Author Topic: Andy Bogard (Console)  (Read 63433 times)

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Bogard (Console)
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 05:19:42 AM »
It's far too much pushback to be punished by any 4f normals. Kula's s.B might be able to punish it, though the pushback might still be too much. If she runs up and does s.B it might connect, but it'll be hard. It's just -10. I know that many characters' ranbu DMs can punish it, or things like Shen's qcfx2+AC or XIII Kyo's qcb,hcf+AC. It's really mostly safe to use... just know in which matchups you can and can't get away with it.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 06:15:09 AM »
So yeah, testing againt iori EX dp, I so far seem to get the conclusion than any iteration of db, f + p sans the ex version is completely free against the move

DP also gets punished, I feel than qcb + p too but generates too much pushback to be punished

Neomax is free

The same was tested with iori standing C, only C version of db f + P could be punished with it

Now that I think about, I finally found some use to the turbo in my controller rather than using it to boost achievements in KOF XII or test you might in mk9 lololol

The most safe move in andy moveset is maybe his hishoken for the pushback and ex kuuha dan
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:17:33 AM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »
Is there are shortcut for dp dc hcf+k~bd?
Having some problems.
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 06:33:18 PM »
you may be able to use f, hcf+P, then immediately hcf+K, brake.  That seems to be how I do it, although I don't know if it is really a shortcut, per se.  It may be possible for you to do the f, hcf+P for the DP and then immediately press K on hit to get the drive cancel, but I am not sure if that one works.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 06:41:21 AM »
Yes, that's the shortcut. That's how I do it, it's much much much easier than doing the inputs normally.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 07:18:40 PM »
Yes, that's the shortcut. That's how I do it, it's much much much easier than doing the inputs normally.

So which one do you use?  f,hcf+P then K to get the DC or f,hcf+P, hcf+K?
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 09:30:44 PM »
f,hcf+P, then K quickly. Adding in the hcf+K isn't really a shortcut at all. That's just more work than doing a proper DP and then the proper hcf+K input.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:32:55 PM by Matt Alder »

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 10:41:31 PM »
good point...thanks.  I've been doing it kind of halfway in the middle of doing the two distinct motions and doing the shortcut.  It hasn't been very consistent.  Time to go back to practice and do it the "right" way

SaveTheDay

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2012, 12:33:08 AM »
hey, guys i'm REALLY new to the whole KOF scene and i'm not sure if this is the right thread, but i was wondering how do you guys play with Andy? i feel like he can play both rush and zone since his elbow rush seems safe on block. i've been told to learn how to hop pressure in this game since it's a valuable tool to have, but i'm not sure what move to hop in with? is hopping really that useful? also do you guys super jump cross up a lot? since some of his bnbs set up the opponent for them i never get to land them though, mostly because my opponent is constantly in motion. 

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2012, 02:06:15 AM »
hyperhop j.CD (jumping C+D) is really great, it has amazing priority and huge blockstun. During pressure that would be your jump-in of choice, but j.D is very good as well. His wiki page has a decent amount of info on it, it can be found here: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Andy_Bogard_%28XIII%29

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2012, 02:45:24 AM »
since some of his bnbs set up the opponent for them i never get to land them though, mostly because my opponent is constantly in motion. 

Yeah, his j.CD and j.D can be really annoy because of their hitbox positions. If you can manage to get them in the corner, you can throw out some low B's into his A version elbow (db~f+A) which is hard to punish for some characters on block, which can lead into some frametraps with his dp+C, or some staggers with his annoying cr.D. You can even use his db~f+A as second dash sometimes. But that's only a small amount of what he can do.

I wish his standing normals had a bit more range, sorta like is 02/UM versions with his st.A and his B.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

SaveTheDay

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2012, 03:07:22 AM »
hyperhop j.CD (jumping C+D) is really great, it has amazing priority and huge blockstun. During pressure that would be your jump-in of choice, but j.D is very good as well. His wiki page has a decent amount of info on it, it can be found here: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Andy_Bogard_%28XIII%29

thanks, man! i'm not near my xbox but when you and the wiki say j.cd i thought two kicks were for ex moves, but when you're standing it's just hk. what's the difference?

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2012, 07:11:35 AM »
Oh C+D is heavy punch and heavy kick together, not both kicks, if that helps. Andy's air version hits very high above him and very low below him in the air, making it great for hitting moving targets, but you have to time it early because it has some start-up time.

SaveTheDay

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2012, 09:32:04 PM »
the wiki doesn't have his most effective pokes. personally i feel st.c is really good and st.d as an aa would i be right?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2012, 11:02:33 PM »
St. D depends too much on the position of your opponent when he does the jump since has 2 versions where one works well and the other one leave you free

St. c is good actually, lots of times seemes to beat other normals, but the range makes it not that good

Waifu Material