Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Arcade Version)  (Read 42233 times)

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2011, 03:43:50 PM »
and i was wondering what was the highest HD combo the did in the corner without drink pink i was able to get 776

In the corner, it really depends on your starter and how much meter you actually want to spend. HD activate + 2 bars, I was able to get 906. With 4 bars, 1023.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2011, 09:14:13 PM »
and i was wondering what was the highest HD combo the did in the corner without drink pink i was able to get 776

In the corner, it really depends on your starter and how much meter you actually want to spend. HD activate + 2 bars, I was able to get 906. With 4 bars, 1023.
wow thats god like ill find a way to make mines better (i feel so small :()

Random Note:

Well, he can use qcb+ B midscreen to combo afer reaching the ground. It has a "sweet spot" where it works best. It seems to work best for me, at the height of a hop, allowing you to convert quick jumps into combos without having to start the "decend" portion of the hop, which is pretty snazzy.
i dont really get wha chu mean by this do u mean to start up a combo or to keep presser on them

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2011, 10:16:40 PM »
i dont really get wha chu mean by this do u mean to start up a combo or to keep presser on them

I actually mean both ;) Hwa can alter his trajectory with his Air Dragon Tail, or Dragon Whip. Most characters have to wait to a certain time in a jump / hop, to do their attack, and actually land on the ground in time to combo. But since Hwa has specials which mave short enough startup + enough hitstun to leave them open after hitting, he can combo from a jump normal into a special, and continue the combo once he reaches the ground.

So, in the corner, you could do something like this: Hop and hit with a high D as early as you can, then instantly use DP+B for downwards Dragon Kick. Once you land, quickly qcf+A to juggle, and then do your EX Dragon Dance DM. Easy Combos for 360 ~ 50% Damage :)

Not to mention you could also go HD mode in mid-air with the first normal hit, and then combo them into oblivion with the HD cancel combo of your choice:)

Air Dragon Tail seems totally safe in blockstrings this way, Dragon kick seems mostly safe outside corners, probably not in corners, as it'll leave you recovering in throw range...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:19:06 PM by SAB-CA »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »
I c I c so air dp A isnt safe cause u can get thrown rite

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2011, 05:28:09 PM »

-nod- Yup, seems that way.

Ok, I have to clear up a bit with more testing:

Jumping B is weird. I've got it to cancel into dp+B a few times, but normally, nope. Hops, or full jumps, it rarely cancels.

My commentary on using qcb+B to change air momentum is slightly off. He DOES need to start the "decend" portion of a jump for (Air normal -> qcb+B) to combo, or be safe on block. Otherwise, he hits the ground too late. This can be useful for Dragonbreaker kick throwing / invincibility frame trap, but it's risky.

(Air Normal -> dp+B), however, works just as said. It's easier to combo off of if you're closer to the ground, but you can always land something after it in corner, and you CAN get DM or EXDM Dragon Dance off it, midscreen, if you're fast enough.

On smaller characters, it's hard to land a close D -> qcb+D crossup. But you can sometimes land a crossup with grounded qcb+b on them, as Hwa will leap right over them, and hit them with his heel.

(qcf+B on block -> Crouch D), or any quick move of choice, seems to be a nice frametrap. Similiar in use to how Ralf can get quick mixups off his qcf+c on block. If you think they'll sweep you, go for his CD, as it hops lows, and then punish accordingly VS the counterhit, with the followup of your choice.
----

As a note, I wonder why the cancel timing between Dragon Breaker -> MAX Cancel Final Dragon Kick is so odd? Most things in this game work on a "on final hit" style timer, but this cancel seems to be "right after final hit" style.

At any rate, I still need to tighten up my play with him, but overall, Hwa feels very strong in this game. C DragonBackbreakaa has insane invincibility, it's like a perfected version of Vice's old QCFx2 DM and Clark's Running 3, rolled into one move. With the B version as a 1 frame grapple, and all the crazy stuff Hwa can do to leave himself right in your face for mixups, and a way to hop over lows and get solid damage afterwards, plus solid drive cancel combos... and you have a real monster when used correctly.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2011, 12:32:02 AM »

-nod- Yup, seems that way.

Jumping B is weird. I've got it to cancel into dp+B a few times, but normally, nope. Hops, or full jumps, it rarely cancels.

On smaller characters, it's hard to land a close D -> qcb+D crossup. But you can sometimes land a crossup with grounded qcb+b on them, as Hwa will leap right over them, and hit them with his heel.

(qcf+B on block -> Crouch D), or any quick move of choice, seems to be a nice frametrap. Similiar in use to how Ralf can get quick mixups off his qcf+c on block. If you think they'll sweep you, go for his CD, as it hops lows, and then punish accordingly VS the counterhit, with the followup of your choice.

maybe with jump B u have to whiff it cause that has happen 2 me once or twice

close D into qcb D dont the oppenet have to be crouching i always use df B, qcb D. but what im trying to do is cross up with air qcb B on wake up when it comes to smaller characters

do u mean qcb B