Author Topic: Shen Woo (Console)  (Read 57314 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Shen Woo (Console)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 02:30:05 AM »
Yeah...but in all seriousness I think Shen can live with 35-36 characters.

And look on the bright side, if it's Kensou anchor vs. Shen Anchor, you're actually sitting decently pretty.  You can kill him on one touch (or at least hit 800-900), he can't.  You having meter makes his FB game not as effective.  A bunch of your options with all that meter and drive will lead into hell, his won't for the most part.

I guess the thing I'm saying is...why the hell does that man run Kensou on anchor?!
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Ryyudo

• New Challenger
  • Reported for extreme fisting
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 02:46:23 AM »
Yeah...but in all seriousness I think Shen can live with 35-36 characters.

And look on the bright side, if it's Kensou anchor vs. Shen Anchor, you're actually sitting decently pretty.  You can kill him on one touch (or at least hit 800-900), he can't.  You having meter makes his FB game not as effective.  A bunch of your options with all that meter and drive will lead into hell, his won't for the most part.

I guess the thing I'm saying is...why the hell does that man run Kensou on anchor?!
LMAO

He likes his Neo Max, and I think he only knows his HD combo at the moment. :D 

He also played Kensou a lot in 12?  So he has that previous practice knowledge and advantage against most everyone.  So probably comfort with Kensou is thrown in there too.

All I can say is that it works. :(  If I can touch him, I can kill him, sure, but I'm still too fresh to this game to have the greatest setups and pressures on the ready.

My goal for tonight's ranbat/gathering is to land some kind of 90% - ToD HD combo on him.  Wish me luck!  <-something I shouldn't be depending on in competitive play!
Shen's hidden buff to console:
Yells more intensely during his Neo Max.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 02:50:59 AM »
Yeah, but Kensou's main HD combos don't use more than 3 meters, and even 3 is really pushing it.  He'd have a lot better comfort zone putting him out front, gaining momentum thus easing the load the rest of his team has so he isn't so tight with characters he isn't as adept with.

And trust me, for that Anchor vs. Anchor match, you don't need the greatest setups and pressures.  Just play solid, he'll leave an opening eventually unless he never presses buttons.  Kensou constantly goes to lows since they are his best buttons.  All you need to do is hop over one, free kill.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Ryyudo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 05:34:10 PM »
This is also info I'm going to cherish dearly.  Might be simple to ya, but this is all new info that I didn't really know/consider lol.  Well I really can't defend for him, but I'll forward on the thoughts, see what he thinks of it.  It'll make him more fearsome as a competitor probably, but the community will be better as a whole having to work harder. :)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »
Yeah, remember when I said Kensou doesn't hit hard in HD?  I was wrong, though only in the corner.  Keep yourself out of there and you should be fine...somewhat.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 08:52:35 AM »

Grenadierfr

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 12:22:05 PM »
Nice ! Finally some framedata !

But maybe I should've not watched it since almost everything is negative on block =( (and that command grad with 5 frames of start up... why SNKP ?)

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 05:16:05 PM »
Haha yeah, sometimes the truth hurts - suspicions confirmed!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 03:32:44 AM »
Video showcasing his deflect move:

KoF XIII : Shen Woo's Hougeki Video

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 10:12:40 AM »
That's amazing - looks to be able to negate one hit of most anything. I like vs chin NM - haha

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 07:41:32 PM »
Is that move only for deflecting? Or can he lay a serious bitch slap on his opponents' faces with it?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 01:29:03 AM »
Is that move only for deflecting? Or can he lay a serious bitch slap on his opponents' faces with it?

That move can't do damage. Doesn't build that much meter when deflecting fbs either. Yamamoto was saying they put it in the game bc shen fans really wanted it.

Grenadierfr

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 09:00:45 AM »
Can he lay a serious bitch slap on his opponents' faces with it?

He would be god tier with that.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 07:41:52 PM »
In Climax they're going to increase Shen's meter gain on qcb+C, and right now the best thing I've seen it be usable for is getting out of Mai's Ryu-Enbu and then starting an HD combo from close C or something.

Ryyudo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 12:34:42 AM »
Wow, great video, that's something I never though had THAT many uses.  Thanks!

If that can shut down a Maxima's blockstring ending in the punch, or go through a wild one, that's a great counter-attack maneuver.

I'm going to start playing with that more now that I know better/different uses.