Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Console)  (Read 93929 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Mai Shiranui (Console)
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 06:01:05 PM »
Sounds like you haven't played Shen much, or against a good one, going by how little you appreciate the punch super. And neither of the options listed blow 3 meters and full HD in one go.

Regardless, this isn't about Shen, he was just an example.

Guess for you guys its about stock piling and neomax or HD (the phsycological advantage), for me its about no meter and whatever meter I have (use ex fan, ex qcb+P, ex dive a plenty). Different strokes for different folks.
Oh I've played 3 good Shen anchors... Also used Shen anchor myself for fun... Opinion? Shen is one of the best anchors in the game... If he hits you with HD anywhere it's pretty much game over... Wayyy better than Mai... Mai is B tier at best AND that's why I love her... lol...

Played against a really good Shen anchor yesterday vs. my Mai, Billy, Saiki anchor... He destroyed me 2 times in a row... Then I switched my team to Ralf, Billy, Mai anchor... He didn't beat me once in the next 7-8 matches...

Ralf most of the time took out both of his characters... Billy finished it off... He got to my Mai 3 times... It was against Shen... He wasn't able to land anything really... Reversal wake up Explosion? Same jumped > HD punish... EX Punch DM? Never hit me with it... EX Grab? Jumped > HD punish... Final time he sadly landed on an A fan and BAM Neomax... lol...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 06:09:54 PM »
Uhh, kinda, sorta, sounds like Ralf should get the credit for those wins.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:17:05 PM by Diavle »

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2012, 10:26:45 PM »
Sounds like you haven't played Shen much, or against a good one, going by how little you appreciate the punch super.

..Whatever, man, say what you want. I run Shen on anchor. I am well aware of shen's punch super, but it does not completely control all of the air space for the entire screen even when they try to do shit like dives to stop themselves from falling, in addition to everything else that should be obvious.
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2012, 03:37:15 AM »
I made a video for Mai's various HD combos... :D

yo can you explain how you did the first combo?
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
I made a video for Mai's various HD combos... :D

yo can you explain how you did the first combo?
I input the first hcf+D and input the qcb+C right away even before you see it... Then I delay the next hcf+D as much as possible (when she already starts spinning from Ryuenbu)...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2012, 09:21:28 PM »
Spent some time in practice and came up with the 2 HD combos I'll be sticking to, one is 2 meters and the other zero.

This is the most damage I have been able to come up with zero meter, can be done from the opponents starting position and beyond:

jC or jD, sB, sD, HD, sB, sD, HCF+D [DC] air QCB+P, HCF+D (2 hits) [DC] qcb+C, QCB+C, QCB+C (1 hit) [DC} QCF+A, QCB+C, QCB+C (1 hit), QCF+A, QCB+C, QCB+C, QCB+C, cr.C (659 dmg, 632 without jump in)

2 Bars:

jC or jD, sB, sD, HD, sB, sD, HCF+D [DC] air QCB+P, HCF+D (2 hits) [DC] qcb+C, QCB+C, QCB+C (1 hit) [DC} QCF+A, QCB+C, neomax (785 dmg, 760 without jump in)

I really like their look, the execution isn't very difficult and both are viable for the position I use her in.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:36:36 AM by Diavle »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 06:23:20 AM »
I'm putting Mai back on point or second... Ran her on anchor in the last tournament... Every match I won, I had Mai come in the final round with HD + 2-3 meter... Both the matches I lost, I had to have Mai come in either with almost no meter or had to blow it to kill the second character and had nothing against the last character...

So after that I'll clearly state that Mai on point or second is best... She doesn't have the tools to fight an anchor position without Neomax... When Mai has Neomax, she is the scariest character in the game but when you blow it, Mai as anchor is not viable in a tournament...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:34:26 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 06:43:31 AM »
Made a practical combo video. Nothing too fancy, just practical combos a battery Mai user should be using.

Most of the combos are already noted in this thread, though.

This is great, anyway we can use this on our wiki? Plus is there a way you can annotate the combos you did on the video?

Speaking of combos, I want to revamp the combo section at the wiki. Can anyone test all of these combos out to see if they still work?

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mai_Shiranui_%28XIII%29#Combos

If they don't, please copy and paste them here. Thanks in advance.

P.S. If anyone has any combos (or anything else) they want to add to the wiki, please contact me or post them here (or at the wiki thread if there is one).
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Kazuhiro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »
This is great, anyway we can use this on our wiki? Plus is there a way you can annotate the combos you did on the video?

Yeah, go ahead and use it as you like.

Also yeah, I can annotate the combos directly on the video if it's necessary.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2012, 01:14:58 AM »
In the corner you can do cr.B, cr.B, s.A to get the perfect spacing required for the following combo... If you do it right in the corner then you can still move back before the first qcb+C and get the combo... You'll just be able to do 2 instead of 3 qcb+Cs before the DC...

Counter hit s.C+D, qcb+A, *slight delay* qcb+C, qcb+C, qcb+C, DC, qcb+AC, *slight delay* qcb+A, qcb+C, Air Throw = 567 dmg

You can also do the following combo if you catch someone with a j.C+D near the corner...

Counter hit j.C+D, qcb+C, qcb+C, DC, qcb+AC, *slight delay* qcb+A, qcb+C, Air Throw...

Both of these do over 500 dmg and costs 1 meter + 1 DC... Imo these should be utilized and setup if you ever get them to the corner... You can also do a completely meter less version of these... Just do Air Throw after two qcb+Cs and you'll score about 300-400 damage...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

MikeIsMyBankai

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2012, 08:31:40 PM »
Some random notes :

d+B works as a cross up in the corner after C Throw. Timing is a little iffy, jump then 1/3 way up do j. d+B. If you dont do it correctly, it wont hit as a cross up (opponent will block if the holds towards the corner).

Risk Reward is of course bad, but might be useful for suprise finishing blow.

Havent seen this simple Combo listed :

(cl/cr. C or cl. D)  hcf D, on last hit DC, air qcb A+C, Airthrow   = 328 Damage. Works anywhere on the screen. Damage not very good but might be abe to set up post Airthrow safe jumps/cross ups w/ Super jump)?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:33:56 PM by MikeIsMyBankai »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2012, 10:05:17 AM »
Ya I know that one... Posted about it in her arcade section... I don't really like doing DC with her usually... Specially mid-screen the damage is pitiful... To me wasting meter with her mid-screen combos aren't even worth it unless it's hit confirm to EX DM or an HD combo...

I run her second now so I'll usually poke around and setup her HD combo... I try not to waste the Drive on a little extra damage when 1 HD combo does near 800 damage wisth 2 meter...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2012, 06:44:28 AM »
What kind of inputs you must do to cancel ryuuenbu into HCF + K without the super appearing?

Waifu Material

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »

jC or jD, sB, sD, HD, sB, sD, HCF+D [DC] air QCB+P, HCF+D (2 hits) [DC] qcb+C, QCB+C, QCB+C (1 hit) [DC} QCF+A, QCB+C, QCB+C (1 hit), QCF+A, QCB+C, QCB+C, QCB+C, cr.C (659 dmg, 632 without jump in)

Is the timing for hitting the cr.C at the end really tight?  I have a hard time hitting a standing A after three qcb+C, which i assume is faster (cl.A vs cr.C).  Will this work if after the last qcb+C, I just hold down and start mashing C, or is it better to try and get it precisely?
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2012, 07:18:17 PM »

Is the timing for hitting the cr.C at the end really tight?  I have a hard time hitting a standing A after three qcb+C, which i assume is faster (cl.A vs cr.C).  Will this work if after the last qcb+C, I just hold down and start mashing C, or is it better to try and get it precisely?

Yeah its pretty tight, I just mash cr.C and hope for the best.