Author Topic: Raiden (Console)  (Read 48664 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Raiden (Console)
« on: December 06, 2011, 05:18:07 AM »

Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Special Moves
Poison Mist - ;qcb + ;a / ;c *

Raiden Bomb - ;dp + ;a / ;c

Head Crusher - ;hcf + ;b / ;d (Close) *

Giant Bomb - (charge) ;db, ;fd + ;a / ;c
    ∟ ;a ;b (for feint)

DropKick - (charge) ;b / ;d ,release

Desperation Moves
Super Raiden Drop - ;hcb x2 + ;a / ;c (close)

Crazy Train Lariatoooo - ;qcf ;qcf + ;a / ;c

Neomax
Raiden Bomber - ;qcf ;qcf + ;b ;d

Raiden's Wiki entry.

Console changes:
- (shown in video) Weak Poison Breath has less lag. When it hits you can followup with his command throw
- Adjustments to Super Drop Kick (lol)
* Charge times have been increased.
* Invincibility removed
* Guard crush ability has been reduced
* Can no longer be connected after a guard cancel attack
* Knocks the opponent away.
- Jump D’s hitbox has been strengthened to hit downwards. It should whiff less often on short opponents
- (shown in video) Giant Bomb (feint) has less recovery
- EX Raiden Bomb’s forward travel distance has been reduced.
- (shown in video) Raiden Bomber now has complete invincibility.

Producer Yamamoto says: Although Super Dropkick has been weakened, shorter recovery on Giant Bomb Feint allows him to be played more trickily. With the improvement to his jump HK {j.D}, he has reliable attacks from the air leading to greater attack possibilities. Worthy of special mention, complete invincibility on Raiden Bomber means no more awkward looking trades.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:28:18 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Raiden (Console)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 05:18:18 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:28:31 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 05:18:25 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:28:43 PM by nilcam »

Tofu Warrior

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:51:31 AM »
Which button configuration do most of you prefer? I find charging the D Drop kick, while leaving the rest of my fingers free, to be very awkward with the standard config.

CCVengeance

• New Challenger
  • Looking for offline play
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 01:04:55 AM »
Which button configuration do most of you prefer? I find charging the D Drop kick, while leaving the rest of my fingers free, to be very awkward with the standard config.
I use standard because it feels pretty natural.
anyway, where can I find Raiden console combos?
KOFXIII team: Team Japan as of 2013

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 10:40:10 PM »
hints to do giant bomb into ex giant bomb ? i cant get the time :(

Tofu Warrior

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 11:15:59 PM »
This is my HD Mode BnB, it does 807 damage for only 2 bars. The best part about it is you don't need to have already charged Drop Kicks to perform it. Most importantly, whenever you do a Drop Kick during this combo, release the button and hold it again immediately to begin charging another one.

J.;d (hold), cl.;c,  ;b ;c (hold B), cl.;c xx EX Poison Breath, EX Giant Bomb, ;d-Drop Kick, DC, ;c-Giant Bomb, ;b-Drop Kick, DC, ;c-Giant Bomb, DC, ;c-Poison Breath, ;a-Giant Bomb, ;d-Drop Kick, DC, ;c-Giant Bomb, ;b-Drop Kick, DC, ;c-Poison Breath,  ;fd ;dn ;df + ;c

Instead of going for the Raiden Bomb ender, you can reset them with a jab, then go for a mix up. I like to charge a ;b-Drop Kick, then when they land, do cl.;d xx Drop Kick.

You have to use a technique called charge buffering. Charge ;db, then go to ;fd, then quickly snap to ;db and press ;a or ;c. If you do it properly, you'll see Raiden perform his Giant Bomb while you're holding down back. The point where you can drive cancel Giant Bomb is fairly late in the move, so just wait a second, then do  ;fd+  ;a ;c. In order to do the HD Mode combo I posted above, you need to charge buffer every Giant Bomb.

SoundlessADVIII

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 12:00:56 AM »
I was wondering about the giant bomb into the ex giant bomb as well but I see my question has been answered.
ParryFiend

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 12:03:47 AM »
This is my HD Mode BnB, it does 807 damage for only 2 bars. The best part about it is you don't need to have already charged Drop Kicks to perform it. Most importantly, whenever you do a Drop Kick during this combo, release the button and hold it again immediately to begin charging another one.

J.;d (hold), cl.;c,  ;b ;c (hold B), cl.;c xx EX Poison Breath, EX Giant Bomb, ;d-Drop Kick, DC, ;c-Giant Bomb, ;b-Drop Kick, DC, ;c-Giant Bomb, DC, ;c-Poison Breath, ;a-Giant Bomb, ;d-Drop Kick, DC, ;c-Giant Bomb, ;b-Drop Kick, DC, ;c-Poison Breath,  ;fd ;dn ;df + ;c

Instead of going for the Raiden Bomb ender, you can reset them with a jab, then go for a mix up. I like to charge a ;b-Drop Kick, then when they land, do cl.;d xx Drop Kick.

You have to use a technique called charge buffering. Charge ;db, then go to ;fd, then quickly snap to ;db and press ;a or ;c. If you do it properly, you'll see Raiden perform his Giant Bomb while you're holding down back. The point where you can drive cancel Giant Bomb is fairly late in the move, so just wait a second, then do  ;fd+  ;a ;c. In order to do the HD Mode combo I posted above, you need to charge buffer every Giant Bomb.

this has sense. thanks for the hint tofu ;)

SoundlessADVIII

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 08:20:45 AM »
I'm able to do it with no problems now. Just having a hard time doing it after the ex poison mist in trial mode.
ParryFiend

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 04:07:39 PM »
Raiden combo, similar to the one in trial mode
kof 13 raiden 953dmg combo

kof 13 raiden 865dmg combo
I tried your combo Tofu , but it was too mind boggling getting the right button press and releases in order. I came up with a simpler combo, it does a little more damage but yours is definitely a better looking combo.

Tofu Warrior

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 09:14:48 AM »
Your combos are ridiculously awesome Lindseyboi, thank you for posting them! :D Raiden needed practical and economical HD combos in the corner and now he has them. For an easier hit confirm after the cross up splash, you could replace cr.;c, HD, cr.;c with cr.;b x2, HD, cr.;b, but you'd lose out on damage.

The combo I posted a few weeks ago doesn't work if you're too far away from a corner; I have a new one that carries to the wall a lot better, I'll transcribe it quickly:

J. D, cl.C, HD, cl. C xx EX Mist, A-Giant Bomb, D-Drop Kick (DC) C-Giant Bomb, B-Drop Kick (DC) EX Giant Bomb, A-Giant Bomb, D-Drop Kick (DC) C-Giant Bomb, B-Drop Kick (DC) C-Giant Bomb (DC) C-Poison Mist, C-Air Grab

Also here's my corner combo for one meter + half drive, it does 518. You don't need to start in the corner, but the EX Giant Bomb has to take you there for it to work. You can start this combo off cr. B, cr. A, but you need to have a Drop Kick already charged for it to work.

J.D, cr. B, cr. A xx EX Giant Bomb (DC) C-Poison Mist, A-Giant Bomb, D-Drop Kick, C-Air Grab.

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 12:59:28 PM »
nice Tofu. I can only do 3 loops of his , 4 is just beyond my reach lol.

I tried to do cr C, charge feint, cr C. I dont know if this would connect or am I  just slow , because if it could , it would increase Raiden's output damage by a whole lot.

Tofu Warrior

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 07:38:40 PM »
Unfortunately it doesn't combo, but it's a really good frame trap/pressure string.

I was practicing your 2 bar HD combo and I managed to squeeze a little bit more damage out of it:

J.D, cr. C, HD, cr.C xx EX Giant Bomb (DC) C-Mist, A-Giant Bomb, D-Drop Kick (DC) C-Giant Bomb, B-Drop Kick (DC) C-Giant Bomb (DC) EX Giant Bomb, A-Giant Bomb, D-Drop Kick (DC) C-Giant Bomb, B-Drop Kick, C-Airgrab

It does 876, but it involves 4 drop kicks.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:40:20 PM by Tofu Warrior »

Shaman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 01:55:23 PM »
How do you manage to do trial 5 with Raiden ? I have troubles doing  ;db ~ ;fd ;a DC  ;db;fd EX, not enough time to charge the EX version. Is there a trick to use the same charge for both moves ? Like sometimes i get a moon slasher A DC moon slasher EX with Leona.