Author Topic: Claw Iori (Console)  (Read 77327 times)

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Iori Yagami (Console)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 10:17:13 PM »
shouldn't your combo only take 2 bars, since you're using Yatagarasu during HD mode?  I didn't see any other EX moves or supers in it
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

HalfEmpty

• Rising Dragon
  • I shall plague you forever
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 10:25:13 PM »
hm. I think I was thinking of  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d on that last slash.

----------
keep playing and keep thinking

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 03:42:42 AM »
came up with a quick character kill setup out of one of the trial mode combos + hyperdrive

HyperDrive, crouch ;b, ;a;fd ;a;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b, Drive Cancel   ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;c;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;d;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d

I think it was trial 3 or 4, that drive cancel is a very nice way into the command throw. this costs 3 bars and I saw it doing at least 75% health with the right timing; get in, do a short combo, yatagarasu makes the kill.

True but, for beginners I think vs. people who enjoy holding down back. Though for beginners his HD akegarasu into shougetsu rekas will lead to the same amount of damage without using his neo max. Actually, while in HD mode ending his rekas into his command throw with  ;dn ;db ;bk + ;d then yaotome (level 1 super) should get you about 75% damage.

BTW most people already know but, if anyone doesn't vs. projectile happy people; EX Akegarasu ( ;dn ;db ;bk ;b + ;d) will go through projectiles. It will not travel full screen distance, best used at half screen. So it's good if you can bait out projectiles, also has combo potential if used in corner, but will require you to sacrifice some stock and, meter (but the damage is worth it.)
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

HalfEmpty

• Rising Dragon
  • I shall plague you forever
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 04:26:15 PM »
wow, good stuff. I haven't thought much of projectile beat-outs on my moves yet because I've been relying on the rest of the KoF system as of yet to get through that (IE 4 jump options and a roll), I honestly wouldn't have known. I only just recently thought of the fact that   ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;a ;c might be projectile invincible.

execution-wise I think the referenced combo comes out eaiser then DCing those  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c s into  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b s, the timing on the cancel actually gets a little tight and I prefer this one for ease of execution, even if it's wasteful by one more meter.

also, enjoy a wasteful lol-combo, hyperdrive, in the corner;

hyperdrive, ( ;fd ;dn ;df ;a, drive cancel
 ;fd ;dn ;df ;a ;c ) 4x,  ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;c.

DISRESPECTFUL

----------
keep playing and keep thinking

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »
In my experience, EX akegarasu (qcb+BD) doesn't actually go through projectiles.  It might go through them on start up, but I've done it from mid screen to try and safely close distance on someone, and they hit me with a FB after I had started the move.  To be fair, it may have been an EX fireball, I can't remember, but it definitely seems to me that "EX akegarasu has invincibility to fireballs" is highly exaggerated.
Maybe it has weird invincibility where it can only pass through FB already on the screen
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 06:32:58 PM »
This guy's video is amazing

KOF XIII Iori Combo

Best video to watch and have some decent bnb

awesome vid.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 06:38:30 PM »
In my experience, EX akegarasu (qcb+BD) doesn't actually go through projectiles.  It might go through them on start up, but I've done it from mid screen to try and safely close distance on someone, and they hit me with a FB after I had started the move.  To be fair, it may have been an EX fireball, I can't remember, but it definitely seems to me that "EX akegarasu has invincibility to fireballs" is highly exaggerated.
Maybe it has weird invincibility where it can only pass through FB already on the screen

The EX version of the running slash only has LOWER BODY invincibility. So use it to close in on ground fireballs, but you will get hit with non ground fireballs every time.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 06:42:12 PM »
The EX version of the running slash only has LOWER BODY invincibility. So use it to close in on ground fireballs, but you will get hit with non ground fireballs every time.

good to know.  Thanks.  I thought I had read that EX shogetsu has lower body invicibility as well, but maybe I'm mistaken

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 12:35:13 AM »
 ;dn ;db ;bk + ;b ;d has startup invulnerability.  ;dn ;db ;bk +  ;a/ ;c has lower body invulnerability.

EDIT: The lower body invulnerability is pretty small. Any sweep that's angled even remotely upward (like Iori's) will catch him.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 06:18:11 AM by Gimnbo »

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 06:41:38 AM »
In my experience, EX akegarasu (qcb+BD) doesn't actually go through projectiles.To be fair, it may have been an EX fireball, I can't remember, but it definitely seems to me that "EX akegarasu has invincibility to fireballs" is highly exaggerated. Maybe it has weird invincibility where it can only pass through FB already on the screen

Are you guys sure about that? Or is this one of those hidden nerfs? 47:26
[spoiler]http://youtu.be/MFujoEbE7Eo?t=47m26s[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:09:05 AM by Kane317 »
Undefeated online KOF player.

Parapets

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 10:30:07 AM »
EX Akegarasu does go through projectiles and hasn't been changed in the console version. I've used it in matches and it works fine.

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 11:32:31 PM »
Yeah, I was straight up wrong. The EX dash'n'slash goes through projectiles but has no invulnerability otherwise. I think the problem other people and myself are having is that we think the move goes farther and thus h as more invulnerability time than it actually does.

EDIT: Aha. Found the issue. The projectile invulnerability lasts about half as long as the move itself. The dash goes a bit more than half screen but the invulnerability lasts for about 1/4 - 1/3 of the screen.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:37:04 PM by Gimnbo »

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 12:07:38 PM »
Yeah, I was straight up wrong. The EX dash'n'slash goes through projectiles but has no invulnerability otherwise. I think the problem other people and myself are having is that we think the move goes farther and thus h as more invulnerability time than it actually does.

EDIT: Aha. Found the issue. The projectile invulnerability lasts about half as long as the move itself. The dash goes a bit more than half screen but the invulnerability lasts for about 1/4 - 1/3 of the screen.

Thanks for clearing it up. It was inconsistent as an anti-projectile move for me, and now I know why haha
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 05:09:24 AM »
Any opinions on consistent anti-air for Iori?  I keep (somewhat stupidly) trying to use dp+A or dp+C which both seem to be terribly slow on start up, and get beat by basically anything, as long as it is already on the screen.  is cr.C or cl.C decent?  I've also tried cl.D a bit, as well as trying to use qcb+A, but it seems to be too slow to do much of anything.

Obviously its possible to use EX ya otome as anti air, but it's a lot of meter to burn just to punish a jump in, and the timing to actually hit most things is a bit tight.  Same thing goes for a naked neomax, it just seems like a lot of meter

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 08:44:47 AM »
You can try neutral jump or hop B. The horizontal range is good, and its quick, and its good for zoning against those who like to hop towards you from half screen. You can also zone carefully with far B to catch people trying to jump at you from mid-range randomly. s.C (aka cl.C) is good against those whom are at close range trying to jump over your head or to catch some empty jump throw attempts.

But most of all, nothing is wrong with just blocking...
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."