Author Topic: Ryo Sakazaki (Console)  (Read 71595 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ryo Sakazaki (Console)
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2012, 11:38:09 PM »
I'll do it... Combos ofcourse and other stuff if i have time...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2012, 12:48:32 AM »
I'll do it... Combos ofcourse and other stuff if i have time...

Cool man, whatever you can contribute is cool with me. Anyone else wanna help?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 12:57:30 AM »
Ryo's my point, I'll try my best to think of essential stuff that needs to be up there.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2012, 01:13:46 AM »
LOL at my guard crush string from yesterday... Had an anchor Iori raw Neomax my first character Karate... So my Ryo came in with 4 meters and full HD and he had no meter for Iori... Got him in the corner and did this...

j.D, s.D, qcf+A, cr.C, qcf+AC, s.D, qcf+A, far s.C... He got guard crushed and i did raw Neomax on him... REVENGE...!!! LOL

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2012, 03:08:12 AM »
@MezzoForte - sounds good man.

t3h mAsTarOth...! - RAAAHAHAHAH

Yeah that works out pretty well. That qcf+AC - positive and get's you back in. ahahhah

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 03:46:53 PM »
@MezzoForte - sounds good man.

t3h mAsTarOth...! - RAAAHAHAHAH

Yeah that works out pretty well. That qcf+AC - positive and get's you back in. ahahhah
qcf+AC is so stupid... In the corner j.D, s.D, qcf+AC, cr.C, qcf+A... Can't even be escaped... It's a true block string...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 04:14:35 PM »
heheh, noticed that - so he on your team already?

I've run him last mainly for a while and he can get it done much of the time.

Oh and I love jump ins where you have time to AA with dp and dc into ranbu.

Stone Drum

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »
I am thinking about switching my anchor from Andy to Ryo simply because I'm not finding Andy very fun.  Are there any significant setbacks or pluses for making Ryo my anchor?

Also, I've grazed all of the wikis of Ryo, but can't find the lowdown on his playstyle or any good videos of good Ryo players.  I've only seen a few combos videos n such, but he seems like a counter type character to me with his super that goes through projectiles and ability to diffuse projectiles and so on.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2012, 06:47:20 PM »
Ya he is a counter type character... Imo i wouldn't use him as anchor unless ur second character is a meter builder... Sooo if you run Andy second then Ryo anchor would be fine... As battery Ryo needs nothing... As second he needs some meter...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Stone Drum

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2012, 07:56:55 PM »
Well my original team was kensou/leona/andy, but I was thinking to replace andy with ryo to have kensou/leona/ryo, but I think leona would need the meter and so ryo wouldn't have enough to be a threat.  So I guess I should just do kensou/andy/ryo instead, since andy builds meter well. 

Sorry, I'm really new to kof13 and it's my first kof and I don't know what I'm doing yet or who I want to learn

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 11:55:48 PM »
heheh, noticed that - so he on your team already?
well he is my alternate for Mai's bad matchups... So he is always second on my team... I still need to work on him cause i just ppicked him up recently... And i don't mind blowing meter on HD anytime i land a hit with him just like i do with Mai... His mid-screen HD is better than Mai... And corner HD is one of the best in the game...

@Stone Drum - Ya Kensou, Andy, Ryo is a pretty solid team... Kensou/Andy on point/second is great... Ryo last after Andy will most likely leave you with HD and 2-3 meters almost everytime...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:04:02 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Stone Drum

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2012, 05:14:40 AM »
thanks mastaroth. 

what's Ryo's best meterless punish?  I've been watching Ryo vids, and saw an athena do a heavy dp at point blank and for the punish, the ryo just did a st.a and nothing else...  So basically what is the best meterless punish, which I guess would also be his best meterless midscreen bnb?  Ryo seems to have really difficult confirms as well as very limited meterless combo potential. 

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
He doesnt do much without meter... s.D, dp+C/hcb+D is your best punish... In the corner he can do s.D, qcf+A, dp+C... Ideally you wanna have meter with him... Cause s.D, f+A, DM/EX-DM does a lot for a punish...

Also try to land counter hit j.C+Ds... It nets you free damage anywhere... Hcb+D afterwards and try to corner them... In the corner this gets stupid... You can land j.C+D, qcf+A, hcb+D, dp+C, DC, hcb+D, dp+C/A depending on their height... It only costs one drive, builds you a shit load of meter and does over 500 dmg...

LMFAO... Do this from starting position... Super jump CH j.C+D, qcf+A x5!!!!!!!!!!, qcf+A, (dp+C, DC, hcb+D) x2, dp+AC... WOW...!!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:07:12 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2012, 08:08:07 AM »
Had a long session using Ryo today... Found out his FBs are very bad for countering hops or jump-ins... If you trade during the move you just loose... The FB doesnt even hit them...

Also dp+A is very fast but will trade a lot and the trade is not in your favour... dp+C is rather slow and can be safe jumped very easily... So do not attemp this against hops... However, if they jump then you will win everytime and you can super cancel for good damage...

Against most characters s.D, f+A is safe if they dont have any meter... The pushback is just too far... So if you run Ryo on point then this actually a safe block string for the most part...

Also Ryo in the corner is just stupid and if you get in their head then you can setup a lot of nasty stuff... A lot of the time i noticed that they want to roll or jump after blocking qcf+A... You can bait this by walking back a little bit... If you see them jumping then do qcf+A and you can do a full juggle... If you see them roll then you can just do a corner HD combo on them...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2012, 08:57:10 AM »
Yeah they've given him some razzing hurt boxes on his ko-oh kens since 1.1 - C being properly bad...

Trading with dp+A can be good as you can catch the opponent with ranbu without DC. It should have invincibility enough to not trade if you wait until the opponent's closer.

Yeah, corner good times ,iiii