Author Topic: Andy Bogard (Console)  (Read 63457 times)

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Bogard (Console)
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2012, 06:43:31 AM »
the wiki doesn't have his most effective pokes. personally i feel st.c is really good and st.d as an aa would i be right?

Well, in the section on normals certain ones are recommended as being strong pokes, but I can add something to the strategies section for good mid-range pokes. I can tell you right now that far C is great for range and the fact that it's cancellable into any special, but I'm pretty sure it can be crouched by anyone. For poking, crouching D is really amazing for its speed, range, knockdown and safety. It can be punished by hyperhops if you use it predictably, though. Standing B is really great since it's also cancellable to standing D, has good range and comes out rather quickly. Crouching B can be cancelled into standing B, which makes it a great option as well. Those are the ground pokes that I use mostly.

SaveTheDay

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 09:51:35 AM »
i have a question about jump in and hop in attacks. i can't seem to consistently link my j.d, st.d combo  :( what's the desired height to hit the opponent to make sure that j.d, st.d links? chest? abs? legs?

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 06:52:39 PM »
average sized characters - shoulders/chest
large characters (maxima, goro) - chest/waist

You can always land a close C/D after j.D hits the shoulders, but the lower you hit them, the easier it is to combo.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2012, 06:06:26 PM »
is there any data on how much frame advantage hitting j.C/j.D is worth?  It can't be very much...
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »
Thinking of using Andy on point & I have 2 main combos that i'm using mid-screen...

0 meter - (j.D, s.C, f+A) or (cr.B, cr.A, f+A), hcf+B~BD, run s.D, d/b~f+A *whiff*

Depending on the distance you run, you will end up behind or in front of the opponent... This I find to be a lot better than finishing it with dp+C because you can keep the pressure going and mix-up a cross-up reset...

2 meter HD - (j.D, s.C, f+A) or (cr.B, s.B, s.D), HD, s.D, f+A, hcf+C, dp+C *2 hits*, Neomax

This is a very short combo that will do 670/631 dmg mid-screen and you pretty much have no chance of screwing it up...

Also there is another variation to the HD above that has a reset in the middle and if you get them with it then you'll do about 900 dmg with just 2 meters...

2 meter HD with reset - (j.D, s.C, f+A) or (cr.B, s.B, s.D), HD, s.D, f+A, hcf+B~BD, run s.D, d/b~f+A *whiff*, s.D, f+A, hcf+C, dp+C *2 hits*, Neomax
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 09:05:40 PM »
is there any data on how much frame advantage hitting j.C/j.D is worth?  It can't be very much...

Uh...no, there usually isn't any data for frame advantage on jumping normals, mostly because it's EXTREMELY variable.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

SaveTheDay

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2012, 09:55:49 AM »
Thinking of using Andy on point & I have 2 main combos that i'm using mid-screen...

0 meter - (j.D, s.C, f+A) or (cr.B, cr.A, f+A), hcf+B~BD, run s.D, d/b~f+A *whiff*

Depending on the distance you run, you will end up behind or in front of the opponent... This I find to be a lot better than finishing it with dp+C because you can keep the pressure going and mix-up a cross-up reset...

2 meter HD - (j.D, s.C, f+A) or (cr.B, s.B, s.D), HD, s.D, f+A, hcf+C, dp+C *2 hits*, Neomax

This is a very short combo that will do 670/631 dmg mid-screen and you pretty much have no chance of screwing it up...

Also there is another variation to the HD above that has a reset in the middle and if you get them with it then you'll do about 900 dmg with just 2 meters...

2 meter HD with reset - (j.D, s.C, f+A) or (cr.B, s.B, s.D), HD, s.D, f+A, hcf+B~BD, run s.D, d/b~f+A *whiff*, s.D, f+A, hcf+C, dp+C *2 hits*, Neomax

dude, that hcf.b, bd, run s.d, whiff db f.a is awesome i never thought you could cross them up like that.
went to training mode and tried the sj setup with this.  :)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2012, 02:23:53 PM »
Also after Throw... d/b~f+A, jump D is a solid cross-up... However, you will always cross-up... So, it's better to just RUN and time your jump D... Done correctly I can't even tell which side i'm gonna end up at...

Also updated his Wiki section and added some HD combos...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2012, 02:42:11 AM »
Yo mastaroth, your technology is really amazing

The use of db f a was something that I was trying about, but mixing it with the run will do wonders

Waifu Material

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2012, 02:18:42 PM »
Andy's qcb+A has a smaller hitbox than qcb+C/AC. It can be duck by several of the cast's cr. normals.

cr. B:
Kyo, EX Kyo, Benimaru, Andy, Robert, Iori, EX Iori, Mature, Vice, Elisabeth, Duo Lon, Mai, K', Kula, Athena, Kensou, Chin, Leona

cr. C:
Mai, Athena

cr. D:
Kyo, EX Kyo, Billy, Ash, Saiki, Robert, Elisabeth, Duo Lon, Yuri, Hwa Jai, Yuri, K', Athena, Kensou, Chin, Leona
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:20:23 AM by AmedoS310 »

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »
You mean qcb a
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 07:13:17 PM »
Very interesting, though. As far as I can tell the animation for the two fireballs are identical (aside from the speed), so it's strange that one would hit higher than the other. I should see if Hwa can slide completely under it and start a combo with d/f+B. Could come in handy...

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2012, 05:20:26 AM »
You mean qcb a
Sorry, About that. Fixed.

Ironreaver

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2012, 10:42:18 PM »
that new video for his Zai-ei Ken punish just ruins my day, most ppl never really tried to punish but now they prolly will  :( oh well just have to be careful with it

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2012, 10:57:58 PM »
Andy blockstring should always be his fb, zaneiken is really free

Waifu Material