Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Console)  (Read 71531 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard (Console)
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2012, 10:08:07 PM »
If you want Reiki, I'll help you out.  Terry went from being a temporary stopgap for me to arguably my best character.  I can help you tweak it out.

EDIT:  Honestly Reiki, after looking it over, it's great.  Short of wanting to add more info about his normals and specials, and then Character Matchups of course (but those are do them over time deals), your writeup is really good.  You definitely did Terry a lot of justice honestly.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:14:10 PM by Saitsuofleaves »
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2012, 10:24:34 PM »

Look over the wiki and tell me what you guys think.

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Terry_Bogard_%28XIII%29

Damn, good job man.

Oh yeah, regarding the match-up section, yeah it will take some time and teamwork to fully fill up, but I don't think nothing is wrong with adding some info about punishing certain characters moves, along side more strategic information that will be provided later.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2012, 10:35:26 PM »

Look over the wiki and tell me what you guys think.

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Terry_Bogard_%28XIII%29

Damn, good job man.

Oh yeah, regarding the match-up section, yeah it will take some time and teamwork to fully fill up, but I don't think nothing is wrong with adding some info about punishing certain characters moves, along side more strategic information that will be provided later.

Well, if that's all you'd like, I can do that easy.

If you want Reiki, I'll help you out.  Terry went from being a temporary stopgap for me to arguably my best character.  I can help you tweak it out.

EDIT:  Honestly Reiki, after looking it over, it's great.  Short of wanting to add more info about his normals and specials, and then Character Matchups of course (but those are do them over time deals), your writeup is really good.  You definitely did Terry a lot of justice honestly.

When the frame data for Terry is out and accepted, I can write about his normals. I could right now, but there's a lot to write and a lot that's still in limbo. I know st.C, st.A, d.B, d.A, and st.B are all 4 frames start up. So they can punish a lot of stuff people throw out.

I can do a bit more on specials, but I think it's pretty simple. There's no hidden tech. Maybe including situations where you use the move would be good too.

EDIT: Did a little work on Terry's specials, but I don't want to touch his normals. If you guys want to add something I missed (specifically something on a specific subject you want to add to), let me know.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:49:16 PM by Reiki.Kito »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2012, 11:56:59 PM »
To be honest, you don't really NEED frame data to talk about normals, as long as you understand what situations they are best used for (like st.A is good against hops, j.D is good for jump-ins and crossups), and the general ranges for them, it should be okay. Also, you can still know if they are safe on block or not, by setting the training mode guard section to 1-hit jump. Then you can set it to 'guard all' if you wanna check out how far it pushes you (and your opponent) away from each other for you can see how punishable it really is.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 12:54:59 AM »
Right, so I got started on the match ups. I just included something basic and baseline considering their options. Most characters DETAILED reversals or options would take days to talk about so I just tried to keep it simple. Add what you can or tell me what you think of what I wrote.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 01:08:12 AM »
Whoa man thats great. I like how you described Elisabeth as a 'tough cookie' because indeed she surely can be in the right hands. Your write up about Clark was really great and detailed. I approve.

Also, is it okay that you can edit the entries with the bullet in-front of the paragraph incase there need to be a different point made later? http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kyo_Kusanagi_%28XIII%29#Character_Matchups

Again, great job.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2012, 04:20:00 AM »
Added the bullet points and a few more. Hopefully I'll be done with the section soon.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2012, 09:56:39 AM »
So there are a few changes in Climax that aren't really noted.

One I noticed was the return of Terry's D Crackshoot hitting people that are crouching. Not only that, it can be comboed out of if you hit someone with it.

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »
Just D crackshoot?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2012, 11:42:45 AM »
That is interesting. Wonder if console's getting a patch because that would definitely improve Terry's game.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2012, 12:11:22 PM »
I was talking to a friend about it and he said that its in console, but it whiffs on smaller people. I swear though, when I first got the game, I couldn't do it on ANYBODY who was crouching and now I can. So weird.

Guess it's not a change after all. ;-;

EDIT: Okay, so far I've tested the male cast and some of the female cast and it's a pretty interesting trend.

Ash, Saiki, Kula, Athena Leona, and most other females can cleanly duck it. Exceptions are: Vice, Mature, and Elizabeth (Too manly)

Characters like K', Maxima, Ralf, Goro, and most of the men can't.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:40:54 PM by Reiki.Kito »

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2012, 12:24:44 AM »
hey, im a little confused. is it still the exact same as in console or did they make it easier to combo out of on the ground in climax? i thought when hitting a grounded opponent it could only combo when hitting with the last part of his kick, with his leg angled downward. so hard! :(

is hitting an opponent with D crackshoot  while crouching different from standing (console) ?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2012, 01:10:02 AM »
hey, im a little confused. is it still the exact same as in console or did they make it easier to combo out of on the ground in climax? i thought when hitting a grounded opponent it could only combo when hitting with the last part of his kick, with his leg angled downward. so hard! :(

is hitting an opponent with D crackshoot  while crouching different from standing (console) ?

Basically, if your opponent blocks D crackshoot crouching, you're at positive frames. If you use D crackshoot, it hits, and they're crouching, the last hit of D crackshoot hits instead. Some characters, that I listed, will whiff. However, if it does hit, you can hit st.C and it combos.

In arcade, it used to hit everybody. Now, certain characters can grow smaller when they crouch straight down and miss the hit entirely.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2012, 01:37:05 AM »
Btw Reiki, all changes you find with Terry for Climax, please add them to the wiki when you have time.

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2012, 05:48:33 AM »
Just curious. Does anyone know how fast buster wolf starts up? It's able to punish a lot of things.