Author Topic: Benimaru Nikaido (Console)  (Read 59575 times)

sw1tch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Benimaru Nikaido (Console)
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 07:42:24 PM »
Thx for the fast replies guys.Lots of stuff to punish with it then, nice.

Dobiqwolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2011, 03:40:45 AM »
There you have it! Fastest punisher Benimaru has.
qcf+BD (EX knee) is near instant and have a better range than the grab

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2011, 05:52:00 AM »
I don't play the character, but I'm pretty sure EX Iai Geri is not 0 frame start up.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 09:40:26 AM »

You can use it as a punish, but not as a reversal/invincible move. It's 3 frames btw.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »
And the Shoryu like move? dp+K better question... there is a source with the frame data list?

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2011, 01:50:06 PM »
And the Shoryu like move? dp+K better question... there is a source with the frame data list?

There's an arcadia magazine that listed only certain startup and recovery of some moves from each character. I think Reiki had posted it somewhere translated. Benimaru's dp follows the same rules of most dp's in the game - light version is fast but no invincibility while heavy version is slightly slower but has more invincibility.

Dobiqwolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2011, 03:14:28 AM »

You can use it as a punish, but not as a reversal/invincible move. It's 3 frames btw.
I quoted "faster punisher", thank you for the frames info, best way to check is to record in training mode what you want to punish, it is tedious but you will learn better.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2011, 03:38:50 AM »
B.A.L.A feels that good Ol' beni is the ultimate XIII chr in a recent interview.

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1845.0

In that, plenty of extra inspiration for us beni users :)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2011, 03:39:57 AM »
Damn right he does...hell, from theAnswer's stream chat...he thinks Beni/Beni is a 10-0 matchup for Beni.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 11:04:46 AM »
B.A.L.A feels that good Ol' beni is the ultimate XIII chr in a recent interview.

He doesn't seem to know what he's talking about when it comes to Benimaru.

"I have heard you mention Benimaru as being the best character in KOF13, why do you think this?

He has a fireball, uppercut (1 frame), command grab(1 frame), he has many attacks that have high priority, his jump is a crossup and it has priority, he has a normal air grab, he has an air fireball, he can do a fireball on a backdash and has good recovery, his HD combo is easy to finish off with a neomax, he can punish you  after a normal grab in the corner ( anywhere on the screen with an EX command grab), he can keep you away with his normal. His only bad matchup is Vs Benimaru hahahahahaaha. If I forgot something please add it."

He doesn't have a 1 frame uppercut, no one does in the game. Priority wise, he's just the same as any other character, there's many other characters that have better pokes than him. HD combo easy to finish with neomax can be found with most characters in the game. The whole mention about fireball is not that great especially the backdash part since it's not that useful to do so. Also his qcf+P is not a projectile in regards to calling it a "fireball". He and The Answer are pretty biased in this case.

Benimaru did get a little better, but the main points that make him better is his regular throw in the corner allowing followup and changes to his EX moves (making him more meter dependent). Other than that he's the same as he was in the arcade version and he was never considered to be top tier there.

Dobiqwolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 03:22:23 AM »

"I have heard you mention Benimaru as being the best character in KOF13, why do you think this?

He has a fireball, uppercut (1 frame), command grab(1 frame), he has many attacks that have high priority, his jump is a crossup and it has priority, he has a normal air grab, he has an air fireball, he can do a fireball on a backdash and has good recovery, his HD combo is easy to finish off with a neomax, he can punish you  after a normal grab in the corner ( anywhere on the screen with an EX command grab), he can keep you away with his normal. His only bad matchup is Vs Benimaru hahahahahaaha. If I forgot something please add it."

He doesn't have a 1 frame uppercut, no one does in the game. Priority wise, he's just the same as any other character, there's many other characters that have better pokes than him. HD combo easy to finish with neomax can be found with most characters in the game. The whole mention about fireball is not that great especially the backdash part since it's not that useful to do so. Also his qcf+P is not a projectile in regards to calling it a "fireball". He and The Answer are pretty biased in this case.

Benimaru did get a little better, but the main points that make him better is his regular throw in the corner allowing followup and changes to his EX moves (making him more meter dependent). Other than that he's the same as he was in the arcade version and he was never considered to be top tier there.
beni is really good but not top tier material, his regular DP can get stuffed, but his EX moves are strong, his normals as well, as far D pass over lows, stand B is still godlike, and his jump is till one of the best, in short in every single KOF benimaru is always good.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 03:44:02 AM »

beni is really good but not top tier material, his regular DP can get stuffed, but his EX moves are strong, his normals as well, as far D pass over lows, stand B is still godlike, and his jump is till one of the best, in short in every single KOF benimaru is always good.

Yeah, he's definitely always good. And never top tier, but I think it will come down to the player. Will be interesting to see how peeps develop this chr, what with all his tools and such.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 03:46:03 AM »
The thing about Beni is, no matter what, all the time I hear "He's so amazing, he's so top or close to it, watch out he's dangerous" and yet, I NEVER SEE ANYONE PLAY HIM.

It's a very annoying trend.  XIII is the only time I ever actually see him get play, and even then, why bother when he's not Kyo?  Just seems to be a lot of people's stances on picking him.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
Screw that. I'm using Beni and Kyo.

I've tried Benimaru in older titles and he felt awkward to me. In XIII, his move set works really well for me.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
The thing about Beni is, no matter what, all the time I hear "He's so amazing, he's so top or close to it, watch out he's dangerous" and yet, I NEVER SEE ANYONE PLAY HIM.

It's a very annoying trend.  XIII is the only time I ever actually see him get play, and even then, why bother when he's not Kyo?  Just seems to be a lot of people's stances on picking him.

He's a main for me. Next on my list for leveling up after Joe.
I wouldn't mind seeing other peeps get strong with him. Also, it's a bit curious to me that I don't see top players using him, really want to see this guy's potential.