Author Topic: Robert Garcia (Console)  (Read 62958 times)

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Garcia (Console)
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2013, 01:31:18 PM »
This was discussed earlier in this thread around Page 5 but if it's not there for some reason
Diavle
"He's a very solid and fun character with great movement. His only problem is that he tends to scale pretty heavily so you gotta spend time and figure out which combos to use, shorter ones often times tend to result in better damage. Its easy to get carried away and creative since he has so many tools and options. HD combos seem kind of iffy with him as well, easy to drop. Not to mention there isn't much he can do meterless in HD outside the corner or close to it. This is what makes him a weak anchor imo."

Malik
"I feel the same way in regards to his HD combos mid/full-screen, I run him 2nd right now but varying on the matchups I'm faced with, he goes first then Billy picks up the slack if there's any. The thing I've found with Robert is that whatever playstyle you have, the character next to him (whether he's 1st or 2nd) should compliment your style because I think it's the best way to get out everything from him & he has to many tools so he can do just about everything."
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2013, 10:56:52 PM »
fair enough, thank you sir. Much appreciated. So...hes kind of similar to Andy in the sense that he has options for any scenario ?

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2013, 04:22:07 AM »
fair enough, thank you sir. Much appreciated. So...hes kind of similar to Andy in the sense that he has options for any scenario ?

Similar yes but Robert has a command grab & his command cross up so he has more than him.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2013, 04:36:46 AM »
Robert's command grab is pretty bad and his command cross-up is his best move, IMO. You're better off selecting Iori or XIII Kyo who can do much more damage with greater mix-up options than him.
Even though Andy doesn't have a command grab and a command cross-up, he doesn't really need it, he has good enough mobility, useful normals, pressure and has better damage economically than Robert.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2013, 01:55:53 AM »
I don't know if anyone's found this yet, but here's a more damage corner 1 meter/1 drive combo.

The timing of the dp+C DC qcb+D matches that of what you'd need in order to connect a fireball afterwards.

j.C, cl.C, f+B xx dp+C DC qcb+D (backdash) qcb+BD qcf+A dp+C 510 damage

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:52:02 AM by AirLancer »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2013, 02:12:02 AM »
yeah I remember screwing around and finding that a while ago but I kept forgetting to mention it. I just remember having a hell of a time trying to execute it, but it has been a few months.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »
Rise from your grave.

Oh well, might as well just add a few notes. I thought Robert's j.A was godlike A2A, now there's proof.

A few other hitboxes that I thought were of note...

The thing that bothers me the most about EX Hien going over crouchers is that SNK had to do it on purpose! Robert's collision box literally shrinks after the first hit, which causes him to sail past! Gaaaawwrrgghh

Azik21

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2014, 02:59:55 PM »
Doesn't seem like a good os but figured I'd share anyways
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGG2j6pEPY&list=UUONPOpu8MPUQak9XW5qsFtw