Author Topic: Robert Garcia (Console)  (Read 62983 times)

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Garcia (Console)
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »
KOF XIII: FGA Mono's Robert Garcia Tutorial

A pretty listing of Robert combos from FGA Mono, though there are a few of them aren't very practical or meter-efficient...

[KOF XIII] Additional Robert HD Combos

Two new(er) combos I decided to put up.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:31:05 PM by AirLancer »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2012, 09:11:27 PM »
yeah I caught that video a few weeks ago, some interesting to say the least. I never thought to reset after EX Geneikyaku although it's not exactly a breakthrough.

also that's an interesting way to continue off a partially hitting Pro Skater. I always wondered what you could do. I was watching this recent STA exhibition involving Geo, pretty much the only known staple Robert in NorCal. He somehow got the partial by mistake yet he hilariously turned it into an air reset -> command throw.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:15:45 PM by MezzoForte »
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »
also check this, I decided not to make it public because I'd rather make a more comprehensive video (which we all need to work on, BTW). I wanted to try out my new capture device and also work with my mixer setup, kind of prep work for streaming and stuff.

El Gato Negro

It's really just an extension of the already-known bypass tech. I'm unaware of any other combo with Robert that will kill, but I haven't really been looking.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2012, 10:53:05 PM »
Wouldn't you be able to do the same thing if you did st.C, f+B, HD Bypass, st.C, f+B db,f+BD?

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2012, 11:05:25 PM »
well, the point of the combo really was to show how much damage you can get before you actually activate which I believe is the only real sell for bypassing in the first place. You can do a near kill combo if you start with f+A rather than a counterhit j.CD, which is good to note.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:06:58 PM by MezzoForte »

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2012, 03:08:27 PM »
Additional combos I came up with after considering what I'd put up in my last video.

[KOF XIII] Robert Garcia's Hyper-Drive Experience

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2012, 07:17:58 PM »
cool tech. Literally up to this point I never even acknowledged that the partial did any significant damage.

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 12:23:05 AM »
I believe I've found the hardest hitting 2 and 3 meter combos for Robert yet at 857/923 damage (w/ jump-in). Will record and upload later...

just note that for 2/3 meter, same as the 3rd combo until after the Partial hits.

2 meters: Immediately fbf+B or D

3 meters: qcf+A, fbf+BD, dp+A

I think the Partial (we should give it an actual name) is the key to squeezing out max damage with Robert, at least for certain ranges.

It's funny, because in DDTC's videos, he actually does use the partial. It's just that those combos are so horrible at optimizing damage that I kind of forgot about it until now.

Btw, Mezzo, sent you a message.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:37:58 PM by AirLancer »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2012, 01:48:55 AM »
I think the Partial (we should give it an actual name) is the key to squeezing out max damage with Robert, at least for certain ranges.

it definitely seems to be the case. Also, I propose Partial Law.

seems to be taking a while for the PM to show up, sent you one as well.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »
The Hien That Destroyed the World

here's a little compilation of things that I've discovered. Turns out Hien is god tier as far as general utility goes. Please check it out, I think some of the stuff is pretty nifty. Notice that this video is also unlisted. What we should do, and I hope more people come forward with their own tech/insight, is focus on making videos/wikis that really reflect characters to the height of our current knowledge. So, here's to everyone learning the best combos and forgetting the shitty ones.

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »
Those resets are really sick. I myself don't make too much use of EX kicks because, well, I just suck at canceling into them. Same with Takuma.

The only reason I don't advocate the 1 meter 1 drive dp DC fireball, hien, fireball, dp combo is that it's pretty darn specific in its range. Too close to the corner and the fireball will miss/second hien hit will miss. Too far and you won't be able to follow up with much.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »
here's a little compilation of things that I've discovered. Turns out Hien is god tier as far as general utility goes. Please check it out, I think some of the stuff is pretty nifty. Notice that this video is also unlisted. What we should do, and I hope more people come forward with their own tech/insight, is focus on making videos/wikis that really reflect characters to the height of our current knowledge. So, here's to everyone learning the best combos and forgetting the shitty ones.

Awesome video, very classy.

Have you tried any of these in an actual match though? Any success?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:49:41 PM by Diavle »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2012, 05:44:08 PM »
thanks guys. Yeah I never forget that it's easy to drop the cancel into Hien from target, but when I've got the execution down EX Hien is just invaluable for general play and especially setting up the super dirty resets. It's also obviously great for corner carry, although yes the big combos are distance-specific. One thing that the video does not make plain, however, is its greatest flaw: the inability to hit crouchers. Such an unbelievable handicap. I think if it hit crouchers and could be comboed into from cr.B, he would be significantly stronger.

the first time I was able to use those setups in real matches was at the beginning of this month at a big session. The biggest success of the night was cross under B Hien. I hit a dude with it and he literally said "oh shit?!" I found that it was hard to get command grabs unless the setup was just totally ambiguous or sheer cross up/under attrition; because it loses to buttons so easily, it's hard to land it unless you've got your man actively looking for the block. The setups get funny reversal reactions sometimes, as well. Like Iori you can dash back Taco to bait them clean.

Furious Fandango

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2012, 07:13:43 PM »
Hi im big Fan  Art of Fighting team

Need help with Robert Trial 5, how to do second Dragon punch(dp) after first dp, i pull it but never hit

any tip ?

and how to do his flying kick after Target Combo(Std C, f B, f A)

Thanks in advance

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2012, 03:07:51 AM »
Try inputing the second dp just before the first dp recovers (about 10 freams early)

As for the  ;a ;fd target combo, it's the same as Takuma, as soon as you input  ;a ;fd hold your directinal input to  ;db and release to  ;b or  ;d ;fd as late as posible before the  ;a ;fd recovers.

That'll do the trick.