Author Topic: Benimaru Nikaido (Console)  (Read 59541 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Benimaru Nikaido (Console)
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 10:34:44 PM »
So, apparently Duc's epic video is not private anymore and super awesome Benimaru technique is FREE!

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 10:48:03 PM »
eLive Pro Dune also said Benimaru was pretty close to being a top tier character not quite there.

Mr.KoF and Reynalds were also using Benimaru at SCR and there was some really good play from them.

I think he's a really good character with every tool necessary to do well. It seems like he has to be played in a very specific manner to make him effective.

SummyG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2012, 09:54:43 AM »
http://www.twitch.tv/cafeid/b/304688463

some very good beni play. starts @ 2:40

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 02:19:56 PM »
Thanks SummyG, rock-solid beni. Still in the middle of watching, but just saw dude BLAST other dude down with a nice beni ocv. yeeeeeaargh!!

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »
That HD combo he did at 12:51 was this:

c.b, c.b, s.b, HD, s.D, QCF+D, D, U+D, [HDC], QCB+A, QCF+D, D, U+D, [HDC], QCB+A, QCF+P, QCF+D, D, U+D, [HDC], QCB+A, QCF+P, QCF+D, D, U+D, [HDC], QCB+A, air throw.

Based on that video I think it deals about 400~ish damage since he was well below half life and it still didn't kill him.

Something interesting I noted during his match against Clark.

He does command grab, whiff s.D, step forward, jump d+D (drill). It looks like it'll cross up but can't really tell what the end result is suppose to be since the Clark player did EX clothesline to escape the setup.

SummyG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »

Something interesting I noted during his match against Clark.

He does command grab, whiff s.D, step forward, jump d+D (drill). It looks like it'll cross up but can't really tell what the end result is suppose to be since the Clark player did EX clothesline to escape the setup.

they were a lot of interesting setups during those matches. The benni during the 2nd/3rd match looked like he was doing command grabs after a blocked cl.C/D to reduce its recovery. Also seemed like it set up perfectly for tick throws. never realized how fast it was, also builds meter.

Hayabusa

• New Challenger
  • "Engrish" speaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2012, 01:18:23 PM »
What's up guys!

Im kind of new here... i enter the forum a long time, but only now i decided to register  ;)... Well, i would like to know, if someone here use benimaru's shortcuts, like tk motion + Kick, than Kick again, to do his Iaido kick, or this is crap? It helped me push some of his HD combos, but i don't know if it is a realible tool... thanks for the help!
Duo Lon, Benimaru, Ash - For the win!
K', Kim, Shen -  For the Fun!

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 01:40:50 AM »
Hey Hayabusa,

I also do his iaigeri > follow up similarly. fb+K > up+K. This has been pretty helpful to me in longer combos since that's how I've been doing it and haven't had a reason to dispense with it yet. Will let you know if I start seeing problems.

Hayabusa

• New Challenger
  • "Engrish" speaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 01:28:48 PM »
Hey Hayabusa,

I also do his iaigeri > follow up similarly. fb+K > up+K. This has been pretty helpful to me in longer combos since that's how I've been doing it and haven't had a reason to dispense with it yet. Will let you know if I start seeing problems.

Yeah man. I Only use the normal output for blockstrings, like when  ;dn ;df ;fd + K is blocked, i wait a slightly moment to  ;dn ;up + Kick, like on this video: http://www.twitch.tv/cafeid/b/304688463 at 1:27:34... Until now, i just noticed a problem with the shortcut, u have to do it fast, if u wait a just a little, the ;up + K will no be recognized by the game as the follow up, but in HD combos this is not a big problem, at least IMO. I will give a try in your way, man, thks a lot  :)!

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 03:05:47 PM »
Yeah you can do any up direction with it for ex.  ;dn ;df ;fd ;k ;uf ;k and it works bc it registers the  ;dn from  ;dn ;df ;fd and that's why you can't really delay it. I like to hold up when I hit the 2nd ;k and use this method bc of the consistency I feel I get. Makes it easy for me to DC off of the follow.

If I want to delay I still do  ;dn ;up

Hayabusa

• New Challenger
  • "Engrish" speaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »
I was trying your way right now, Bio. Its really consistent, and helps a lot in the HD combos, cause u get a very early cancel from the  ;dn ;df ;fd  ;k... But in Bnb's i will continue using the normal input, without shortcut, cause i'm still used to the motion. Thanks a lot for the Tip!

bubblanAB7

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
Just a kill combo starting from cr.A with 2 bars 60% drive ;)

KOF XIII Leona Combo Video

I've wanted to cap stuff in better quality but for now just showing this combo is ok. I think this could be an infinite if you do 7 TKs each rep but not really sure and 7 TKs is near impossible for me to do. qcf+k, d,u+k DC qcf+pp juggle is broken and should be patched out asap.

Of course the combo can go on longer I was just showing a rather basic version of the combo

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2012, 05:04:20 AM »
Just a kill combo
>Just amazing

Excellent stun-kill-fest :)

Time for me to get dirty w/ some TK raijinken...

SummyG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2012, 07:21:23 AM »
Just a kill combo starting from cr.A with 2 bars 60% drive ;)

I've wanted to cap stuff in better quality but for now just showing this combo is ok. I think this could be an infinite if you do 7 TKs each rep but not really sure and 7 TKs is near impossible for me to do. qcf+k, d,u+k DC qcf+pp juggle is broken and should be patched out asap.

Of course the combo can go on longer I was just showing a rather basic version of the combo

benni isnt the only character that can do loops using drive & ex meter. no need for a game play patch, plus im sure that is not a infinite.

ChefNeedles

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2012, 05:26:23 AM »
Hey guys, I'm new to Benimaru, and I have been having trouble with the TK Raijinken loop. I can get 2 sometimes, but not consistently. I'm having a hard time figuring out the rhythm. Any tips? Or if someone could make a how to video, that would be beyond awesome. I love this character and I love to see what we're making of him.
Benimaru/Kyo/Claw Iori