that u cancel Nivose, into C ventose,  do a A ventose, and repeat... the mission mode shows u how to done... its much more easy, but gives u less damage. Ash is a char that demands a f#cking riddiculos hard excecution, but is fun as hell to play ... if u need more help, or a better explanation cause my f#cking Brazilian Engrish, just PM me man =)

Thanks man, I'll keep practicing and let you know If I have any more questions for sure.

Fought an Ash online yesterday and he anti-aired me with SC, the moment he did the first loop a big smile popped on my face, knew he was going to drop it and he did on the second rep lol.

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 07:23:58 PM »
Not sure if it's the right place to post this.

I have a really hard time getting in on Ash. Fireballs keep me away and his flash kicks completely shutdown my offense.

Any specific setups or tips i could get?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 12:52:12 AM »
What characters are you using?

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 12:37:33 PM »
So messing around in training mode the other day, I found out a funny way to be able to fully combo after Germinal. It's very impractical and prorates immensely, but it does work.

OK back to practicing corner BnBs with Ash.

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 08:45:38 PM »
What characters are you using?

K', Kula, Kyo

p___a__i__n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 01:13:26 AM »
I planned on making this 2 weeks ago but got caught up on my SC5 hype haha.
anyways here's a combo video I made for Ash Crimson has every combo u'll need
from San Culotte to HD Bypass.
enjoy peeps!

KOF XIII Ash Crimson Combo Video

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 11:00:07 AM »
Amazing video ! thanks for sharing !!!
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 05:01:44 PM »
enjoy peeps!

one of the best ash videos i have seen lately
any tips about the timing of   ;dn ;up ;d, ;bk ;d, ;dn ;up ;b, ;bk ;d ? i ask cause frequently the last b D moves too far and whiff sometimes i can do it correctly but i dont understand why ?
something is wrong in the timing of cancel moves or maybe the weight ? i dont know

p___a__i__n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »
Amazing video ! thanks for sharing !!!
Your welcome glad I could help

p___a__i__n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 05:46:21 PM »
enjoy peeps!

one of the best ash videos i have seen lately
any tips about the timing of   ;dn ;up ;d, ;bk ;d, ;dn ;up ;b, ;bk ;d ? i ask cause frequently the last b D moves too far and whiff sometimes i can do it correctly but i dont understand why ?
something is wrong in the timing of cancel moves or maybe the weight ? i dont know

What I do is let them drop very low to the ground b4 I do ;dn ;up ;d, ;bk ;d, ;dn ;up ;b, ;bk ;d
cause if u do it too soon the combo will put them too high in the air to continue comboing

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 07:19:34 PM »
Great vid, won't ever be able to do any of that stuff but great vid.

K', Kula, Kyo

Here are some general tips:

- You will see them mash cr.B a lot with Ash, get used to this. Find moves in your characters' arsenals that beat these (like Kyo's sD etc).

- He can't do much damage without meter. So most of the time they will be damaging you in small chunks.

- Kula is a great counter against him because of her reflector and her df+B slide. Her slide goes right under his fireballs and hits him clean. So she nullifies his fireball game, what he's all about, to a big extent.

- If they are just sitting there and mashing lows they are just waiting for you to jump so they can flash kick you. Watch if they stand up at any point to walk or whatever, because if they do they have lost their charge and you have a chance to get some pressure in.

- Be patient don't rush in unnecessarily, you'll often just run into a lot of fireballs if you try to get in too hard. Block.

- His stationary flame move does not hit instantly, there is an activation time, so fast moves can pass through it without getting hit.

Don't know if these are of any use but they help me get by. I think Ash is a character that requires strong fundamentals to be very effective, basic annoying tactics will only take you so far. This is why I think there are so few Ash players online now compared to when the game was first released.

Check out some of the latest Mad Kof match vids in the general section, he plays a long session against a very solid Ash player.

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 09:29:31 PM »
Great vid, won't ever be able to do any of that stuff but great vid.

K', Kula, Kyo

Here are some general tips:

- You will see them mash cr.B a lot with Ash, get used to this. Find moves in your characters' arsenals that beat these (like Kyo's sD etc).

- He can't do much damage without meter. So most of the time they will be damaging you in small chunks.

- Kula is a great counter against him because of her reflector and her df+B slide. Her slide goes right under his fireballs and hits him clean. So she nullifies his fireball game, what he's all about, to a big extent.

- If they are just sitting there and mashing lows they are just waiting for you to jump so they can flash kick you. Watch if they stand up at any point to walk or whatever, because if they do they have lost their charge and you have a chance to get some pressure in.

- Be patient don't rush in unnecessarily, you'll often just run into a lot of fireballs if you try to get in too hard. Block.

- His stationary flame move does not hit instantly, there is an activation time, so fast moves can pass through it without getting hit.

Don't know if these are of any use but they help me get by. I think Ash is a character that requires strong fundamentals to be very effective, basic annoying tactics will only take you so far. This is why I think there are so few Ash players online now compared to when the game was first released.

Check out some of the latest Mad Kof match vids in the general section, he plays a long session against a very solid Ash player.

thank you!, i'll keep that in mind

I've noticed that against really defensive characters like Ash sometimes i am forced to play lame.

Vitrolic Edge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 03:10:15 PM »
Hey, I would like some advice on my order that includes Ash.

My current team is Ash, Kula and Benimaru (I recently just dropped Vice). Quite the odd team, it was mostly from picking Kula first as I learnt her whilst playing the Demo then I got the game then used K' Team for the story and was just my initial team. Whilst just playing I unlocked Ash and Saiki and I really liked Ash so I started playing him. Even though later I learnt Saiki is fairly top tier and a character used by some top players, doesn't Romance play him? Nevertheless he's definitely a character that can play defensive because of his charge moves and zoning abilities, which is kinda my style and is can still play a decent rushdown. Vice came from me wanting to experiment with a grappler character, I got okay with her. Benimaru was also on my 'learn' list and I just started using him.

But currently my order goes like this: Kula, Ash, Benimaru. I'm not so good with San-Culotte yet, so keep that in mind.