Author Topic: Andy Bogard (Console)  (Read 63449 times)

Blue Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Bogard (Console)
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2013, 07:38:57 AM »
 so....just trying to understand his game play in general...
which part he excels on mr.krate and robert..??

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2013, 07:53:35 AM »
that would be:

Safe fireball A block strings.

Fairly safe A shoulder rush. only punishable by few characters without the use of meter (Hwa's s.D or even s.C that will leat to a small combo, or possibly death if he decides to use meter.

That diagonal dp is really good for zoning, unlike Mr. 5$ and Roberts which go mostly vertical.

Blue Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2013, 12:35:02 PM »
Thanks  4 the notes..but i did't understood this one..

Safe fireball A block strings.

aren't Robert and Andy in these points are the same(in general) ..??and Mr krate in the block strings matter..??
also for Mr Krate..his qcf+c is unsafe but if it done after cl. ;c  ;fd ;b (without the dash follow up) .. it's so hard to punish..it's only  punishable  by Andy's neo max..
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:37:07 PM by Blue Wolf »

psyKOsin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2013, 08:51:56 AM »
My point has always been the unsure part of my team. I've been experimenting with a bunch of different characters and I've come down to 3: Andy, Shen, and Kyo.

What do you guys think is the best option? I'm really digging Andy, but my Shen and Kyo can be just as proficient. What are your guy's opinions on Andy as opposed to the other two (Shen and Kyo)?

The other two members of my team (and these will never change) are Claw Iori and Takuma.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2013, 10:24:21 PM »
I think you're best off with either Andy or Kyo given how much work they can do without meter, and how much meter they build just implementing their standard combos. Both are extremely versatile and dynamic characters but of those two, I'd put Andy on point. Andy can set up a lot of tricky resets midscreen with the Kuuhadan breaks and there's always an opportunity to get around the screen and build meter using A Zaneiken. He can also clutch out some situations going the lame route with fireballs again building meter and keeping people out with his excellent normals.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

guilekerplinski1

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2013, 08:08:12 AM »
I like andy, his hop c and crouching c rock, and i like the fireball, but i play online which lately is pretty fast. And i always get pressured into the corner. And i dont really know sure ways to react. Tonight i was trying to d. b fast or dp + c out of it. I also struggle with hcf +b and breaking it  100%, half the time online i throw a standing b instead. My b+d are set to left trigger, so i hcf b+ left trigger(B+D) I read about the d.b S.b S.c hcb a combo though that is probably gonna be a life saver for me. I got in a really bad habit of over relying on dp, and its very punishable espeically if your predictable with it. How would you guys suggest practicing or best areas to work on andy.

Oktoberfest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2013, 12:39:48 AM »
There are many combo videos for Andy, but nearly each of them lacks the input data.
 I suppose everybody know the HD combo where andy shift from left to right to left etc canceling the dp into db-f all time and keeping the enemy afloat in the air

(For example in the andy combo video from personaworld:

"Andy fighting Ralf: jp C, D xx fA xx BC, D xx fA xx db-f C xx dp C (1 hit) xx db-f C, dp C (1 hit) xx db-f C, dp C (1 hit) xx db-f C, dp C (1 hit) xx hcf K xx BD, qcb-hcf BD xx qcb-hcf AC")

There must be a shortcut or something ?! It is otherwise extremely difficult to input. Could somebody tell me the easiest way to input this HD combo?

KnightKinetik

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2013, 03:15:57 AM »
There are many combo videos for Andy, but nearly each of them lacks the input data.
 I suppose everybody know the HD combo where andy shift from left to right to left etc canceling the dp into db-f all time and keeping the enemy afloat in the air

(For example in the andy combo video from personaworld:

"Andy fighting Ralf: jp C, D xx fA xx BC, D xx fA xx db-f C xx dp C (1 hit) xx db-f C, dp C (1 hit) xx db-f C, dp C (1 hit) xx db-f C, dp C (1 hit) xx hcf K xx BD, qcb-hcf BD xx qcb-hcf AC")

There must be a shortcut or something ?! It is otherwise extremely difficult to input. Could somebody tell me the easiest way to input this HD combo?

2 methods for getting the dp.C xx db-f.C you can try (and see which works best for you);

f,hcf (holding forward at the end) then CC (holding the second C) or... f,db,f (again holding forward at end) then doing CC (again holding on the second C).

Both these involve combining both inputs into a single move motion.

See how you go, good luck :D

Oktoberfest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2013, 03:53:41 PM »
@ KnightKinetik.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I now consistently can do your advised f,hcf (holding forward at the end) then C, but I just input C once and hold it (leniency seems even better in HD mode, dont know why).
It works, but comes out only at 1st hit of the enemy, otherwise just dp comes out.

However, when switching sides in the combo (enemy afloat in the air), although I do the correct & mirrored input either nothing comes out or just a regular dragon punch. Is there a specific timing or input window to it ? Or does hold C negate the follow up input, maybe?
Eventually someone indeed has/could make a input video or something ? it really drives me nuts (checked all over youtube, this specific combo has no inputs shown, even if Bala uses Andy in a few videos).

(holding the second C)

KnightKinetik

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2013, 04:47:41 AM »
Usually for me, If nothing comes out at all I find that I've done the input too early. I don't know what happens when regular dp happens exactly, but I'm sure it's to with the input buffer and what it thinks it has as inputs in it.

I could try to make a input video, but really just focusing on the dp xx db-f part instead of the whole combo you're looking at (it'll also only be vid camera quality as I don't have capture equipment).

Oktoberfest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2013, 11:29:43 AM »
@ Knight Kinetik. Quality is secondary, even vid quality would be much appreciated and it would even contain your clicking button sound for timing. Thanks in advance! :-)

KnightKinetik

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
Here you go man, I hope the inputs are clean enough for you, a few of attempts I remember brain melting and just mashing buttons during hd bypass (luckily I'm pretty sure that stuff didn't make it in :P)

KoFXIII Andy Shoryudan HD Cancel Zaneiken Loop Input Video

Oktoberfest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2013, 06:37:07 AM »
@knightkinetik: holy moly, thanks A LOT! this will definitively help!!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2013, 04:39:40 AM »

Wasted

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2013, 09:00:50 AM »
So....does anyone actually use Andy anymore?