Author Topic: Kyo Kusanagi (Console)  (Read 60133 times)

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
Re: Kyo Kusanagi (Console)
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »
I think he's just trying to explain the fact that it CAN be buffered into the motion, sort of like a shortcut.
Yes. That's basically it. The fact that Kyo is the only character that can whiff cancel his cd with one buffered motion is unique, if not anything else.
Everyone can whiff cancel a cd. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying but this sounds like you saying he is the only character you can buffer a motion with while using a cd and still have it come out.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2013, 08:33:25 PM »
236 + CD = CD whiff cancel fireball, is the gist of it.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2013, 11:44:01 PM »
236 + CD = CD whiff cancel fireball, is the gist of it.

So, you mean a kara cancel fireball?

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2013, 08:45:56 AM »
What does everyone think of the  ;b upkicks ( ;dn ;df ;fd ;b) loops after  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d ?
http://youtu.be/gfEB6uuhYS4?t=5s
Do you feel that it's inconsistent because of characters falls speeds or that everyone should be grinding it out because the payout is good, but is it worth learning it for ALL of the characters with the various fall speeds?
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2013, 12:07:20 PM »
Dunno, i don't do it by timing but by visual height.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2013, 04:33:18 PM »
What does everyone think of the  ;b upkicks ( ;dn ;df ;fd ;b) loops after  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d ?
http://youtu.be/gfEB6uuhYS4?t=5s
Do you feel that it's inconsistent because of characters falls speeds or that everyone should be grinding it out because the payout is good, but is it worth learning it for ALL of the characters with the various fall speeds?

I'm trying it out in training mode as I type this and it's harder than it looks. I can't even do another rep after the first qcf+B. I feel if it's this difficult to pop off, it's not really worth it unless you're crazy.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »
basically anyone with an air special or DM/NM can "cancel" their backdash the way it's being shown there. It's good that someone made a video about it, though. Too bad you can't air HD bypass during backdashes; that would be godlike.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2013, 11:04:18 PM »
basically anyone with an air special or DM/NM can "cancel" their backdash the way it's being shown there. It's good that someone made a video about it, though. Too bad you can't air HD bypass during backdashes; that would be godlike.

I dunno... it would seem counter-intuitive to activate HD mode during a backdash, especially since the purpose of them is to rush at your opponents (for the most part, at least). I could see that being used for defensive purposes, but the idea of using HD defensively seems radical to me.

Maybe you're seeing something I'm not =/

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2013, 11:34:55 PM »
surely you don't mean to say that you would use a backdash to get in on somebody lol. If you mean HD, well the point of them is to combo obviously. What I was getting at was, there are a few characters that would benefit from being able to HD bypass using air specials/DMs FROM a backdash. I main Robert and basically any time he can juggle with EX divekick, he can also opt to HD bypass it. Here's an example I recorded a while ago (not to get off topic):

El Gato Negro

the link isn't impossibly strict, but it's difficult getting a bypassed EX divekick right off the ground since the timing is awkward if you TK it. With Kyo, in the corner if you get D upkicks, you can air EX Orochi bypass and extend the combo in HD. Backdash bypassing would make combos like these a lot easier, in my opinion.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:15 PM »
Ah. Now I get what you're getting at. And you're right: that would make some combos easier. Robert, Kyo, and Leona, to name a few, would benefit greatly from this.

EDIT: I posted this again in the general video thread. If you wanna keep talking about this, do it in the video thread from now on, ok?  :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:50:11 PM by marchefelix »

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2013, 11:59:36 PM »
Pretty old but a practical 4 Meter 100% kill (Near Corner/Corner)
http://youtu.be/wpzovtb2LMg

And most people should have seen these by now but just in case;
GuttsCL breaking down most practical combos
http://youtu.be/ujxTX2s9Ljc

Gutts once again optimizing combos in the previous video
http://youtu.be/ZRXZKbVdWfI

Also something that I get a decent amount of mileage out of stopping hops if you can't get the optimal damaging combos is 2 ;b~2 ;b~5 ;b~63214 ;b/ ;d, or if out of that range 2 ;b~5 ;b~63214 ;b/ ;d
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:21:54 AM by Malik »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Shaman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2013, 11:35:42 PM »
Hi, what are your best HD combos against a backturned opponent near the corner ? (from practice starting position or a bit behind) ? I'm currently using my fullscreen HD since it doesn't whiff on backturned but I think more damage can be net out of the situation

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2013, 04:48:39 AM »
Hi, what are your best HD combos against a backturned opponent near the corner ? (from practice starting position or a bit behind) ?

Honestly, I'm trying to find some ways to make my opponent become backturned because I was watching ZeroBlack play, and he uses a lot of cool setups from a few combos while they are in that state. For example on a backturned opponent he will do cr.B, cr.A/st.C, df+D into qcf+D, rdp+D. That will give the opponent a hard knockdown and will make Kyo land on the other side of the opponent with enough time to cross them up. When you do that combo ending with rdp+D on a normal standing opponent, he lands in front, but backturned it's behind them.

So now I'm trying to find some certain setups and cross-up ranges that will back the opponent turn their backs. If anyone wants to explore this with me, or know of anyways to do this, share what you know.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2013, 07:23:52 PM »
Hi, what are your best HD combos against a backturned opponent near the corner ? (from practice starting position or a bit behind) ?
So now I'm trying to find some certain setups and cross-up ranges that will back the opponent turn their backs. If anyone wants to explore this with me, or know of anyways to do this, share what you know.

I'm lost at this back.
If i guess accurately you're looking for setups to make the opponent ending into the corner backturned?

From what I know the only way to hit an opponent backturned without punishing something after a roll etc, is to do a cross up jump while landing before him (You hit cross up, while landing on the starting side), and combo him from there. If there is a 1 frame gap in your hit/block string he will turn in the right direction afterwards.

For shaman :
Best 2 stock HD combo I have seen so far :
s.C,df.D(2hits),HD,s.D,dp.A,(HD)rdp.B,[dp.C,(HD)rdp.B]*2,dp.A,(HD)rdp.B,dp.C,(HD)rdp.B,dp.C,(HD)Neomax
790 dmg (819 starting with j.C)
Works from the dummy starting point (You can dp.A,(HD)rdp.B,dp.C mid screen). And on a backturned opponent.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:29:56 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo