Author Topic: Duo Lon (Console)  (Read 71112 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Duo Lon (Console)
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2012, 11:04:37 AM »
how strict would you say the timing is to throw duo lon when he does the D teleport after the last reckka?

After a D teleport, it's pretty doable, I suggest you double tap as he past by.  I do not think you can normal throw them after a B teleport due to the distance of a normal grab. 

Jon Slayton

• New Challenger
  • Duo Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2012, 08:54:04 PM »
Do you guys use Duo Lon's teleports in his neutral game at all? I've been trying to think of ways to push my DL even further but I feel like I'm running out of ideas with him, and this is pretty much the only thing I haven't experimented with.

On another note, I'm finding j.f+A more and more useful in certain matchups. It seems to be a pretty reliable air to air for those characters with the short hops and the long reaching, somewhat downward air normals that are impossible for DL to anti air normally. Examples would be Shen, Hwa, K, etc etc who can be difficult to stop from jumping in from certain distances.

One last thing, I feel like King might be one of Duo Lon's worst matchups. Normally I use a fireball with DL to cover myself and then f+B on the ground to stop fireballs while covered by my own, but against king, her fireball animation just jumps over the foot. That matchup is pretty frustrating against a good King.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »
Do you guys use Duo Lon's teleports in his neutral game at all? I've been trying to think of ways to push my DL even further but I feel like I'm running out of ideas with him, and this is pretty much the only thing I haven't experimented with.

On another note, I'm finding j.f+A more and more useful in certain matchups. It seems to be a pretty reliable air to air for those characters with the short hops and the long reaching, somewhat downward air normals that are impossible for DL to anti air normally. Examples would be Shen, Hwa, K, etc etc who can be difficult to stop from jumping in from certain distances.

One last thing, I feel like King might be one of Duo Lon's worst matchups. Normally I use a fireball with DL to cover myself and then f+B on the ground to stop fireballs while covered by my own, but against king, her fireball animation just jumps over the foot. That matchup is pretty frustrating against a good King.

I wouldn't use raw teleport, at least not very often, as it is easily punishable on reaction during recovery. EX teleport is good in blockstrings for ghetto left/right mixup if you know your opponent has slow reflexes.

You are correct. j.f+A is good against opponents who use downward anti-airs, as Duo Lon's jump attacks all pretty much aim downwards. Use it while jumping backwards to give yourself some breathing room. Careful of j.CD's though, as they'll beat you out and score the opponent a counter-hit.

Maybe because I'm both a King and Duo Lon player, I feel like the matchup isn't lopsided at all. It really depends on the tempo of the match. Both have poor reversals, but King at least has EX Trap Shot. This means King has more free reign to pressure Duo Lon, but she's definitely not as good at it as say Kyo. Be patient, block properly and find a way out. If King is attempting to zone you out, this is actually more preferable for Duo Lon. Be patient and inch your way towards mid screen. Because Duo Lon has a slightly higher jump arc than other characters, it's really easy to hop over Venom Strikes. Once you get into the sweet spot, King will be hesitant to throw out Venom Strikes thanks to the fact that your super goes under them. When you finally close the gap, hit-confirm, and post-rekkas you have a better mixup than King. Be mindful of the EX Trap Shot though and bait her into wasting meter. Without the projectile game, King's methods of approach are very risky. Be careful of the crossup j.D, but you can counter it with a properly timed/spaced c.C. Overall, I still feel the matchup is in King's favor since she can switchup playstyle mid-match, but if you're patient and read well, the difference is not by much.

Jon Slayton

• New Challenger
  • Duo Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2012, 08:32:27 AM »
It feels pretty difficult to stay on her for long once you do get in though. She can just super jump back once she gets an inch of space and throw a fireball and now you have to work to get in again. And with her in close game probably being just as strong, if not stronger than DLs, it just feels like there's not an advantageous position to really fight her from, since DL's anti fireball stuff just doesn't work against her. I'll try the super jump stuff over her fireballs, I get the feeling I might eat an air to air j.CD from her in that situation though.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 12:50:41 AM »
It feels pretty difficult to stay on her for long once you do get in though. She can just super jump back once she gets an inch of space and throw a fireball and now you have to work to get in again. And with her in close game probably being just as strong, if not stronger than DLs, it just feels like there's not an advantageous position to really fight her from, since DL's anti fireball stuff just doesn't work against her. I'll try the super jump stuff over her fireballs, I get the feeling I might eat an air to air j.CD from her in that situation though.

it's really easy to hop over Venom Strike

King will be hesitant to throw out Venom Strikes thanks to the fact that your super goes under them

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2012, 08:38:01 AM »
I was playing around with Duolon today and trying to confirm combos that might be useful for me when he has no meter.

This is a tight link, but I think it's worth trying since dropping it is not going to kill you.

[Corner Only] (Hop D), st.B, f+B, (delay), d.B, d.A, qcfx3+P, qcf+B, st.C

With the hop D, that's 279 damage for no meter. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Actually, if you replace d.B, d.A with st.C, it links for 301 damage for no meter in the corner.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:40:43 AM by Reiki.Kito »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2012, 03:03:51 PM »
Good find, although I find the link a little challenging for how much extra damage you get.   It's less than 60 but you're adding two more hits, which means everything scales more--not too sure if it's worth the trouble.

SaveTheDay

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »
i'm new to duo lon and was wondering what's his best aa?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »
i'm new to duo lon and was wondering what's his best aa?

He doesn't have anything too reliable.  You can use his d.C preemptively but it's pretty slow but has a decent hitbox.  You can also use j.CD early or a vertical jump f+A.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:07:14 AM by Kane317 »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2012, 10:00:54 PM »
Good find, although I find the link a little challenging for how much extra damage you get.   It's less than 60 but you're adding two more hits, which means everything scales more--not too sure if it's worth the trouble.

I don't mind if it's challenging or not worth it, but it's nice to know what's possible and all with Duolon. Let LPN know how to do it too!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
Think I'm going to start putting some serious time into Duo Lon. Did reasonably well with him against some regulars online yesterday. There's just something about his speed, its so exhilirating.

Looking at his normals I may be able to use him like Ryo to an extent. Really liking his normals overall, save for far sC, such crappy range.

In terms of meter usage I'm thinking of focusing it on EX teleports.

Looks like his regular teleport does have a time where he is completely off the screen, as I was able to get through Ryo's super fireball from half a screen away and get behind him no prob. This is unlike Yang in 3rd Strike who could be hit during his even when he wasn't visible on the screen.

Of the few Duolons I've played, those who spammed rekkas really hit it home for me how they tend to hit like a truck. They seem to have good priority and be a good reversal. The regular one's aren't as fast as I thought they were, tried them against Raiden's tackle on block yesterday and they aren't fast enough to punish. EX version is though.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:33:51 PM by Diavle »

Jon Slayton

• New Challenger
  • Duo Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2012, 10:57:23 AM »
Anyone watch BALA's Duo Lon against Mago this weekend at CEO?

I was there and was pretty impressed with some of the stuff he was doing. Think I even saw the CD rekka cross up off an air reset and some pretty crazy corner combos. I had the chance to ask him and he said he thinks Duo Lon should be played offensively moreso than defensively, so I suppose my defensive style with the character is kinda wacky.

Lot of sloppy stuff but overall a really good grand finals here if you guys are bored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpr1swIoaaA&feature=player_embedded#!

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2012, 08:29:57 AM »
Started messing around with Duo a bit before evo (but no one is going to believe me!)

Mainly I was wanting to pester solid with an all rekka team:
ex kyo, mature whom I already used + duo.

(I would have created 2 teams if there were enough rekkas to go around ;) )

Mad_KOF's play certainly showed how to cover for his weaknesses though.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2012, 02:40:36 AM »
Anyone gonna break down Duolon here or do you think it's too hard based on how much reading MAD_KOF did on B.A.L.A?

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2012, 03:56:55 AM »
Anyone gonna break down Duolon here or do you think it's too hard based on how much reading MAD_KOF did on B.A.L.A?

I'll post some thoughts after I rewatch top 8. I have a general idea of why he was so effective.