Author Topic: Benimaru Nikaido (Console)  (Read 59537 times)

SummyG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Benimaru Nikaido (Console)
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
So any general consensus on starting corner combos with Beni?
From a damage/meter perspective are you better off starting off with (not involving EX command and normal throws)?

#1. c. ;b X2/ ;d;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c

or

#2. c. ;b X2/ ;d;dn ;df ;fd ;k  ;dn ;up ;k (1hit) [DC]  ;dn ;db ;bk ;a

#1 seems like it could work better for meter management seeing that you can connect 4 tk Raijinken then add a qcf+k, du+k for close to 400 damage for 1 bar.

#2 not too sure of the possibilities you can use without using up more meter beside qcf+k, du+k. Would it be worth doing over combo starter #1?

now I'm just asking from a meter management perspective, outside of HD combos, whats the most damage you think can be done in the corner with Beni? At most using 1/2 drive and 2 levels.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 08:13:41 AM »
Anyone have any tips for going into HD mode with Beni?  I feel his hit confirms are very short and I seldom have enough time to verify I landed something for HD mode unless it's a guaranteed punish.  Does he have any good HD bypasses or do you think it's best to leave him on point or middle?
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 12:55:17 PM »
A note on the video I posted, it'll be listed as public again in a few days.

Anyone have any tips for going into HD mode with Beni?  I feel his hit confirms are very short and I seldom have enough time to verify I landed something for HD mode unless it's a guaranteed punish.  Does he have any good HD bypasses or do you think it's best to leave him on point or middle?

For Beni, it's best to learn to use d.B, d.B, s.B, BC, s.C into whatevers for his HD combo. If you want to use the bypass method you can do d.B, d.B, qcf+BC. The 2nd one is only recomended to be in the corner since most likely the qcf+C will come out and you can only juggle with dp+B into air qcf+P in the corner to start your combo.

Another bypass method is d.B, d.B, late d.BC, but I'd advise against that since most HD combos involve qcf+K, d~u+K(1hit), qcb+P and the qcb+P will miss if you do that method.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 05:02:07 PM »
agree, i feel very solid with benimaru confirm into a special activating BC it's the best solution, the HD combo of beni by the way imho isn't really reliable (mid screen, corner you have something to do ok but have to pay attention to where the falling character are for continue) but while in hyper drive beni have scary moment, everything he can do can be hit confirm in to (with meter of course) DM or NM so it's time to bait out something :D and zoning with raijiken working really good.

Guys... weeks proced, where did you play him? he is my stronger battery and on point character actually, the ground rai build really nice meter, have good shoryuken, the command grab (with fast recovery and usually guys try to punish it... and fail) who leads setup if it connect, throw into combo at the corner (and here too with meter deal easily half life gauge) and if you managed to win with good solid poke and specials... you start in the second round with enough meter to scary the opponent and manage to combo the 600 bnb with rai ex, air rai activation BC, and NM when foot touch the floor :D getting half the match in the pocket xD if thing goes wrong by the way he build good meter so the middle can manage to finish the work.

i feel very good aganist almost fighting everyone, having problem just to react to character (like eliz) who just keep me away and safe with specials where iaido fail (or him/she have advantage).

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 12:11:25 AM »
For Beni, it's best to learn to use d.B, d.B, s.B, BC, s.C into whatevers for his HD combo. If you want to use the bypass method you can do d.B, d.B, qcf+BC. The 2nd one is only recomended to be in the corner since most likely the qcf+C will come out and you can only juggle with dp+B into air qcf+P in the corner to start your combo.

Another bypass method is d.B, d.B, late d.BC, but I'd advise against that since most HD combos involve qcf+K, d~u+K(1hit), qcb+P and the qcb+P will miss if you do that method.

Thanks, I didn't know he could HD off lows.  This will be very valuable. :)
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 10:50:33 PM »
The video I posted on the front page should be available again.

Shin Oni

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 01:26:31 AM »
Beni best fitted as a battery and secondary? Kinda curious about him in placement as I want to try picking him up.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 02:14:26 AM »
ok nice vids, i like it and have random question xD seems pretty solid to the corner and the air raijeiken combo... what's input for that? TK? and is A or C version? i try a lot but always keep falling the opponent -.-,

CCVengeance

• New Challenger
  • Looking for offline play
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 04:01:21 AM »
Ash,great vid.
Do you happen to have a Beni combo list?
KOFXIII team: Team Japan as of 2013

SummyG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 06:42:18 AM »
ok nice vids, i like it and have random question xD seems pretty solid to the corner and the air raijeiken combo... what's input for that? TK? and is A or C version? i try a lot but always keep falling the opponent -.-,

Its the A version. the D version will push you away while the A will move you forward.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 10:07:19 PM »
Ash,great vid.
Do you happen to have a Beni combo list?

Actually I don't, but if you have a specific question about one, I can answer it for you.

sw1tch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 03:37:22 AM »
Anyone know if his cmdgrab/ex cmdgrab is one frame?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 04:10:18 AM »

Well test it right now. I don't play Benimaru, but from the arcade to console, there hasn't been any changes to his grab that were noted. I'm pretty sure it's a 1 frame grab, but let me test it to make sure.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »

Yeah both are

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 01:04:41 PM »
There you have it! Fastest punisher Benimaru has.