Author Topic: Claw Iori (Console)  (Read 77324 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Claw Iori (Console)
« on: December 06, 2011, 06:08:31 AM »

Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Throws
Sakahagi  - ;bk / ;fd + ;c / ;d

Command Normals
Yumebiki - ;fd + ;a , ;a

Yuri Ori - ;bk + ;b in air

Kui - ;df + ;c

Special Attacks
Nueuchi - ;dp + ;a / ;c *

Shogetsu - ;qcb + ;a / ;c *

Akegarasu - ;qcb + ;b / ;d *

Tsuchitsubaki - ;hcf + ;a /;c close *

Desperation Moves
Maiden Masher - ;qcf ;hcb + ;a / ;c *

Neomax
Yatagarasu - ;qcf x 2+ ;b + ;d

Iori's Wiki entry.

Console changes:
* Geshiki Kui (df + C) has a larger hitbox than before. Easier to attack opponent from his command throw.
* Fierce Shogetsu (qcb+P) moves more forward. It combos in most situations after close C> Yumebiki(forward + A A).
* Yaotome (including EX) can’t be saferolled after it hits.
* EX Shogetsu’s invinciblity has been taken out. However, he’s still invincible on his legs.
- Fierce Akegarasu (qcb+K) has shorter recovery when blocked. Can’t be punished with normal moves.

Producer Yamamoto says: With Fierce Shogetsu’s longer reach and Fierce Akegarasu’s shorter recovery, it’s easier to do strings and combos. His Yaotome can’t be saferolled so attacking on wakeups may become important. With his EX Akegarasu’s projectile invincibility and EX Yaotome’s long invincibility, we’ve designed him to be playable in a different style from Flame Iori. Enjoy this Claw Iori that’s a bit different from the arcade version.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:18:20 PM by Kane317 »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Iori Yagami (Console)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 06:08:44 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:19:44 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 06:08:51 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:19:53 PM by nilcam »

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 09:50:44 PM »
What's up with the lock on the old thread?
Undefeated online KOF player.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 10:55:02 PM »
Just ushering people into the new threads. The old threads contain a lot of arcade information which is no longer accurate.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:19:29 AM »
What's the BnB HD corner carry? I know when you're close to the corner you do dp+A HDC qcb+B HDC dp+C then [dp+C, qcb+B] loop in corner, but what if you do if you're too far for that?
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 07:11:59 AM »
Mid-screen, you could always do his [qcb+B (HDC) qcb+C (one hit)] loop. Unfortunately, it doesn't carry the opponent very far, but it's the only one I know of.

Small correction, but the beginning of his corner HD combo is dp+A (HDC) qcb+D (HDC) dp+C.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 05:26:44 PM »
it seems to me that if you do something like qbc+B (HDC) qcb+AC, [dp+A (HDC) qcb+B(maybe D)] with [...] looped, it should carry them pretty well.  I'm pretty sure it carries better than [qcb+B (HDC) qcb+C (one hit)] looped, anyway.  I don't know if using the qbc+AC is really worth the meter, but it definitely pushes them pretty far and gets them up high enough to follow with dp+A without using HDC
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 10:35:39 AM »
This guy's video is amazing

KOF XIII Iori Combo

Best video to watch and have some decent bnb

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 05:20:06 PM »
thats a pretty good combo vid it shows a great way to show your best options with certain amounts of meter.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 10:17:42 PM »
it definitely taught me some new things to do in the corner without using HD.  I didn't realize you could do so many qcb+A in a row.  Pretty good that you can get easy 500-600+ in the corner without HD, using only 1 or 2 stocks and a drive
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 10:29:47 AM »
Repost from old thread, from Ash/CMD Duc:

(Pressure)

I just run in with d.B, d.A, and press forward getting ready for forward+A. If the d.B hits, then I press A and continue. For dash s.C, I just run in and see if the opponent is doing something and may get hit then I'll do forward A if I feel it's gonna hit.

(Jump-ins)

j.A - Up close fast air attack (air to air or ground)

j.B - far distance air to air, use like a poke

j.C - Up close slow but low hitting air attack - good against people who like to d.A anti air

j.D - far distance / air to air

j.CD - against people who use d.C and for super long block stun

(Mixups)

Yeah if they're able to block most of the things I do I'll go for grab/crossup/frame trap.

The best setup is using close stand B first then either
   - stand C link
   - stand C frame trap (slightly late s.C)
   - command throw / regular throw
   - another jump attack or cross up
   - s.A, s.B then far s.D for poking

Cross ups are harder in console in that you can't hop over a standing opponent in console. So I use it a lot less now.

(Basic offense)

Most important thing is to poke with s.B and s.D and j.B or D at it's max range to harass if you have trouble getting in. You have to really know his normals well. When you can get in, j.Cs and d.B, d.A pressure until you can hit confirm. Also manage your meter wisely meaning go for only combos using just super meter or just HD. Use both if it's for the kill. I tend to use only standard combos or HD combos. Standard combo would be s.C, f+A, qcb+C, super (or d.B, d.A as starter).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 06:03:31 PM by tastylumpia »
twitter @tasty_lumpia

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 11:07:19 PM »
I'm tempted to run Claw Iori in either a back up team or my main. I like his offense, and I like how easily he can combo into his grab, and I think he has the easiest Hyper Drive combos.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 12:56:23 AM »
as somebody with fairly sloppy inputs, one of my favourite things about claw Iori is that I never accidentally get DMs when doing drive cancels with him.

HalfEmpty

• Rising Dragon
  • I shall plague you forever
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 10:06:13 PM »
came up with a quick character kill setup out of one of the trial mode combos + hyperdrive

HyperDrive, crouch ;b, ;a;fd ;a;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b, Drive Cancel   ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;c;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;d;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d

I think it was trial 3 or 4, that drive cancel is a very nice way into the command throw. this costs 3 bars and I saw it doing at least 75% health with the right timing; get in, do a short combo, yatagarasu makes the kill.

----------
keep playing and keep thinking