Author Topic: Andy Bogard (Console)  (Read 63440 times)

Ironreaver

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Bogard (Console)
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2012, 07:37:45 AM »
the thing i notice in thet video on the Zaienken punish is that he is doing raw zaienken and not in a block string.  I've tested the Kyo Punishes and the only legit one is NEO MAX.  EX Orochinagi didnt touch Andy eventho it looked like it did Andy blocked it clean, also st ;d is very situational coz it wasnt hitting clean all the time...i'd say 2 outta the 10 times i tried it worked.  the block string i used was cr. ;b cr. ;a  ;db ;fd  ;a

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2012, 09:46:42 AM »
I haven't tested brake, so I can't comment. I'll do it some time soon, unless someone gets to it first.

EDIT: The brake is significantly less safe on block, I estimate that it is -6 both versions (tested with K' and Shen normals).
holy crap, that is great to know. thanks! is it a lot more reliable to stuff the EX DP? looks like i will only be using this when i screw up a blockstring. or not at all and just hope they go for the tic throw...

haha i dont think ive ever tried this off a full kuuhadan because i assumed it was more unsafe than brake @_@

well stuff isn't quite the right term, if done properly you will punish the brake or kuuhadan, I would suggest going for the C shoryu anyways if you know they're going to press a button regardless (you can OS a throw with the motion as well). This is one of those things where you're going to have to know the opponents frame data. If I know the guys fastest normal is 4F and I do a full kuuhadan, and I expect them to press a button, I will shoryu. If you brake and aren't punished, odds are the guys doesn't know that fact so you can abuse that fact against them.

tl;dr depending on the speed of your normals it can be more dependable to punish.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:17:03 PM by LAB Falken »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2012, 12:19:27 AM »
the thing i notice in thet video on the Zaienken punish is that he is doing raw zaienken and not in a block string.  I've tested the Kyo Punishes and the only legit one is NEO MAX.  EX Orochinagi didnt touch Andy eventho it looked like it did Andy blocked it clean, also st ;d is very situational coz it wasnt hitting clean all the time...i'd say 2 outta the 10 times i tried it worked.  the block string i used was cr. ;b cr. ;a  ;db ;fd  ;a

I asked Gutts (the videomaker) and that is completely tested that all those punish work on blockstrings

At least he tested with another friend and said that those work. Plus they used the framedata to study those
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:23:40 AM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2012, 06:10:07 PM »
Yeah, whether or not it's done in a blockstring, if it is in fact blocked then the spacing and timing for the punishes are going to be exactly the same. Andy stops moving when the opponent blocks, not at a set distance like Joe's Slash Kick, for example. The only factor is whether it was blocked or whiffed.

Ironreaver

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2012, 01:27:29 AM »
Yeah, whether or not it's done in a blockstring, if it is in fact blocked then the spacing and timing for the punishes are going to be exactly the same. Andy stops moving when the opponent blocks, not at a set distance like Joe's Slash Kick, for example. The only factor is whether it was blocked or whiffed.

it must be a timing thing if any.  I'll try to post a vid

Stone Drum

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2012, 01:52:19 AM »
can someone give me the basic lowdown on Andy corner pressure?  My corner pressure with him is pretty weak right now, it just consists mainly of a knockdown, 1 backdash, and either a fireball to start or a poke like 2d, or go for a combo with st. b or c

9inchsamurai

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2012, 10:46:30 AM »
Andy doesn't have anything special to open people up with in the corner, so I end up doing basically the same thing as midscreen pressure except now they don't have as many options. I like doing quick spurts of rushdown with hops/lows and then after getting a knockdown back up a bit and throw out his cr. D to catch wake-up reversals.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2012, 06:01:04 PM »
Andy Bogard Guard Gauge Damage
st. A: 6%
st. B:  6%
far. C:  12%
cl. C:  6% (1st hit) + 3% (2nd hit) [9% Total]
st. D:  12%
cr. A:  6%
cr. B:  6%
cr. C: 12%
cr. D: 12%
st. CD: 16%
j. A:  5%
(head)  j. A:  6%
j. B:  5%
(head)  j. B:  6%
j. C: 10%
(head)  j. C:  12%
j. D:  10%
(head)  j. D:  12%
j. CD:  12%
(head)  j. CD:  14%
f+A: 8%
qcb+P: 6%
qcb+AC: 12%
db f+A: 10%
db f+C: 12%
db f+AC: 16%
hcf+B: 4% (1st hit) + 4% (2nd hit) + 4% (3rd hit) [12% Total]
hcf+D:  4% (1st hit) + 4% to 6% (2nd hit) + 4% to 6% (3rd hit) + 4% (4th hit) [16% to20% Total]
hcf+BD:  6% (1st hit) + 6% (2nd hit) + 6% (3rd hit) + 6% (4th hit)+ 6% (5th hit) + 10% (6th hit) [40% Total]
dp+A: 6% (1st hit) + 3%(2nd hit) [9% Total]
dp+C:  8% (1st hit) + 3% (2nd hit) + 3% (3rd hit) [14% Total]
dp+AC: 6% (1st hit) + 6% (2nd hit) + 6% (3rd hit) + 4% (4th hit) [22% Total]

This does not apply against Maxima, Goro, Clark, or Ralf. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:35:52 AM by AmedoS310 »

JuiceboxAbel

• New Challenger
  • KING of Fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2012, 11:05:06 PM »
Hi guys, been playing Andy for a bit and I wanted your input on his HD combos.

I normally play Andy on point, occasionally 2nd. But when I HD I usually only use Neomax at the end, with no other meter spent. This is because of the relatively easy to execute combo that is the same midscreen and in the corner:

whatever into HD
close D, f+A xx C elbow xx [C uppercut xx C elbow (whiffs)] x4
C uppercut xx neomax on 3rd hit

start with cr.B x3: 707
- when starting with cr.B x3, continuing the combo with close C is a bit easier. making this change results in 694 damage instead.
start with j.D, close C (1-hit), f+A: 793 damage

To execute the [C uppercut xx C elbow (whiffs)] part, simply do this motion:

632146 + C (hold the button down)

The HCB~F motion gives a dp, and of course you also just input 1~6. By holding the button this will also activate the elbow. If the elbow does not come out for you, you are starting the joystick motion too early.

For this combo midscreen, you merely need to reverse the direction of your motion (632146 to the right, 412364 to the left). In the corner, you can use the same motion each time.
---
I only use this HD combo. I could probably stand to learn a 3 or 4 bar variant for a little extra damage, but I'm happy with this one at the moment.

Can anyone here comment? Do you think there is an easier or more useful 2 bar HD combo?
I stream KoFXIII ALL THE TIME: Twitch.tv/juiceboxabel
twitter: @juiceboxabel

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2012, 04:10:11 AM »
his dp+C juggles are indeed his strongest 2 bar combo. i thought you could, but im not sure how to add dmg to it with extra stocks. maybe its just EX DM > max cancel. theres videos out there somewhere with his DP juggle.

for corner HD, it feels easier for me doing his typical corner juggles. starter > kuuha dan (brake) [ A zaneiken x2 > kuuha dan (brake) ] x3 > A zaneiken x2 > neomax

it does a bit less damage, 774 off a j.D. something like ~729 off cr.b, st.B, st.D
you can add EX zaneikens for more dmg, but i always just stick to 2 bars as well.

i didnt know about the HCB~F and that has helped me a lot learning that combo. full screen it sure feels a hell of a lot easier than doing A zaneiken > kuuha dan (brake) over and over.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2012, 10:16:56 PM »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2012, 10:10:33 PM »
These are seriously cool!

KOFXIII - Andy Optimised HD Combos [1080p HD]

Always found that andy combos didn't made that much damage, but now I see that I had to stop using hcf + b, BD to get optimal damage

Waifu Material

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
  • my heart beats in blast beats
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2012, 03:14:10 PM »
Dunno why I haven't seen this here.

KOFXIII :Andy Option Select By MF Oubah

Its pretty baws.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2012, 09:47:38 PM »
didnt know andy could go for the throw after a cr.B, always thought i would have to st.C. nice.

the far D on the back roll looks tough.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
  • my heart beats in blast beats
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2012, 11:28:53 PM »
Its all the same input and timing its not bad at all with practice

You just do c.B f.B (bf hold f) f.D to get auto corrected dash.
Give it a whirl!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 10:55:52 PM by raisedbyfinches »