Author Topic: Duo Lon (Console)  (Read 71150 times)

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
Re: Duo Lon (Console)
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2012, 12:37:22 PM »
Go for it.lol maybe you can get but I can't.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2012, 01:08:27 PM »
Go for it.lol maybe you can get but I can't.

Confirmed.  Midscreen: d.A x3, Ex qcf P, (delay) qcf P, (not immediately but not too delayed) qcb A, s.C, qcf P x3, qcf B, s.C - 341
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:19:13 PM by Kane317 »

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2012, 01:21:19 PM »
So, it is a matter of spacing whether you can or cannot delay the Ex rekka. Also how deep the Ex rekka connects also determines the length of time you have to delay it. That should be included in the wiki

I knew I wasn't going crazy! lol
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:25:27 PM by Crimson_King15 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2012, 03:51:31 PM »
So, it is a matter of spacing whether you can or cannot delay the Ex rekka. Also how deep the Ex rekka connects also determines the length of time you have to delay it. That should be included in the wiki

I'm not sure we're understanding each other.  

You can always delay the 2nd Ex Rekkas and it's not determined on spacing.  The point of me doing three d As was to prove that you can be relatively far and still get the full combo.  Naturally if you're SUPER far you're not going to get the combo to connect but seeing you can do it off three d As, or s.D, f.A (the most common starters)...it pretty much works anywhere.

BTW, my timing for the Ex Rekka combo is the same anywhere.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »

I'm not sure we're understanding each other.  

You can always delay the 2nd Ex Rekkas and it's not determined on spacing.  The point of me doing three d As was to prove that you can be relatively far and still get the full combo.  Naturally if you're SUPER far you're not going to get the combo to connect but seeing you can do it off three d As, or s.D, f.A (the most common starters)...it pretty much works anywhere.

BTW, my timing for the Ex Rekka combo is the same anywhere.

You are aware that Cra.A 3x puts you at the exact same spacing as Close stc> F+A Right? So you're doing the same combo from the same spot twice (Spacing roughly varies depending on how fast you input the Cr.a but it's still roughly the same distance no matter how fast you input it)

How about you do this? Do a raw EX rekka on a corner opponent directly in your opponent's face, Then Do a close ST c> F+a. Your goal is to see how late you can delay each of the second rekkas and see if C> F+A doesn't grant you more delay time.

I've been able to drastically change my rhythm for C>F+a but if I do cr.a 2x or raw ex rekka the delay window seems to shrink I am a very rhythm oriented person so I know the rate at which I'm tapping the buttons and I'm very aware of when it changes.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2012, 07:55:26 PM »
Idk if anyone is aware of this but i haven't seen any discussion about it.

after f+b you can link cr b or cr a after which is actually really good in the corner for damage and pressure.

also after f+b you can link into ex rekka immediatly after and have it combo which can add up to some nice damage in the corner since you can freely cancel into qcb+a.

just some new things i found

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2012, 08:55:58 AM »
Idk if anyone is aware of this but i haven't seen any discussion about it.

after f+b you can link cr b or cr a after which is actually really good in the corner for damage and pressure.

also after f+b you can link into ex rekka immediatly after and have it combo which can add up to some nice damage in the corner since you can freely cancel into qcb+a.

just some new things i found

From page 5.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2012, 07:24:57 PM »
Kane i must be missing it but I'll take your word for it.

either way i wanted to post it because it's an easy combo of lights into a nice high damage combo in the corner.

crb> cra>f+b> qcf+ac 2x>qcb+a>st c> f+a> rekka 3x xx qcf+b xx> st c= 358 0drive with 1 bar

j.d> St.c> f.b>qcf+ac 2x> qcb+a>st c> f+a> qcf+p 3x xx qcf+b xx> st. c= 441 no drive 1 bar

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2012, 01:53:20 AM »
Kane i must be missing it but I'll take your word for it.

either way i wanted to post it because it's an easy combo of lights into a nice high damage combo in the corner.

crb> cra>f+b> qcf+ac 2x>qcb+a>st c> f+a> rekka 3x xx qcf+b xx> st c= 358 0drive with 1 bar

j.d> St.c> f.b>qcf+ac 2x> qcb+a>st c> f+a> qcf+p 3x xx qcf+b xx> st. c= 441 no drive 1 bar

Those combos are better off as blockstrings seeing that you can use f.A instead of f.B and do slightly more damage plus it's a normal cancel vs a link.   Yes, f.B --> d.A does more damage than f.A alone, but you're talking about approximately 15 damage more, and now the rest of your combo is more scaled.

Light hits into f.B is a pretty good frametrap though.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2012, 02:02:25 AM »
Actually they are good for both meterless combos and frame traps. but if say you push the f+b you can cra>f+a then you can go from there.

also cra>std>f+b>ex rekka hits but cra>st c>f+b> rekka doesnt

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2012, 01:11:07 AM »
Actually they are good for both meterless combos and frame traps. but if say you push the f+b you can cra>f+a then you can go from there.

I remember awhile back when I messing with f.B links you had to be pretty close for the d.A to connect after the f.B...and remember thinking it was only if you did a light hit into f.B--I could be wrong.

also cra>std>f+b>ex rekka hits but cra>st c>f+b> rekka doesnt

That's coz s.D has less pushback than s.C.

In you your listed combo above, if you replaced f.B with f.A it'll still do more damage.  The only way to really make it worth it is to be able to add a s.C after the f.B for the scaling to make sense imo.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2012, 06:41:52 AM »
Added this to the wiki notes section: Performing the f A, f.B, DM cancels might be a little tricky at first, so you can use the: f A, qcb B, hcf B~P shortcut instead.

Josh

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2012, 09:17:15 AM »
Added this to the wiki notes section: Performing the f A, f.B, DM cancels might be a little tricky at first, so you can use the: f A, qcb B, hcf B~P shortcut instead.

That is very helpful. I've always had trouble with that DM cancel and had no idea there was a shortcut. Thanks for posting that Kane.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2012, 07:44:14 AM »

That is very helpful. I've always had trouble with that DM cancel and had no idea there was a shortcut. Thanks for posting that Kane.

No problem, I discovered the shortcut months back but forgot to post it.

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2012, 01:02:27 AM »
Got some Duo Lon tech.

In the corner:  ;fd ;b links into most normals and some specials. The properties for this move change when drive canceled (rekka into  ;fd ;b) where it starts up faster but has longer recovery time and so you can't link from there anymore.

I've found that there is such a way to do it by instead of raw  ;fd ;b after the rekka, you instead do  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk  ;b or  ;d into  ;fd ;b

This will allow for more damaging combos and cost efficient 1 drive non stock combos.

Duolon

Anybody care to add it to wiki in case it's not there?