Author Topic: Billy Kane  (Read 55002 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Billy Kane
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2012, 12:37:46 PM »
I just do qcb A, C, C, C, qcb C.

I first practiced it with s.C [1hit], b.A, C x3, qcb C, qcb A first.

Once I got the timing I moved onto his other ones.  Especially since I practiced it from Clark it wasn't too hard to master.

Thanks alot, I'm sure this'll help me a ton.

I found a better shortcut for that same link:

For some unbeknownst reason if you just do qcb A --> C x4 it will do qcb A, [DC] qcb C.  Don't ask but it sure is useful.  I tried the same concept for hcf A, C x4 and I couldn't get it to work.  I think SNKP put that shortcut in there on purpose.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »
We should make a list for which DPs Billy's EX DP can beat/trade/loose to...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2012, 04:41:31 PM »
I don't get the point, what do you want to do with this?
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2012, 12:08:28 AM »
because at times i do offensive DPs with him... If i read the player is gonna do pretty much anything and i'm in range then i'll do it... Works against anyone if you know how to read...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2012, 04:42:01 AM »
because at times i do offensive DPs with him... If i read the player is gonna do pretty much anything and i'm in range then i'll do it... Works against anyone if you know how to read...

Yeah that would come in handy, especially if your opponent knows you have the potential to do it, and they try to bait it out, or in some cases beat it out...

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
I'll just relentlessly attack them even on negative frames... So they'll want to attack back... f+A is -2 on block... So say against Hwa he can s.D after blocking it and there isn't anything really that Billy can do... So against him i'll even intentionally eat a s.D to make him want to do it again... Then EX DP... It also hits behind him... So works against opponents who want to jump out of the corner...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
Yeah, Billy is so good at putting you in the corner and I think the best thing to do is try to force them to jump or AB roll or do something unsafe to punish or EX Upkicks. You need good reaction to nail them with EX Upkicks though.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2012, 01:37:59 AM »
I do it on a read... If i get them to try to press a button then i'll do it... It'll beat almost anything they do... Also against Billy people like to roll a lot...

On a read, i'll just see the roll then cr.B, cr.B, dp+B punish... If i read a hop/jump then i'll d.C, qcb+A... You can even optionselect and input dp+BD... If you anti-air on a counter hit then it'll combo and you can land pretty good damage...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2012, 04:00:52 AM »
I'll just relentlessly attack them even on negative frames... So they'll want to attack back... f+A is -2 on block... So say against Hwa he can s.D after blocking it and there isn't anything really that Billy can do...

I'm not really following you...you're saying since Billy's f A is -2F, Hwa can far D him and Billy can't do anything about it.  Hwa's far D is 7F.  Are you saying that Billy can't block in time because clearly that's not the case.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2012, 04:45:47 PM »
I'll just relentlessly attack them even on negative frames... So they'll want to attack back... f+A is -2 on block... So say against Hwa he can s.D after blocking it and there isn't anything really that Billy can do...

I'm not really following you...you're saying since Billy's f A is -2F, Hwa can far D him and Billy can't do anything about it.  Hwa's far D is 7F.  Are you saying that Billy can't block in time because clearly that's not the case.
No no... If Hwa does s.D after blocking Billy's f+A then Billy can't beat by doing any normals... Every one of his normals will loose... Even if he does hopping normals... That's what i meant...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2012, 08:08:40 PM »

No no... If Hwa does s.D after blocking Billy's f+A then Billy can't beat by doing any normals... Every one of his normals will loose... Even if he does hopping normals... That's what i meant...

Got it.  So it's kinda of stalemate.  Well to be fair, a lot of people have safe normals they can poke with.   Overall, your strategy is extremely risky and might be ill advised if they have a lot of meter to punish with.  The risk/reward factor is too high IMO.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2012, 09:55:10 PM »
Oh i know it's risky... I barely ever do it... Only when i'm 100% sure and it'll most likely kill them, then i'll do it... Against patient players it's a bad idea... Works only against players whose patterns you can read clearly...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »
Not a lot of Billy activity. Sad times. I have however finally started using his Hyperdrive combos, settling with the easiest possible one in the corner:

Jump in C, cr.C (or cr.Bx3), Activate Hyper Drive, s.C, B SRK, HCF+C, QCB+C, HCF+A, QCB+C, HCF+A, QCB+C, and Neo max.  Does about 730-750.

Not bad. Can't seem to crack 800 damage in a way that's easy to do though. His EX Super is a pretty sweet chip kill if you have them cornered.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Josh

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2012, 12:44:03 AM »
The HD combo i do with Billy does 852 damage for 2 bars, and it's not overly difficult (I wouldn't recommend trying it online, but offline it's not too bad). It's corner only of course.

Notation is j.C, cr.C, b.A, (HD activation) st.D, b.A, hcf.C, qcf.C, (make sure to bring the stick to neutral on this part, or you'll accidentally cancel into super) qcb.C, hcf.C-qcb.C x3, Neo Max. If you get stuck on any part of the combo let me know.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:03:24 AM by Josh »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »
That's corner only... Do ...HD, s.C 1-2 hits, b+A, dp+B... (Hcf+C, qcb+C)*4, hcf+C, Neomax... Works from mid-screen...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:42:51 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth