Author Topic: Raiden (Console)  (Read 48663 times)

Splurgendii

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Raiden (Console)
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2013, 05:13:55 AM »
You've got it backwards. It's saying both tackles can be punished BY Kyo's st.b

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

ah
good call, ty

Splurgendii

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Raiden (Console)
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2013, 05:16:26 AM »
well as of this point, i still haven't quite found out the answer for the problem above

But i found an interesting counter hit CD combo today, lots of damage and pretty simple to do
2 bars + 1 Drive
works off of neutral and forward jump

Counter hit CD
Ex Tackle... Ex Tackle [DC] C spit
A tackle xx B Drop Kick ... air throw

does over 600 damage iirc and pretty simple to do
Great conversion off a simple counter hit if you ask me
Yes that combo can be done from full screen... You have to land the first shoulder charge pretty low... Then you can just link another ex shoulder mid-screen... The combo you posted charges SDK after the j.C+D...

However, if you have lvl3/4 B SDK charged then you can get 785 damage without spending a drive...

j.C+D, ex shoulder, ex shoulder, lvl3 B SDK, a shoulder, D SDK, air throw... (also travels full screen)

Since there isn't a "like" button on this site, I'll tell you myself: Good stuff!
why not make a combo dedicated thread?

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2013, 03:38:26 PM »
Oh I'm working on updating his wiki... Also working on a full combo list based on different dropkick charges... I posted up a bit of the stuff I got so far in his wiki thread... So far best combo I got without HD is...

(lvl3/4 B SDK required, works from 75% screen away) (2-3 meters + 1 drive)
CH j.C+D, j.C+D (charge D), lvl4 B SDK (charge B), (d/b~f+AC)x2-3, lvl1 D SDK, qcb+C, d/b~f+A, lvl1 B SDK, dp+A = 886-995 dmg

If you are half screen away then you can just do the same combo from ANY air-air... If you are about 35% screen away then you can do this combo from an anti-air s.A or sweep/cr.D...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:29:04 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »
I like what you wrote in the Gameplay Overview section! Much better than the crap that was there before, lol. Thanks man, keep it coming, good job!
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php/Raiden_(XIII)#Gameplay_Overview
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2013, 09:34:49 PM »
LOL thanks... Ya I believe it wasn't touched since the arcade days... I'll work on updating more of it... I'm still learning him... Didn't even know that his Crazy Train DM was invincible, recently found out while playing so i added it...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Mik

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2014, 02:12:01 PM »
I'm sorry to necro the thread, but it seems like the best place to ask is here. I'm having problems against Raiden, mainly fighting against his jumping  ;dn  ;d attack.
I can counter it if i jump early enough, but for the most part, especially if I'm crouching at the moment, I get hit easily, which then leads to the combo ending with head crusher. Using crouching B as anti-air doesn't work for the most part. But even when standing and blocking, I have a hard time punishing the move, it feels like it even has more priority than Kyo's jumping  ;dn ;c.
So, my question is, are there any normals that can beat the move? Or are there any tactics I can use on the ground against it? I play Terry/Leona/Takuma/Mr.Karate.

obiiwan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »
I'm about to put Raiden im my team, since he's so fun to play. But I'm not willing to change my button layout heavily just for one character. I'm using a 6 face-button joypad with two shoulder buttons (and I really need my right shoulder button for the LK+HP macro). I was wondering, does anyone charge his kicks with LK+HK macro in a way that when you're about to release one of the kicks, you switch your charge from holding the macro holding both kicks each button held separately??
In a way, it sounds really weird, but if mastered, this could be a pretty nice method IMO.

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2015, 09:41:19 PM »
So did anything else pop up for Raiden since last year? I feel there should be a lot more discussion on him, especially with all the new stuff through videos and other misc info on the internet. Did anybody even discuss his ground neutral or what you should be doing at all?