Author Topic: King (Console)  (Read 64014 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: King (Console)
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »
Connecting as in doing it in time?

Hold the attack button down after doing the move, the game will repeat the input for a few frames for you. So you can input the move early, hold the button down and King will do the super the moment she recovers from her previous move.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 05:53:55 PM »
How meter dependent would you say King is? I'm considering replacing Kensou with her instead.

I don't have much experience with fighting games, but I've found that King doesn't really use up all that much meter. A lot of the time I just use her as a battery.

I think the problem with using King as a battery, is that she doesn't build meter very well.  Chances are, you're going to be shooting a lot of venom strikes, which only build meter on hit/block, and even then its very small.  If you're getting in and getting small combos, etc, then yeah, she builds meter ok, but I feel like she definitely benefits more from coming in behind somebody who has already built up some meter for her to use. 
Like a number of other guys said, if she gets put in the corner early in the match and doesn't have meter to escape, then the only way shes going to be playing battery is gaining the meter she gets from being killed.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 08:28:25 PM »
by the way, I've been wondering...does King have any weird normal links, like Iori's cl.B, cl.C or Mai's cr.A, cr.C?  I didn't notice any in her trials.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

LoyalSol

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 07:24:14 AM »
Potential King Corner mix up.

Forward Throw > Roll.

You can control which side you land on, ambiguous as all hell, and you recover first so it is generally safe.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 07:20:14 PM »
http://logicfighter.com/2012/03/06/maxmode_002/

Here's a character analysis coming from Sparkster. Might be useful so I decided to share it.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 06:13:32 PM »
What's the max damage you guys have gotten from her raw neomax? Mine is 540.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:16:16 PM by Diavle »

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 01:27:25 AM »
540? How? I barely break 350.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 04:31:10 AM »
What's the max damage you guys have gotten from her raw neomax? Mine is 540.

I remember getting 18 hits...is that 540?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 07:03:11 AM »
King helped me win my first local KOFXIII tournament earlier today.

Regarding the Neomax, I would get different damage values depending on the distance I performed it away from the opponent.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:07:57 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »
^Congrats man.

540? How? I barely break 350.

Depends on how close and high you are, if you do it while close and on the ground then the damage is usually 300 something.

Not sure how to get 540 consistently but jumping at the opponent and doing it somewhere over their head often results in 510, or close to it.

I remember getting 18 hits...is that 540?

Looks like it, based on the wiki hit stats.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:06:54 PM by Diavle »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2012, 01:06:07 AM »
Good stuff Des, King's a very solid character.

Depends on how close and high you are, if you do it while close and on the ground then the damage is usually 300 something.

If you're first player, jump and hit the NM at roughly 10-11 o'clock and you'll get 18 hits IIRC.

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 10:20:10 AM »
Either way her Neomax isn't that great. I don't think I've ever used it in a real match.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 02:01:23 PM »
agree... I only use it when (for auto pilot error) activate HD in mid screen and so after tornado I don't know what to do :\ and scale damage (or didn't take all hit don't know) like hell.

jfatx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 12:02:59 AM »
I was curious, what are King's most reliable (and meter efficient) ways to get mid-screen damage? It seems to me that she can only do anything significant if you end a combo with EX Trap Shot, Double Strike, or Surprise Rose. I realize that King is not a damage dealing character, but it would be nice to get as much as I can per opportunity.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 12:21:13 AM »
I was curious, what are King's most reliable (and meter efficient) ways to get mid-screen damage? It seems to me that she can only do anything significant if you end a combo with EX Trap Shot, Double Strike, or Surprise Rose. I realize that King is not a damage dealing character, but it would be nice to get as much as I can per opportunity.

I usually use cr.Bx2, st.B, df+D into hcb+B, then you can reset with s.C or s.B. Yeah, I agree her damage isn't great, but at least you can knock them to the ground (which isn't techable). If you land a throw, try to cross them up with J.D (after a short) or empty jump in front of them with a low attack or another throw, etc.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."