Author Topic: Ryo Sakazaki (Console)  (Read 71589 times)

Stone Drum

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Ryo Sakazaki (Console)
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2012, 07:15:58 PM »
I think for hop ins, f.b is actually pretty useful if used at the right time?  You can condition the opponent to stop doing hop in pressure attacks by cancelling the parry into a nice damage heavy dp, and I think if used at a proper height and time (kind of high in the hop) in the hop in, it is relatively safe in that by the time the opponent reaches the ground and the startup time of the crouching attack for an empty hop you could already be blocking low?

Also, I tried out some of those combos mastaroth.  The 5d-6a-DM does solid damage, but weaker than kensou's midscreen 1 meter combo.  And his strongest meterless combo of 5d-hcb.d does less than kensou's meterless midscreen combo.  I'm not very impressed with Ryo's damage output so far or the difficulty of his confirms, but maybe I just need to study him more
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:43:09 PM by Stone Drum »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2012, 12:13:05 AM »
I told you he doesnt do damage without meter... Without meter he does Mai level damage... Pitiful... But thats not his strength... He is a slow counter type character... I dont even bother worrying about damage unless i punish someone with a full b&b or HD... Only other time i fish for damage is when i go for CH j.C+D or when i corner them...

Also dont forget he has a deceptive cross-up with j.B... Thats how i've mainly been landing full screen 3 meter 900 dmg HD combos... After yesterday my friend stop shitting on Ryo (he kept saying he is the worst character in the game)... After eating a few CH j.C+Ds from mid-screen and getting cornered and loosing 500 life he was like wtf... After being stuck in the corner and eating frame traps and eating about 10+ HD combos he stopped shitting and started complaining that Ryo does too much damage... LOL...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Stone Drum

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2012, 12:36:09 AM »
I told you he doesnt do damage without meter... Without meter he does Mai level damage... Pitiful... But thats not his strength... He is a slow counter type character... I dont even bother worrying about damage unless i punish someone with a full b&b or HD... Only other time i fish for damage is when i go for CH j.C+D or when i corner them...

Also dont forget he has a deceptive cross-up with j.B... Thats how i've mainly been landing full screen 3 meter 900 dmg HD combos... After yesterday my friend stop shitting on Ryo (he kept saying he is the worst character in the game)... After eating a few CH j.C+Ds from mid-screen and getting cornered and loosing 500 life he was like wtf... After being stuck in the corner and eating frame traps and eating about 10+ HD combos he stopped shitting and started complaining that Ryo does too much damage... LOL...

hmm I need to watch your Ryo.  Do you have any videos of you playing?  In fact, I can't really find any good Ryo footage.  If you have any, could you please share?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2012, 01:41:36 AM »

@t3h mAsTarOth...!

What are you using to go coast to coast with HD?
def in terested in that.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »

@t3h mAsTarOth...!

What are you using to go coast to coast with HD?
def in terested in that.
s.D, f+A, HD, s.D, f+A, hcb+BD, *slight delay* dp+C, hcb+D... That will corner them...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2012, 01:36:39 PM »
Ah OK, that's what I do. Unfortunately not full scrn, but really the only option Ryo has to carry for distance that I know of.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »
Ah OK, that's what I do. Unfortunately not full scrn, but really the only option Ryo has to carry for distance that I know of.

well ya... It's like 90% carry... Which is good enough... Most of the time when they have about 800 health i just do the lazy HD... DM > Neomax... Still so much damage... Now only if this was XI Ryo with all the other moves, he would be epic...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2012, 06:09:37 PM »
Yeah that's what kills me about xiii ryo, but let me not rant about that AGAIN...

(see my comments on nerfs and buffs thread T_T )

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »
j.D, s.D, qcf.C, dp+AC, DC, qcf+A, hcb+D, dp+C... Does 550ish dmg iirc...

Slight modification:
j.D, d.B, d.C, qcf.C, dp+AC, DC, qcf+A, hcb+D, dp+C = 549

1 pt dmg less with the low mixed in. Damn that's crazy good...

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »
Nice... The link is a bit tougher than XI... But it's really good if u can hit confirm from cr.B. cause of the delay before the cr.C and cancel with hcb+D... It's his best low damage...

So i put Ryo on point... Ryo, Mai, Billy... This is to get as much practice as possible with him as i can...

UPDATE: Ryo on point is AMAZING... As I'm getting better with him, I do not need to blow meter... If he dies then Mai gets enough meter for ...you know ...the best move in the game... If he survives the first round then watch out cause any hit he lands on your second is gonna lead to 600-900 dmg...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:32:47 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
s.D, f+A, HD, s.D, f+A, hcb+BD, *slight delay* dp+C, hcb+D... That will corner them...

Its a full screen carry.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2012, 12:55:15 PM »
I stand corrected. Was used to going into HD off of lows and occasionally find myself out of position.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2012, 06:42:46 PM »
Gonna try out my new team today against everyone in toronto... Lets see how it goes...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Stone Drum

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2012, 02:16:53 AM »
good luck! May I ask why you use him as point?  He seems a bit limited without meter to me.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2012, 01:02:47 PM »
good luck! May I ask why you use him as point?  He seems a bit limited without meter to me.
ya he is... But like i said i dont really try to get big damage in... Just chip them little by little and build meter... He builds meter really fast... They also cant guard roll punish him for a while so you can pressure them really well...

UPDATE: against weaker players Ryo destroys them... They get guard crushed... Eat FBs all day... I got a few OCVs with him... However, against the better players here i was having troubles... They roll punish you if you try to pressure them... So you have to play very smart... You have to just play turtle and win with pokes and do a lot of baiting... If you corner them then dont get greedy...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:02:39 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth