Author Topic: Ryo Sakazaki (Console)  (Read 71594 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ryo Sakazaki (Console)
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »
I don't know, I feel like Ryo's overhead is a bit underrated, since is a bit fast and you can do some cool things after it, even though  a bit limited. Actually, the overhead works only when you had meter or gauge

Waifu Material

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 12:02:23 AM »
you do have a point i never did say anything about the overhead come to think about it most people dont talk about anybodys over head thats beside the point compared 2 leonas over head which i think is the fasts i think he lack offensive options but on defense he has the best options available in the game in my opinion he might as well be a charge character

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 12:16:23 AM »
It's possible to hitconfirm Ryo's NeoMax off of his overhead so that is pretty sweet. It's also pretty fast so it works as a good tool in footsies if for nothing else, then atleast to simply get to your opponent. Then there's the obvious option of overhead, HD, combo if you hit. I think it has a way bigger impact on Ryo's gameplay than his parry moves.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 12:38:00 AM »
using his overhead as a footsie is unheard of for me but i will give it a try.

what i really find usefull is being able to cancel  ;dn ;d into his kohoken to give him much more range

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 12:50:32 AM »
his overhead has a bit of a risk though, if your opponent blocks it and has meter, you are FREE, I had to test it against some normals

Waifu Material

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 12:52:08 AM »
plus the range is no good

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 12:56:45 AM »
yep, even cancelling it from normals is bad at times

Waifu Material

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 01:20:48 AM »
now with his parry when ever im successful doin it i cant cancel into another move so whats the timing on it is it right when he parrys or do i wait just a lil bit

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 01:36:24 AM »
Problem with parry, is that unless your opponent is really stupid to throw something in the air, you can never truly guess what attack could be, and then you can be incredible free, meanwhile if you connect the parr, yo don't had that many options to make worthy the risk

If onlyyo could do a kohoand bypass it into max mode (I hadn't tested it thpugh, maybe is possible)

Waifu Material

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:14 AM »
now with his parry when ever im successful doin it i cant cancel into another move so whats the timing on it is it right when he parrys or do i wait just a lil bit

There is only a small cancellable gap so the simplest way to go about it is to do the parry and allways input your followup, if you do parry, the followup comes out, otherwise you're just stuck in parry animation. Using it like this though means that you can be baited into throwing out something unsafe, for example D hien shinpuukyaku by an opponent smart enough to throw out a jab when expecting a parry.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 02:34:06 AM »
can he double parry??
Problem with parry, is that unless your opponent is really stupid to throw something in the air, you can never truly guess what attack could be, and then you can be incredible free, meanwhile if you connect the parr, yo don't had that many options to make worthy the risk

If onlyyo could do a kohoand bypass it into max mode (I hadn't tested it thpugh, maybe is possible)
its not like its 3rd strike and people are going to be able 2 read people and just throw out a patty when ever so i dont really think the bypass would b as useful but on the other hand it would be much safer

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 02:56:20 AM »
can he double parry??

its not like its 3rd strike and people are going to be able 2 read people and just throw out a patty when ever so i dont really think the bypass would b as useful but on the other hand it would be much safer

Parry works only if you can predict and air attack, or if your opponent is too predictible with his attacks (even though maybe with guys with guard like maximum maybe cancelling your guarded punch into a parry could be interesting, even though the cancellable frames could be a bit late

Waifu Material

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 06:04:12 AM »
is it me or when u "dash" and try to do kohoken after it buffers out to do a shoryuken same with hcf

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2012, 06:13:04 AM »
Yes, there is some leniency that is not character specific, so when you dash forward, let your stick/pad go to neutral for a moment and then do the input. Alternatively, if you just want to run a short distance just double tap forward and go to neutral, there is a minimum distance your character will run, so by doing this you can dash and quickly go to fireball as you please.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 06:23:41 AM »
Or a more consistent way...just TK your QCF.  Ko'ouken will come out every time.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.