Author Topic: Kim Kaphwan (Console)  (Read 61032 times)

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Kim Kaphwan (Console)
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2012, 12:32:19 AM »
It was a long time coming, but I'm finally starting to hit confirm into the finisher consistently against random guard in practice, both sides. I've gotten BnB's for Kim and King down, and a good King HD combo. So after I get a Kim HD combo down, the only character I need to practice that I want as a main is Shen.

Still feel rather inexperienced in regards to playing against actual players, but I'm not having nearly as much trouble as I had with inputs. Can't wait to start kicking some teeth in with Kim :)

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »
dunno if this was discussed, but when using st.D, the answer against it is for the opponent to use a crouching mid attack. ala cr.A, cr.C.

so just going nuts with st.D will get you killed against a good player.
but the answer against that?

i think the best ones are st.B and qcb+B.

st.B you can just throw out ff+A and hope it connects.
qcb+B you can link into D flashkick in the corner (gotta space this kinda far to not get stuffed)

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2012, 07:58:35 PM »
I'm too lazy to make the answer this question deserve =_=
I'll try to make a long story short :
The far D is an amazing tool but you need to affraid your opponent with frame traps to use it effectively.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2012, 12:03:05 AM »
i was thinking up of something to utilize for kim's air ex hangetsuzan.

can you guys help come up with a list of anti air's that it could beat/avoid?

obv it can beat DP's and regular normal antiairs,
but will it beat things like shen's super saiyan activation? or ash's sans coulette?

please let me know if anyone has any findings. i will try to find time to test some of these things myself.

if it can go through these instant anti air supers, kim will be considered broken lol. it'd be too easy to bait
and if it can't exactly beat/go through these supers/anti airs, i'm sure the cross up setup into doing an ex air hangetsuzan will help u get out of the way of these things and make ur opponent waste meter.

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2012, 01:14:41 AM »

but will it beat things like shen's super saiyan activation? or ash's sans coulette?

please let me know if anyone has any findings. i will try to find time to test some of these things myself.

if it can go through these instant anti air supers, kim will be considered broken lol. it'd be too easy to bait
and if it can't exactly beat/go through these supers/anti airs, i'm sure the cross up setup into doing an ex air hangetsuzan will help u get out of the way of these things and make ur opponent waste meter.
Well, I don't really know about Shen's Saiyan super o Bionic arm for that matter. I've seen kKim's air EX go through Hwa's EX Dragon spear from startup, so it beats it every time, and taking this into account that Hwa's invincible frames are at startup which it's pretty much halfway the whole super and Shen's Saiyan super has bery little active frames, I'm pretty sure it'll go through. Because the invincibility on the air EX is not subjected to projectiles or physical attacks, hence it'll go through anything if in the invincibility stage.

Grublet

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2012, 08:57:46 AM »

It beats Shen's saiyan super for sure, and it can beat Ash's sans coulette. You have to do the air ex hangetsuzan around the same time that Ash activates sans coulette. It also beats some other interesting moves like Saiki's anti-air super, EX orochinagi from 13 Kyo, King's EX super, and Hwa's ex super(you have to do air ex hangetsuzan around the same time he supers). There are only a few moves that i've tested that ex air hangetsuzan will lose to. Hwa's Neomax, Mr. Karate EX Ranbu(this has a chance to go under though), and Athena's anti-air super.

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2012, 09:03:27 AM »
Yep, athenas DM as well as EX DM will stop Kim always. What will also stop ot os Raydems fully charged drp kick, it will either stop it or go through it.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »
I'm picking up Kim and I find him a lot of fun, atm. One thing I've noticed other Kim players do is that they can run up and do his flash kick special. How exactly do you do this?

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »
after the run  ;fd ;fd you hold  ;df to cancel the run and the charge become available, it's work from previous kof and lot of games like cvs2

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2012, 02:12:16 AM »

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2012, 03:05:55 AM »
Way too many bars though, glad it's the arcade version.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2012, 12:40:14 AM »
^How do you know that?

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2012, 12:45:40 AM »
3 stock HD neomax consumption
Every time you HD cancel, the HD bar is not "cut" it just consumes at a quicker pace
Flash kick has longer recovery
DM has slower startup

And last but not least "Insert coin" on top.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2012, 12:47:10 AM »
And last but not least "Insert coin" on top.

Eh heh heh...

Since you think this combo's not very effective, could you tell me how it could be better in console?

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2012, 09:22:07 PM »
A more easy hint, is the window frame. On arcade training is way more small than one into console version :) give it a look.