Author Topic: Ryo Sakazaki (Console)  (Read 71586 times)

mechanica

• New Challenger
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
Re: Ryo Sakazaki (Console)
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2013, 10:09:20 PM »
Thanks for the fbf+P followup idea, that's helped me a lot. I love that you can stay neutral for the swag pose, or cancel it into run to go for a safejump.

Bala's drive combos helped me figured out my meterless starter to his corner HD.

f.A -> HD, s.D xx f.A xx qcf+C, dp+A xx qcf+A, hcb+D, dp+C xx hcb+D, dp+C xx qcf+A, neomax.
http://www.youtube.com/pantailamon
(check out the safejump playlist!)

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2013, 01:26:55 PM »
ey peeps, i must confess i didnt look at the full thread, before asking this, however is there an easy way of cancelling dp into ex qcf+AC in normal mode? HD mode it doesnt seem too difficult but as you only press dp+C~AC and it comes out but in normal i struggle, because i keep getting exdp+ac after dp+C

ive tried inputting dp+C~b~f+AC and i get the ex hundred hand slap.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »
it seems that for some reason outside of HD koho only cancels into ko'ouken slightly closer to the ground. Try delaying it and see how it goes.

sketchspace

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2013, 08:45:01 AM »
Hey I'm wondering if there's any way to finish the HD corner juggle combo with an EX Zanretsuken.  I just think EX Zanretsuken -> A Zanretsuken looks stylish.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »
you can always do the EX Zanretsuken after a DP

sketchspace

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2013, 05:26:01 AM »

So something like HCB, F + FP (the DP shortcut), B, F + PP for the EX Zantetsuken.

Aight I'll give it a shot.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2013, 09:00:31 AM »

So something like HCB, F + FP (the DP shortcut), B, F + PP for the EX Zantetsuken.

Basically but most people dont use it because of the damage scaling way to many hits

sketchspace

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2013, 01:22:32 AM »

Basically but most people dont use it because of the damage scaling way to many hits

Well I'm not worried too much about damage scaling since it's near the end of the combo (so by then each hit is worth less damage so cool with having more hits) and the LP Zanretsuken is a hard knockdown.  Right now it's 829 off a jumpin, 81? off a ground starter.

What's the preferred way to end the combo with one meter?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 01:28:09 AM by sketchspace »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2013, 07:38:55 AM »
since theres no video thread and i dont feel like making one check out da WOO

http://youtu.be/pBmBNYDA7OQ

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2013, 06:39:35 PM »

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2014, 12:55:16 PM »
anyone know the exact timing or maybe there is shortcut to ryo EX DP drive cancel to QCF A? thx :).

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2015, 11:10:40 AM »
I think this may be new tech.
Ryo's F + A can be used to hit confirm into HD using one meter (F + A , HCB + BCD). I mean completely confirmable not just cancelable into HD like all the others. You have at least until the red damage indication disappears from the opponents HP to input the BCD.

Also I found a dependable HD combo to follow up with. DP + A xx HCB + D, DP + C xx HCB + D, DP + A xx HCB + D, DP + C xx QCF + A, DP + C xx QCF +A, EX Ranbu( with meter) or F, B, F +A (without meter).

This HD works anywhere on screen, coast to coast or in the corner. At least 693 damage for the one meter off of a overhead depending on distance to corner. Other characters can cancel out of overheads using HD but Ryo seems to be the only one with a such a long cancel period.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:14:16 AM by ottomatic »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2015, 07:24:36 PM »
Nah, that's not really new and it should work for all overheads, it is good though. What i do is hitconfirm with a normal delay HD activation wich is basically the same thing but causes an automatic s.C to come out, wich also works for all overheads. Close C for Ryo allows for some delay too so you get a second shot to reconfirm your followup so that's nice.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2015, 10:07:11 PM »
I know that everyone can delay cancel to s.C but it won't always hit properly (I've missed because close s.C came out from too far away) this bypasses that giving a guaranteed hit upon activation confirm. If you miss the timing, no activation no spent meter or HD.

But yeah, I did some more tests this morning and similar start ups can be used on other characters but their mileages seem less viable (except for Kim, sorta). Vice can shoulder ram for no meter but if it comes out too slow you can block the HD meaning tighter timing. Both Kyo's have the run attacks but you gotta cancel that almost immediately to get a reasonable HD, and their s.C's can whiff like Ryo's can. My only issue with Kim is close s.C needs to be canceled right away, far s.C still hits and gives you time to cancel it, QCB +BCD is just another plausible tool to that already vicious threat.

Back to the point. Delay canceling overheads with HD into s.C gives varied results with certain characters, I've had Ryo HD drops due to whiffs off of mid range overheads. This always hits in follow up and due to the move being so fast and forward moving it can be done at any range for the same success. Plus it gives you a little bit of time to compose yourself for the HD you just started.

Hope this wall of text doesn't come off as angry or argumentative, just stating the tool and reasons to use it over other options. I personally still jump the gun and activate too early sometimes, but when I remember to activate HD late, this gives me success each time rather than an occasional whiff.

TL:DR
Delay canceling HD into s.C can whiff at odd distances. Special bypass canceling off overheads is a generally unexplored option. I hope I don't sound angry.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:20:11 PM by ottomatic »