Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Arcade Version)  (Read 60385 times)

Kirah

• Rising Dragon
  • <}Suspendisse Brujo{>
    • View Profile
Re: Mai Shiranui
« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:32 PM »
After air throw in the corner you can safe jump by doing:

Full Jump > J[1]D

Notes: Some characters are special cases who i'll list now.

Ash: He has to be Full Super Jumped > J[1]D, as soon as Mai lands this is too by pass his wretched 28B, which is insanely fast.

King & Yuri: Rise pretty slow so a well timed Full Super Jump is needed to catch these two.

Kensou: Requires a Full Super Jum
p

MBAA: Artifex Hyacinthinas
KOFXIII: Athena\ K' \ Leona or \Kyo

Ironreaver

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2011, 12:46:30 AM »
Glad to hear that a lot of people like her as much as I do. :) Mai is indeed a very solid battery when she's played correctly and she is by far the character I enjoy playing the most since she fits my play style perfectly (Footsie/ runaway/pokes).

I play Mai on point as a battery character (like most people using her), so my mentality when playing her is to maximize damage while using the least meter I can. That said, I'm not a fan of burning 2-3 meters on corner combos when I know my 2nd and 3rd character will use them more efficiently and deal more damage with them (Unless I'm on the verge to OCV, then I don't mind  ;)).

I also use: cr.B, cr.B, st.A/B as a starter string as it is really easy to confirm a hit (or block) and go from there. From the starter string I either go for hcf+B off the st.A if I see I'm close enough to the opponent to land it or directly go to st.B xx st.D which is the easy target combo. cr.B, cr.B, st.A xx hcf+B is definitely my preferred BnB as it does more damage (only 1 point higher, but still...) and brings the opponent closer to the corner. The only bad thing with this BnB is that the hcf+B sometimes whiffs if you're too far from the opponent and we all know what happens when that move is blocked. So, if I'm unsure about my range, I do the Target Combo BnB for similar damage without the positioning advantage. Also, If I see that my starter string is blocked, I cancel st.A into qcf+A which make the whole thing pretty safe.

When my opponent is backed to the corner, I use the same starter string and If I have some meter to burn I go for: cr.B, cr.B, st.A xx EX Ryuenbu, C Ryuenbu, C Ryuenbu, Air throw. Only a single meter used for pretty good damage. If I don't want to spend meter but have Drive meter to burn I do: cr.B, cr.B, st.A xx hcf+A(DC) air qcb.C, C Ryuenbu, Air throw . I believe this one does less damage than the first one, but you save a meter at the expense of a drive meter and a little less damage.

gonna have to use that ex ryuenbu, c ryuenbu x2 in the corner i was usually just doing ex ryuenbu into air throw....thats one the things i like about her is her ability to combo into her air throw.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »
After air throw in the corner you can safe jump by doing:

Full Jump > J[1]D

Notes: Some characters are special cases who i'll list now.

Ash: He has to be Full Super Jumped > J[1]D, as soon as Mai lands this is too by pass his wretched 28B, which is insanely fast.

King & Yuri: Rise pretty slow so a well timed Full Super Jump is needed to catch these two.

Kensou: Requires a Full Super Jum
p

Sorry what do you mean by J 1 D?
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Mai Shiranui (Arcade Version)
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »
We're moving this discussion to the new thread: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1659.0