Author Topic: Yuri Sakazaki (Console)  (Read 59507 times)

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
Re: Yuri Sakazaki (Console)
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »
Some interesting tech that I learned today from a friend

If you do the typical string of yuri which involves the use of d.b and s.b, you can do some interesting things with ex raioken

If you do one d.b then s.b and then ex raioken, you will land at the other side of the opponent (if he blocks)

If you do 2 d.b and then the rest of the string, it seems like yuri will land at the other side of your opponent, but some weird thing happens and she lands at the same side

If you do 3 d.b, and then the rest of the string, you will land at the other side

I don't know if this was known or not, but this could be a little surprise for the opponent who doesnt know this, so maybe risking a little with could lead to open a combo, at least the use of 2 d.b is weird since yuri LOOKS like she landed at the other side from a brief frame
I love the potential of this set up. The EX Raiou Ken has a decent amount of plus frames on block so it functions as an excellent frame-trap/guard break set-up.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Yuri Sakazaki (Console)
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »
I'm having trouble gaining an advantage during the neutral game with yuri. What do you guys do to get things started with her? The only thing I can think of would be to use dive kicks to bait an anti air.

Her ground game seems a bit lacking. unless there is something I'm missing. I tend to use st.D and cr.B usually. Occasionally st.C because it feels really active.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 07:27:44 PM »
Yuri ground game is IMO really lacking, she doesn't had anything that is really exploitable except her dive kicks, and those in some matchups are a bad idea

Waifu Material

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 09:09:13 PM »
I'm having trouble gaining an advantage during the neutral game with yuri. What do you guys do to get things started with her? The only thing I can think of would be to use dive kicks to bait an anti air.

Her ground game seems a bit lacking. unless there is something I'm missing. I tend to use st.D and cr.B usually. Occasionally st.C because it feels really active.

From a neutral game I usually just poke with either St.C,St.B or her fireball. In all honesty I think Yuri's dive kick is really overrated. It's good, don't get me wrong. But she can still get anti aired out of it easily. I usually dive kick on my opponent when they've been trained to block. But Yuri has a decent arsenal of pokes and you can work your neutral game around that. Plus C fireball moves you forward.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »
Seems like if you have meter to spare ex raioken would be the best thing to use to apply pressure to get in from a neutral position

DBarnes

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • SCTourney Stream
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »

I tend to use st.C a lot at mid range because of it's reach and recovery after block. Yuri's st.B is also good and hit crouching opponents if your opponent is mashing. Her fireball is okay at mid to far range but don't get too predictable with it.

Her j.D is also good because it leads to an ambiguous cross up, if you hit right above your opponent. j.A > dive kick when done low to the ground also makes for a good frame trap, if you really close on some tall characters.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2012, 04:56:59 AM »
This picture shows her hop and jump heights: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76301188@N03/7009842383/#
Pretty cool, huh?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2012, 11:59:27 AM »

@SharntGroMuzo OH and ex demon flip always lands in front, not in back. So that is not a good option when atempting to give them a 50/50

@SharntGroMuzo BUT if they have a vertical wakeup option you will get blown up for that.
In reply to Sharnt-Gro-Muzo

@SharntGroMuzo yes and no, when you have ther other person in the corner and air grab, you can set up a cross up demon flip on them

@RogerDodger At worste you'r close, enough time to do a cross up attempt. Ex hit 100%. Corner => crossup mixup.Avoid to press is a good idea

@RogerDodger Haha, people didn't understand they shouldn't jump on Kim FREE HIENZAN Though your Yuri lacks of demon flip throw after your cd

From https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo/status/194341945731059712

Yeah on charging reversal character you shouldn't try a cross up mixup anyway. They will blown you up.

What do you mean by ? :
OH and ex demon flip always lands in front, not in back. So that is not a good option when atempting to give them a 50/50

I talking about the fact he throw on Ex demon flip will catch your opponent after a cd hit anywhere on screen. So if you weren't in a situation where the normal one won't catch them its worthing it imo.
Sorry wasn't clear, it's pissing me off to shoot twits and let lose this in the constant flood of information.

If you mean the dive kick version of the Ex demon flip it's near true, you may hit them in cross up but it requires specific setups or big tall characters.
Anyway I'm using it more like an instant overhead since it hits high contrary to normal one. Plus Yuri legs are invincible in the startup so it may throw you up of low pressing or punish duo lon f.B.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:08:34 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »

What do you mean by ? :
OH and ex demon flip always lands in front, not in back. So that is not a good option when atempting to give them a 50/50

I talking about the fact he throw on Ex demon flip will catch your opponent after a cd hit anywhere on screen. So if you weren't in a situation where the normal one won't catch them its worthing it imo.
Sorry wasn't clear, it's pissing me off to shoot twits and let lose this in the constant flood of information.

If you mean the dive kick version of the Ex demon flip it's near true, you may hit them in cross up but it requires specific setups or big tall characters.
Anyway I'm using it more like an instant overhead since it hits high contrary to normal one. Plus Yuri legs are invincible in the startup so it may throw you up of low pressing or punish duo lon f.B.

Ex Demon flip into Dive kick is an overhead. So I think that would really scare people who are trained to crouch block the dive kick.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2012, 10:13:32 AM »
Someone else found dive kick mixup which must guarded differently whether your opponent is crouching or standing?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »
Someone else found dive kick mixup which must guarded differently whether your opponent is crouching or standing?

I don't understand this, could you explain it better?

Waifu Material

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:25 PM »
I made a video but since i record with a webcam I don't pay attention to some details, I must redo one.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2012, 01:55:07 AM »
i'll share my dirty mixup with ya'll (keke)

sometimes when i do a blockstring i'll just feel like activating and going directly into overhead.
since the activation puts you into a neutral state, the overhead is not part of a target combo, so it's a raw overhead.

in the corner, obv you start up the butt loop.
midscreen, you can do f.A > ex raioken > run > st.C > whatever

if you are not quite in the corner and you have meter to spare, you can use this midscreen starter to push them further until you can start up the butt loop. otherwise i just do the typical DP > Demon flip loop

with this you can mix it up with command grab, saiha, or cr.B depending on if you know ur opponent is watching out for it.

the only way for them to escape really is to GC roll knowing that you like to go for this setup.

i might regret this decision of sharing lol (i dont wanna get hit by my own setup, unless someone already posted this)

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2012, 07:50:22 AM »

use the 1 frame command grab and cancel it to supers
this will make yuri scary in the ground as well

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2012, 09:48:27 AM »

I don't understand this, could you explain it better?
Hu I fought it was specific, but it's the classis crossup on hop which is possible only if your opponent is crouching. Thus if he is standing he must guard in front of him and if he his crouching behind him.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:54:05 AM by Sharnt »