Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Console)  (Read 89493 times)

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
  • my heart beats in blast beats
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi (Console)
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2012, 07:05:43 PM »
The thing with the stun combo is that while you may not be maximising damage, you build almost enough meter to loop it by doing it. Also, if you reset just before stunning your opponent and then land a hit or two after that, you may get to do some 400+ damage for one bar, easily knocking out your current opponent.

I didn't mean ignore the stun combo, just go for these as well when you get an opening.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2012, 11:52:10 PM »
That's fine, whatever works works you know but my point was simply that the stun combo isn't good simply because it deals alot of damage.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2012, 12:13:54 AM »
That's fine, whatever works works you know but my point was simply that the stun combo isn't good simply because it deals alot of damage.

I think you've misunderstood my initial post. I suggest using these in addition to the stun combos as at the point of initiation it covers circumstances where you cannot get into stun or perhaps do not have the meter/don't want to burn it if you know a meterless combo to do that much damage.

Duggish

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2012, 06:37:08 AM »
Nice combos, learned and added to my game...especially the 0/0 corner combo, already added that to use after a successful stun leaves me with little to work with.

Speaking of post stun combos, what are people using afterwards to maximize damage?  Are there any combos that can build up a drive and use it as well?  What do people use with 1 bar?  with 2?  What about resets?

Been playing around with the various starters and fun style variants but if anyone knows whats optimal, I'd love to know. 

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2012, 07:30:02 AM »

I think you've misunderstood my initial post. I suggest using these in addition to the stun combos as at the point of initiation it covers circumstances where you cannot get into stun or perhaps do not have the meter/don't want to burn it if you know a meterless combo to do that much damage.

I get what you where saying and the meterless combos are ofcourse great, i do not argue that at all. It's just that most of the time, Joe would, in my opinion, be better off using a stun combo instead of using an HD combo. And as i said previously whatever works works. There are times when you land a hit and your only option is to go for HD or so so midscreen damage because you are either too far from the wall or you're just uncertain.

@Duggish After scoring a stun i start the combo with s.D f.B hcf.A AC*4 (i think you just need to hit the button three times but i don't want to mess with muscle memory) since damage scaling at this point should be at its peak, the EX tnt punches that allways do pretty good damage but cause alot of scaling should now be the single strongest special move you could use that also launches perfectly for followups. Typically after EX tnt you would want to use qcb.D tnt srk.B tnt j.D. If you're comfortable with it you can cancel the last tnt into a screw upper for extra damage at the end aswell.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2012, 11:46:08 PM »
Ok, figured out the damage on the HD combo and there's a better one >_<

j.C s.C f.B hd s.C PP qcb.P dc hcf.D dc dp.B, PPP qcb.P dc qcb.D, hcf.B dc hcf.A dc qcfqcf.A dc qcfqcfBD

878 damage, 3 meter, 100% hd.
So for those capitalising on every hit there you go. Works anywhere on screen as far as I can tell.

Duggish

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2012, 09:23:40 PM »
@fluke - nice, good point about the scaling...thanks.  and yes i'm comfy with the upper so i guess ill see how much damage that nets me guaranteed, to use if it will ko

any word on joe frame data?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »
No Joe frames yet... will post those when keykakko captures them.

So had been away from Joe for quite some time beefing up other chrs.

Finally came back to him today as it had always bothered me that I didn't have a full screen HD at a cost I could swallow - FINALLY come up with one. This is a result of getting crazy razzed at how unstable the slide > hcf+D pinball combo is when practicing it today.

1 stock minimum

Truly full screen, you can be pressed up into the corner.

(own corner)
j.D, s.C, f.B, [HD]s.C, f.B, hcf+Bi,ii, [HDC]dp+BD, [HDC]qcb+D, hcf+Biii, [DC]{dp+B, [HDC]qcb+D}x2, dp+B, [SC]qcfx2+BD (and if you have enough stock left for NM) = 865

i - wait a split second during slash if truly in the corner
ii - 880 dmg if using hcf+D instead (timing becomes tighter for next slash)
iii - if you think you are still too far away (started w d.B, s.A, f.B pressed up in corner), you can recover by DC'ing into hcf+BD off of hcf+B

Other than stun (meter giving and difficulty goes against my grain), feeling a lot better about my Joe as his most glaring weakness for me is gone.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:45:53 PM by BioBooster »

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2012, 05:58:13 PM »
Sorry completely forgot to post a 919 full screen 3 bar one I've been doing a while, works, again from your back against the wall and nose to nose with your opponent.

j.C s.C f.B hd s.C df.B (slight delay) hcf.D [dc dp.B dc hcf.D]*2 dc hcf.A dc qcfqcf.A dc qcfqcf.BD

You have to wait until the dm has finished hitting to max cancel, otherwise the neomax eats the hits. You only get an extra 30 damage off an ex dm so I don't think its really worth it.

Just delay the cancel off the slide a little or you need to do another (more showboaty) combo which is no doubt the pinball biobooster is on about. A little practice and its probably the easiest combo Joe has.

Its really easy to confirm off of s.A c.B s.A f.B instead of the jump in too, step kick's hitstun is ridiculous. In that case you're looking at 818. No modification required.

For those that do care (personally does not bother me a jot):
It builds your opponent about 1.7 meter and 70% drive too.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:44:05 PM by raisedbyfinches »

Duggish

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2012, 09:20:53 PM »
thanks Bio, patiently waiting for the data =]

so with the stun combo, i'm having difficulty consistently landing the final kick for stun...the only spot where I'm not 100% confident in my execution of said combo is the mashing punches @ the end, I notice that sometimes the opponent is launched to the top of the screen, while other times they remain lower.  Even if they go up higher, I can still sometimes get the hit, while when they're lower I might miss.  What can i do to tighten up the end of the combo? 

I'm currently very solid with the instant cancel version of the punches, and feel like this must just be a timing thing with the extra hits +ender before the j.D

Any help is appreciated, it's frustrating to have the rest of the combo and various starters down comfortably, while the final piece to tie it all together is missing...thanks

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2012, 09:27:28 PM »
I find its easier and iirc you get more damage for doing the cancel as the last bounce is hitting, as opposed to them popping up and come back down onto it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:14:37 AM by raisedbyfinches »

Fadedsun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2012, 10:41:06 PM »
In doing Joe's stun combo. When do I start executing his multiple punches? I'm using the technique mentioned on the last page  ;c ;c ;dn ;db ;bk ;c ;c, but I can't seem to figure when to start pressing it after doing the LK DP. Sometimes I'll get it out of sheer luck, or I'll just miss completely. Is it possible for someone to upload a video of the combo with inputs so it's easy to see when exactly to press it?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2012, 11:49:03 PM »
I start inputing the rapid punches after the second hit of B tiger kick and keep the last button pressed to get it to activate properly on the correct frame. I input the rapid punches quickly so this is what makes sense to me.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2012, 12:09:11 AM »
Balas stun combo video has the inputs on.
I do the same as the fluke but I double double tap.

Fadedsun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2012, 02:08:33 AM »
Thanks, guys. I'm going to hit up practice mode and see if I can do it. I didn't think to hold down the last button. Can someone direct me to Bala's video of the stun combo? I don't know his youtube channel.

That tip about starting right when the second hit of the DP starts REALLY helped me out a lot, so thanks for that tip. I'm starting to get it! Now comes the part of consistently doing it and getting the DC after the finisher.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:00:58 AM by Fadedsun »