Author Topic: Robert Garcia (Console)  (Read 62972 times)

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Garcia (Console)
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2012, 05:15:12 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted to share a reallly really easy 4 bar HD combo that I recently have been doing. You can start it from about 40% of the stage away from the corner and closer.

4 bars, HD, 921dmg

J. C, st. C, fwd. B xxHD, st. C, fwd B, C DP xx ex dive kick, A fireball, C DP xx A fireball, C DP xx lvl1 Ranbu, Max Cancel

Short and sweet, and very hard to mess up in a real match!
In it to win it!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »
Hi im big Fan  Art of Fighting team

Need help with Robert Trial 5, how to do second Dragon punch(dp) after first dp, i pull it but never hit

any tip ?

The one where he does ex HCF+K then fireball, dp, dp? Easiest way is to do the motion for the second dp as Robert lands from the first one and hold the punch button down. This way the game will buffer the motion for you and Robert will do the second dp the moment he recovers from the first.

As for the  ;a ;fd target combo, it's the same as Takuma, as soon as you input  ;a ;fd hold your directinal input to  ;db and release to  ;b or  ;d ;fd as late as posible before the  ;a ;fd recovers.

That'll do the trick.

Its not the same as Takuma's. Unlike Takuma, Robert's f+B has a large buffer window so you can actually input the followup to the f+B (be it the f+A or any other special move) ahead of time (before the kick even hits the opponent, it feels like) and still have Robert do the move after he is done with the f+B.

Due to this Robert has more time to charge for the flying kick, since you can input the f+A ahead of time and thus start charging the flying kick ahead of time as well.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:57:15 PM by Diavle »

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to share a reallly really easy 4 bar HD combo that I recently have been doing. You can start it from about 40% of the stage away from the corner and closer.

4 bars, HD, 921dmg

J. C, st. C, fwd. B xxHD, st. C, fwd B, C DP xx ex dive kick, A fireball, C DP xx A fireball, C DP xx lvl1 Ranbu, Max Cancel

Short and sweet, and very hard to mess up in a real match!

Good stuff DK, reliability in a match is always an important factor. After all, a combo is only as strong as how much of it you can execute.

Furious Fandango

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2012, 05:32:58 PM »
Try inputing the second dp just before the first dp recovers (about 10 freams early)

As for the  ;a ;fd target combo, it's the same as Takuma, as soon as you input  ;a ;fd hold your directinal input to  ;db and release to  ;b or  ;d ;fd as late as posible before the  ;a ;fd recovers.

That'll do the trick.

Thanks for tip, now i clear Robert trial 5 and can do target combo to Flying Kick consitenly.

and how about Robert HD combo, if i do target combo, HD cancel target combo again , to flying kick after flying kick what best follow up ?

Thanks

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2012, 09:46:37 PM »
No need to do target combo againt, take a look at this, it'll give you an idea of what to do after HD activation, although I made the combos with 5 stocks just for the hell of it, you can still figure out what to do after  ;a ;fd, like running under and doing a  ;aDP from the other side and canceling with a  ;a fireball, if you do it starting from the back of the screen it allows for 2  ;a fireballs in a row followed for a full HD combo in the corner with a Fliying kick after the second fireball.

KOF XIII Sir Octopus CMV Vol.1

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2012, 06:39:33 AM »
Interesting, I'll have to experiment with what this means for Robert... Perhaps a full-screen corner carry combo would be made unnecessary?

EDIT: Indeed, combining this w/ Partial Law has made for useful combos. Robert can't carry full-screen meterless? No problem. Also, using [db]~f+D after dp+A DC qcf+A has rendered more damage for me then dp+A DC qcf+A qcf+C. But then, I only had like 20 minutes to experiment. (I'm on Barracks Duty today.)

Edit: Hah, nevermind. It seems being awake for 32 hours is bad for your math abilities. Run-under dp+A qcf+A qcf+C [db]~f+B is definitely more damaging.

So the most I can seem to muster with a j.C, cl.C, f.B HD f.A starter from "full screen" is 834 damage with 2 meters. (I think, I tried it all a rather long time ago.) Has anyone managed better?

[KOF XIII] Robert Garcia HD Upper "Corner Carry"

The dp+A DC qcf+A follow up can sometimes not hit if the combo is started slightly away from the corner, so I'd recommend trying this only if you hit the opponent with the back-kick to start the combo (since it pulls them towards the corner, making it much less likely to drop).

One more note: The fact that the combo naturally puts the opponent in backturned state sets up the opponent to be reset for x-up after the Neomax.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:18:41 PM by AirLancer »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2013, 12:21:02 AM »
just wanted to put it out there that after getting used to Partial Law, 5 stocks is basically guaranteed kill with any HD started with cl.C or Action Kick, and this includes those that implement the fwd+A HD tech.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2013, 02:45:29 AM »
I'll give the 2 stock combo a try this week and post the results of my finds. But indeed, the run under will get you more damage, I think you can do ap.A (DC) hcf.Ax2 run! dp.C and start from there, this will allow for more damage I would think.

On another note, doesn't Robert kill with 4 stocks?

Anyway, if you want to see some exampless of it, just google Sir Octopus CMV, I have two of them.

And if you want to join a combo development group try joining Combo fighters coliseum on facebook.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2013, 03:16:37 AM »
I'll try what you're describing tonight. Regarding Robert kill combos, as far as I know he cannot kill with 4 stocks. I actually checked out your CMV with Robert again and actually there wasn't a kill combo haha. I think all of them used 5 stocks as well.

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2013, 05:13:55 AM »
Agreed. no four stock combo in the video, and also non kill, for robets side it was just an example of how to start an HD combo the "not" usual way. But I'll try and fire it out. Can't bealive he has no 4 stock kill combo that's all.

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2013, 05:55:28 PM »
The closest I can get is 990 damage. Which, honestly, assuming that they've taken any kind of chip or took even one hit, is enough.

As for 2 meters from cornered using f+A, highest I can get now is around 845. qcf+A x 2, [db]~f+D instead of qcf+A, qcf+C, [db]~f+B. I'd prefer to use qcf+A, qcf+C since it's less likely to drop.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:18:29 PM by AirLancer »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2013, 06:37:27 AM »
that's pretty funny; that HD form is actually old news but I never realized using cl.D after the activation extended the range just enough for it to be a true wall-to-wall HD. Using cl.C you will always fall just short of the corner. Just tried it out, good stuff. Gonna make sure to include this in the video we're doing.

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2013, 01:13:07 PM »
At the distance Mai was at, one could already do a corner carry with cl.C. Does it work from absolute full screen (ie, opponent is running into the corner)?

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2013, 05:53:09 PM »
Problem solved and questions answered... Here is the corner to corner carry version of Robert's HD combo...

KOF XIII - Robert Full Screen 2 Bar HD Combo
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:58:09 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2013, 04:07:34 AM »
Did someone delete the video? I saw this posted here yyesterday, same thread, you can still see a couple of coments below talking about it.