Author Topic: Shen Woo (Console)  (Read 57309 times)

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Shen Woo (Console)
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 12:10:48 AM »
Just a quick question.  I've noticed something when you do  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c  it adds an extra  ;fd ;c input.  Does anyone know why it does this?  I tested multiple sticks, and characters, Shen is the only one this happens with.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »
Just a quick question.  I've noticed something when you do  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c  it adds an extra  ;fd ;c input.  Does anyone know why it does this?  I tested multiple sticks, and characters, Shen is the only one this happens with.

When I turn on the inputs in training mode, I just see a qcf+C with no extra f+C input at all.

Has the damage for this combos been updated since console release? They seem slightly lower to me: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Shen_Woo_(XIII)#Combos

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2012, 10:16:01 AM »
Has the damage for this combos been updated since console release? They seem slightly lower to me: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Shen_Woo_(XIII)#Combos

Nope, like I said before, I basically haven't touched the wiki and therefore someone should work on it now as I don't really play him since console.  His qcf C (uncharged) now does 60 dmg down from 70 which is where the damage difference comes into play IIRC when we tested him at Atlus.

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »
hey guys i'm new here , so i 'v some problems with shen HD combos carries
I can do 5C,6B,(HD),5C,6B,214A,236A,236D,236C,236D then 214A(whiff),236A
this part give me trouble i never get the 214A(whiff), i want to know if i have to delay 236D,236C,236D or something else
excuz my poor english
thanks you

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 03:38:16 AM »
hey guys i'm new here , so i 'v some problems with shen HD combos carries
I can do 5C,6B,(HD),5C,6B,214A,236A,236D,236C,236D then 214A(whiff),236A
this part give me trouble i never get the 214A(whiff), i want to know if i have to delay 236D,236C,236D or something else
excuz my poor english
thanks you

It seems that you're doing it right, but not probably timing the 214A(whiff) after that last 236D. You don't have to delay any of those 236C's or D's at all, just perform them at normal speed, and do the 214A right after that 236D hits, and it will HD cancel and whiff for you can connect the 236A follow up.

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »
thanks so much Desmond now i can do it consistely is so easy, my big mistake it's that I doesn't hyperdrivecance le last QCF D to QCBA(whiff).
Now another question sometimes i beat some spleeping opponent with a hop HCB,F+ABC then do my HD combo
But my question it is possible to connect the ex command with HD activation while running i can't do it
my input run HCB,F,UF+ABC and i got the HD activation and not the ex command grab+ HD activation
but when I hop before it's come consistely

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2012, 12:08:29 AM »
Hmm, that's new to me, HD bypass with his ex command grab? I'll try that out later tonight.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 10:01:29 AM »
Now another question sometimes i beat some spleeping opponent with a hop HCB,F+ABC then do my HD combo
But my question it is possible to connect the ex command with HD activation while running i can't do it
my input run HCB,F,UF+ABC and i got the HD activation and not the ex command grab+ HD activation
but when I hop before it's come consistely

You cannot do that while running.  The HD bypass+Ex command grab only works in the air (since the arcade).

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 02:07:50 AM »
is there anything shen can get, while in hd mode, off of a command grab midscreen?

i'm having trouble coming up with something that doesn't end the hd combo prematurely. this question is for the scenario that you mess up an hd combo/activation and you need to open up the opponent again.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 02:29:35 AM »
is there anything shen can get, while in hd mode, off of a command grab midscreen?

i'm having trouble coming up with something that doesn't end the hd combo prematurely. this question is for the scenario that you mess up an hd combo/activation and you need to open up the opponent again.

Try this, it's a combo I recorded back in the arcades but it still works: http://youtu.be/YThw1ultk_U?t=11s

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 03:23:02 AM »

Nope, like I said before, I basically haven't touched the wiki and therefore someone should work on it now as I don't really play him since console.  His qcf C (uncharged) now does 60 dmg down from 70 which is where the damage difference comes into play IIRC when we tested him at Atlus.

Okay, I'll fix it up, but I will need some help to make sure everything is exact.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2012, 07:59:41 AM »
Okay, I'll fix it up, but I will need some help to make sure everything is exact.

Lemme know, I'll help.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Shen Woo (Console)
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »
There's some real powerful tech that ragnarok showed me.

You can chain cr.b into st.a then hit with a super. This increases the viability of his high/low game significantly

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 02:02:30 AM »
it's not a new tech since you can do
cr.b,st.a,ex throw ,whatever it does more than super
or crB,crC,6B ,whatever

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »
it's not a new tech since you can do
cr.b,st.a,ex throw ,whatever it does more than super
or crB,crC,6B ,whatever

Yeah, I agree, the cr.b, cr.A xx qcfx2+P doesn't do a lot of damage at all, but it sure is easy. Cr.B, cr.C, f+B is rather difficult at first but it deserves to be learned.

Btw peoples, I did some updating to his combos and values. I stopped at the HD combos for right now, and I will work on them later. If there is anything wrong or looks funny, please point them out for I can fix it. Also, if there is any combo variations that has more meter, post them up:
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Shen_Woo_%28XIII%29#Combos