Author Topic: King (Console)  (Read 64004 times)

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
Re: King (Console)
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »
I haven't been working too actively on uses for King's Neomax, but I'll get around to it some more in August and try to document the useful punishes. Tried some punishes out against Kim again last night. Seems the most valuable ones are against blockstrings ending in stand B (almost always 15 hits) and ground EX Hangetsuzan (almost always 16 hits regardless of distance! Woo!).
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2013, 06:35:18 PM »
^ That would be very useful. I think we talked about this earlier in this thread. But I will jot down some punishes as well.

Do you think it's economically worth it (meter concerns) to punish with a NeoMax, though?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2013, 11:00:34 PM »
I'm fine with it if 1) it has the opportunity to end the round, and 2) can legitimately serve as a deterrent to doing something. After all some people get great use out of Neomaxes (Mai, Kyo, Benimaru come to mind) simply because it prevents actions or movement.

The other thing that appeals to me is it has the ability to punish moves no one else can punish. Do you know how how many people would kill for a chance to punish EX Hangetsuzan? That's enough reason for me to look into it.
FB|Twitter

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2013, 06:50:11 AM »
Btw man, this is something I caught in the wiki that I deleted because it sounds fishy and when testing it, didn't work for me.

"Superflash/timefreeze does not occur until the peak of the jump, and therefore can be interrupted before the move executes. If interrupted in this way, no meter is spent"

????
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »
Btw man, this is something I caught in the wiki that I deleted because it sounds fishy and when testing it, didn't work for me.

"Superflash/timefreeze does not occur until the peak of the jump, and therefore can be interrupted before the move executes. If interrupted in this way, no meter is spent"

????

That doesn't sound right to me at all. Maybe that statement was true in the arcade version and the wiki never got updated?
FB|Twitter

Asica604

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2013, 12:45:38 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a KOF newbie and recently picked up King (to replace Athena).

Anyways a quick execution question regarding her HD combos. The following example is from the wiki:
j.C, cl.D, df+D [HD] cl.D, [dp+K, [HDC] hcb+B]×4, hcb+D, qcfx2+AC = 689 dmg

I can get this combo up until the HCB+D; I can't see to land it after a HCB+B. Any tips here? Is it any type of cancel, or just a normal corner juggle? It either doesn't seem to come out at all, or comes out too late and whiffs. I'm also struggling at just landing a naked (HD mode) HCB+D, Ex Surprise Rose. Can I buffer the QCF while she's in the air, or it all has to be done once her feet land?

Any help appreciated here guys. I was pretty pumped when I reached my first milestone (landing 4 HDC in a row). So I'm keen to get the rest of it down so I actually have a HD-capable character :)

mechanica

• New Challenger
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2013, 12:59:13 PM »
The hcb+B, hcb+D is a link, but it only works when you're canceling into hcb+B from trap shot (dp+kick). Do the motion early and when you press the button, hold it down. When you hold the button down on special move links, it repeats the inputs for you and you don't have to time it.

Just go practice dp+K (or EX) into hcb+B, hcb+D, qcf qcf+AC in the corner. Do the motion early and hold the button down.
http://www.youtube.com/pantailamon
(check out the safejump playlist!)

Asica604

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2013, 01:08:02 PM »
The hcb+B, hcb+D is a link, but it only works when you're canceling into hcb+B from trap shot (dp+kick). Do the motion early and when you press the button, hold it down. When you hold the button down on special move links, it repeats the inputs for you and you don't have to time it.

Just go practice dp+K (or EX) into hcb+B, hcb+D, qcf qcf+AC in the corner. Do the motion early and hold the button down.

Thanks for the reply mechanica. To clarify:
DP+K [HDC] HCB+B (then enter HCB+D early and hold D)?

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2013, 11:24:33 AM »

Thanks for the reply mechanica. To clarify:
DP+K [HDC] HCB+B (then enter HCB+D early and hold D)?

That's right. Holding D guarantees you that hcb+D will be executed. Double-tap works as well.

Chrome Homura

• New Challenger
  • With these eyes, I can't lose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2013, 07:05:24 PM »
I have kind of an odd question, not sure if this is the right place for it really...

I was watching Juicebox's stream a few weeks ago and someone said in the chat that there's a King stun combo... and that it involves a metric assload of 1f links or something. When I asked where this combo could be seen being performed, he said it was in one of the community combo vids somewhere, apparently in one focused on stun combos. However, I could not locate such a video, none of the ones I found were focused on stun combos (within the "Community combo movie" videos I saw there were some stun setups, but no videos wherein all the combos were stun setups, let alone a video containing a King stun combo)

Was this guy just trolling hard, or is there actually a stun combo with King? When I ask myself how exactly King's moveset and combo routes could possibly proceed in such a way as to form a stun combo, nothing really adds up in my head so I assume it's impossible. Thus, if there were one there'd have to be something new for me to learn about her in order for me to understand it, so I'm kind of curious as to whether it's true or not.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:07:30 PM by Chrome Homura »
Shen's is the Cr.C that pierces the heavens...

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »
I have kind of an odd question, not sure if this is the right place for it really...

I was watching Juicebox's stream a few weeks ago and someone said in the chat that there's a King stun combo... and that it involves a metric assload of 1f links or something. When I asked where this combo could be seen being performed, he said it was in one of the community combo vids somewhere, apparently in one focused on stun combos. However, I could not locate such a video, none of the ones I found were focused on stun combos (within the "Community combo movie" videos I saw there were some stun setups, but no videos wherein all the combos were stun setups, let alone a video containing a King stun combo)

Was this guy just trolling hard, or is there actually a stun combo with King? When I ask myself how exactly King's moveset and combo routes could possibly proceed in such a way as to form a stun combo, nothing really adds up in my head so I assume it's impossible. Thus, if there were one there'd have to be something new for me to learn about her in order for me to understand it, so I'm kind of curious as to whether it's true or not.

TBH I haven't seen it myself yet at all or heard of one but I'm sure it's possible, whether or not it's practical is a point I'm not too sure of.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Chrome Homura

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2013, 09:18:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm fairly certain if it exists there's not really much point to being able to do it outside of having access to ultimate swag power, as it's likely either impossible to execute/not enough damage for the meter requirements, or both of those things. As I said though, mainly I'm curious because my knowledge of her moveset necessitates that it must involve something I wasn't already aware she could do, and that intrigues me.

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2013, 02:01:27 AM »
She currently doesn't have a stun combo and she isn't even on any of our minds as a character with stun combo potential.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:11:28 AM by Persona »

Chrome Homura

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2013, 03:10:27 AM »
Well, I guess that answers my question... I was right after all :p Thanks!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2014, 05:46:28 PM »