Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Console)  (Read 89477 times)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi (Console)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 02:51:35 AM »
@BioBooster, i've tested a bit with slide hd bypass and cancelling to TnT but it doesn't feel comfortable to me atm. I will have to give it more time though because i'm sure that it is gonna prove usefull.

@FlyMike j.C is probably your best bet if you jump straigth into an opponent in the air as it feels like it covers more vertical space than his jump kicks and it comes out faster than j.D. If you are expecting a jump in a neutral jump D or CD is great (back jump could obviously work aswell, depends on spacing etc)

I use heavy tiger kick all the time. I'm a brave user though so i do throw it out at both times when it is an obviously good choice and whenever i feel like it really. It may be stupid at times but then again, if you don't reversal, who will respect you on wakeup etc? Just gotta try to be smart about it.

The EX version jumps over crouchers close to you, so it's a good tool for getting out of corners though on block it has about as bad recovery as the heavy version so it's sadly a free punish if the opponent stand blocks.

The light version is used in combos mainly so it doesn't nesecarily need another use, but it actually isn't useless for the zoning game. It is good for ranged punishes if you don't think slash kick will be fast enough and if someone jumps and you are spaced correctly you can just tag them on reaction. Problem obviously being that it loses to most normals with good range and will probably trade with others, so you've got to use it when you think your opponent is actually just going to move around/throw out something slow/late or for "psychic" anti airs etc ofc. If you don't feel like using it, it doesn't seem like you're really missing out on much though. I guess its main purpose outside of combos is to scare people hehe. I would recommend using golden heel for preemtive anti airs though as it is more rewarding on hit and safer on block so yeah.. That and slash kick does kind of kill most uses of light tiger kick.

FlyMike

• New Challenger
  • Meatball Sub
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 06:20:09 AM »
@ The Fluke

Thanks for the reply. I ran a good set with my friend today who won an Alabama tourney over the weekend. I was like fuck it and got really random. Not wreckless, as he's too unsafe for that. Just a "brave user" as you say, and was tagging with alot of psychic shit. Light slash kick knocking King and Flame Iori out of the startup of their supers, actually getting some decent AA out of Light Tiger knee for deep jump-ins, and I mostly tried using St. C today from what I read in the thread, it's ok. Heavy Tiger kick was putting in some reversal work today too.

Yea I always jump-in with j.C and if they happen to meet me in the air then it's still all good. Zoning wise, I did have some luck with throwing out a few light Tiger knees, but I'm just so used to them getting stuffed.

I always use Golden Heel for preemptive AAs and auto-pilot light Slash kick as follow-up depending on how it hits. Also for blowbacks, as if its a CH blowback you get the follow-up, but if it's regular hit you're still safe and on top of them.

In short, it just feels like you need a good grasp of fundamentals and spacing to not get blew up with Joe. I'm going for a style completely opposite of the flash that you see in match vids because 1.) my hands don't do all of that shit lol and 2.) you gotta be able to get in safely in order to set all that up. That's why I'm going to start poking more and fishing with st.A. I run Joe on anchor, without the fancy stuff, and it's mainly because I've got an eye for tagging people with NeoMax or setting shit up for that lvl 2 that hurts, which is a big risk outside of combos because you'll get killed for it. Trying to use more Light hurricanes to remain safe in my strings, and rushdown that includes using golden heel as an ender sometimes and going into low strings immediately after hoping for the best. But for the most part I just play my game from midscreen, which is kinda lame for an anchor sitting on all that bar. But Yuri and Maxima get dirty and spaz out enough. If Joe has to come out, imma lame it and fish for scraps lol.
Pimp hand, give me strength...

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 02:33:59 PM »
@The Fluke, although it works, I don't like his bypass off of slide either. If you want to hit low, you can start a c.B s.A f.B bypass combo is the way I look at it. BTW, tested out his other moves on bypass:

Heel - Since the weak one comes out on BC, doesn't combo with anything. Can do BCD to get EX bypass...doesn't combo either.

Tiger Kick (EX too) -  Doesn't combo unless from close weaks, but if you're that close should be using f.B

So conclusion is that bypassing other moves is quite useless with him. Fine with me as he already has a really good bypass.

@FlyMike
Yep, I think Joe can be a pretty good anchor. He's got a lot of outlets for meter. Re:AA I use strong tiger kick when I have enough time, otherwise I may do j.CD which has nice horizontal reach and is fast. Going forward, I  want to test how good his slide is as AA versus jump attacks that are strong to the side.

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 11:24:35 PM »
Has anybody been able to get this combo to work in the corner:

st.C, forward B, ex TnT, tiger kick, TnT, DP?

I have struggling with this and some advice would be fantastic.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 11:00:32 AM »

Ehm.. DP?

I can do s.C, f.B, ex TnT, golden heel, tiger kick, TnT, j.D

I honestly don't know what "DP" is in this case.

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 07:21:19 PM »

Ehm.. DP?

sorry, i will reword it:

st.C, forward B, EX TnT, qcb+k, TnT, tiger kick.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »

Ehm.. DP?

sorry, i will reword it:

Hey there, the key is to do TnT after tiger kick.

So using your example, you can do:
s.C, f.B, EX TnT, TnT finish, (no drive cancel) strong heel, weak tiger kick, TnT, TnT Finish, j.D

Should try this, think it will be much easier than you expect ;)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 01:04:42 AM »
Just because it is pretty hilarious; Joes backwards walking speed is slightly faster than Claw Ioris forward walking speed. You can test it in training mode by setting the select button to make the dummy walk forward. Joe=GDLK RUNAWAY!

Ofcourse it will probably have little to no impact because you won't get away by walking backwards, but still.

*Just tested, it is possible to link s.C after EX Golden Heel
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:00:36 AM by The Fluke »

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 11:12:34 PM »

Ehm.. DP?

sorry, i will reword it:

Hey there, the key is to do TnT after tiger kick.

So using your example, you can do:
s.C, f.B, EX TnT, TnT finish, (no drive cancel) strong heel, weak tiger kick, TnT, TnT Finish, j.D

Should try this, think it will be much easier than you expect ;)

Thanks for clarifying! I was doing tha at first, but i saw haregoro add that tnt in the middle, so i figured it was just me.  Now that its been cleared up... Back to Joe! Haha

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 01:14:05 AM »
kupô

i have hard time to deal with these character Mai/Leona/Iori

can you give me some advices to kill theme

Mai - good zoning with normal,the threat of NeoMAX,very nice air play :-(
Leona - same as Mai with V-Slasher, mix with hop+CD>d.B again and again......
Iori - Crossp b.B, jump B/D, and the normal Iori stuffs

thanks kupô ^0^

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 12:14:50 AM »
I found that joe can link cs.C after EX Golden Heel for juicier damage. It's a pretty nice investment in case of counter/random hit.

Hagaishi

• New Challenger
  • I live for the fight!!
    • View Profile
    • Playfire
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 06:06:14 PM »
Wait a min.....his hard Tiger knee can go though stuff?? And here i am wishing they kept it the same! (Like in KOF 02UM)

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 07:23:20 PM »
I found that joe can link cs.C after EX Golden Heel for juicier damage. It's a pretty nice investment in case of counter/random hit.

Wow, did not know that C would hit after that. I would always use s.A > f.B after EX hit on the ground - that's pretty decent. A shame that for the life of me, could not find any way to combo with EX outside of juggling. Still useful though in the situations you point out above.....wait a sec, I think you can DC it off of hurricane.

Just shut down before that thought, but will give that a try - if it works will have to look at how cost effective that is.

Wait a min.....his hard Tiger knee can go though stuff?? And here i am wishing they kept it the same! (Like in KOF 02UM)

Hard tiger is pretty decent, but maybe not the best for going through stuff consistently. EX Tiger tho....GDLK and crazy damage for an EX move XD

Buriki One

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 11:22:17 PM »
ok adjusting from 98 Joe to XIII joe. I have a couple of questions:

Can golden heel still be used for anti air? If so, what do you get  after youve knocked someone out of the air? In 98 you got a b tiger kick? Also, is B Golden heel safe on block? (ex or regular)

For some odd reason i can do s.C, f+b, hcf+A....what gives?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 02:20:58 PM »
Golden heel can still be used as an AA if done early. Both strengths allow juggles afterwards, but B is hell unsafe on block. Use D heel for that, afterwards you can use EX slash kick to carry them towards the corner for some juggling.

Near the corner you can D heel > tiger kick <DC> screw upper or > tiger kick > tnt punch + finish > jump D, etc.

For some odd reason i can do s.C, f+b, hcf+A....what gives?

^Not sure what you mean?

wait a sec, I think you can DC it off of hurricane.
Damn, that's right, no DC'ing off of hurricane....so no comboing into EX heel for ground combos... oh wells

You can do s.D <delay> f.B > A hurrican <no cancel> EX tnt > continue with fun punishings...for comboing from hurricane which is pretty good if you get the opportunity.

So just tried this which is pretty cool:
1 Stock, No Drive Gauge
(corner)j.D, s.D, (delay) f.B, hcf+A, [AC], qcb+D, dp+B, [A](2~3hits), qcb+A, j.D = 465

@Desmond, could we add this to the wiki? I think it's great damage for 1 meter and no drive and looks cool.